• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English Bias and Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppy

The English seem to think they have the best players.When a lions team is mentioned it is amazing the number of average English players that actually make the team...Haskell Rees Sackey Wigglesworth Even Cipriani(who has hardly played in a proper international).This is largely down to sky sports theyd be able to make people believe that a goat could kill a tiger.Anyway I suppose it is just the English culture.If politics doesnt come into the frame when the lions test team is being picked there should be very few english players on it..........

I don't see any arguments being made for any other players, there. :rolleyes: Anyway, who knows. Come next year, most of the form players could be from Scotland and Ireland. Well, you can dream, can't you. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 26 2008, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh dead, 606 type threads have finally infected TRF...[/b]
The guy was banned from Planet Rugby for trolling. That says it all...
Note: My previous post was seriously tongue-in-cheek. I don't want anyone to take offence from it. D:

I'm not really going to bother with this except treat it with the contempt that it deserves. I think the real reason why so many Wasps players are being mentioned is down to the fact that the Coaching team has worked with these players for a long time when at Wasps.

If there is such an English Union bias, why are we running with a Scottish head coach with a Kiwi, a Welshman and a Rugby League northerner in tow? If they pick a squad heavy with Englishmen, its the coaches you should blame and the coaches alone. And knowing Geechs and Gatland, they are not people to be swayed by fickle media opinion.

And that media opinion isn't all swaying behind English players and its completely unfair to bash the English pundits. Take Mick Cleary for example and see who he has spotlighted to play at wing: Shane Williams? Rob Kearney? Keith Earls? Tommy Bowe?

English bias generally? Come off it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 27 2008, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh dead, 606 type threads have finally infected TRF...[/b]

And thanks to one of the blogs you posted fine sir, I cannot help but glance through the 606 boards every hour or so. It's bloody infectious! :lol: I don't post, I just love reading about how awesome Cipriani is!

I think an Irishman talking about English mediocrity is pure comedy gold.

No wai Cyril! Watch about all those Tesco value triple crowns that they won?!

Oh yeah, I forgot about those... and that grand slam they won 4 million years ago as well!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No wai Cyril! Watch about all those Tesco value triple crowns that they won?![/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 26 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh yeah, I forgot about those... and that grand slam they won 4 million years ago as well![/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland always parties like its 1948, baby![/b]

The quality of your replies just about matches the quality of the post, hardly original now, go away and come up with something better than that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 26 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No wai Cyril! Watch about all those Tesco value triple crowns that they won?![/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 26 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh yeah, I forgot about those... and that grand slam they won 4 million years ago as well![/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland always parties like its 1948, baby![/b]

The quality of your replies just about matches the quality of the post, hardly original now, go away and come up with something better than that.
[/b][/quote]

Can't we all just get along and continue blaming Eddie for his past crimes. It's worked so well for so long. Lets have Faith in Super-Kidney and hope for some success in the next few years with Bowe doing well, Fitzgerald and Earls coming through, Kearney doing his funny goose step thing to avoid tackles when there's nobody near him (though I think he may have stopped that now :lol: ), O'Driscoll back to doing something other than being an extra flanker and Paul O'Connell as ever putting the 'fear o' god' in the oppisition

I'll admit the last Lions tour pained me though, with Wilkie in the centre and Clive making me steam.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 26 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can't we all just get along and continue blaming Eddie for his past crimes. It's worked so well for so long. Lets have Faith in Super-Kidney and hope for some success in the next few years with Bowe doing well, Fitzgerald and Earls coming through, Kearney doing his funny goose step thing to avoid tackles when there's nobody near him (though I think he may have stopped that now :lol: ), O'Driscoll back to doing something other than being an extra flanker and Paul O'Connell as ever putting the 'fear o' god' in the oppisition

I'll admit the last Lions tour pained me though, with Wilkie in the centre and Clive making me steam.[/b]

Hear hear!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 26 2008, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Oct 26 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll admit the last Lions tour pained me though, with Wilkie in the centre and Clive making me steam.[/b]

Hear hear!
[/b][/quote].
The likes of Danny Care and others are being hailed as excellent players.Not that many of you will care but in Ronan O Garas book he says that all the Irish players laugh at the hype the English players get.He goes on to say that the standard of the top English players is nothing in comparison to the Irish which has been proven in recent years as England only beat a deflated Ireland team last year.Aside from that it is easy to see.For example nobody mentions David Wallaces name when it comes to the lions and he is by far the best backrow these isles have and I am not being bias here.And another thing it is a WASPS coaching setup so politics will play a big part which is unfortunate.ANd I didnt get banned from planet rugby for trolling I got banned fortelling a joke.

Ronan O Gara is an idiot who should have been drowned at birth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 26 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ronan O Gara is an idiot who should have been drowned at birth.[/b]
It is the whole Ireland team and I am sure the other nations agree

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 26 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1. The likes of Danny Care and others are being hailed as excellent players.

2. Not that many of you will care but in Ronan O Garas book he says that all the Irish players laugh at the hype the English players get.He goes on to say that the standard of the top English players is nothing in comparison to the Irish which has been proven in recent years as England only beat a deflated Ireland team last year.

3. Aside from that it is easy to see. For example nobody mentions David Wallaces name when it comes to the lions and he is by far the best backrow these isles have and I am not being bias here.

4. And another thing it is a WASPS coaching setup so politics will play a big part which is unfortunate.

5. ANd I didnt get banned from planet rugby for trolling I got banned fortelling a joke.[/b]
1. Care is an excellent player. If you think otherwise you're <strike>stark-raving</strike> a communist.

2. Ronan O'Gara? Lol, because his opinion isn't biased and is totally valid. England beat a deflated Ireland last year? Fair enough; it's fair to say that Ireland beat a deflated England the year before that then? No, neither comment is fair. Shut up.

3. Oh my dear God. Martyn Williams; Ryan Jones; Filo Tiatia; Tom Rees; Alan Quinlan; Andy Powell; Fernandez Lobbe; Jordan Crane; I'd pick all these over David Wallace.

4. Given that Cipriani, Haskell, Rees and Flutey are all good enough to play for the Lions anyway, I don't know what you're banging on about.

5. That's nice. Get yourself an alt. account and bugger off back there; they didn't want you; neither do we.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (poppy @ Oct 26 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. The likes of Danny Care and others are being hailed as excellent players.

2. Not that many of you will care but in Ronan O Garas book he says that all the Irish players laugh at the hype the English players get.He goes on to say that the standard of the top English players is nothing in comparison to the Irish which has been proven in recent years as England only beat a deflated Ireland team last year.

3. Aside from that it is easy to see. For example nobody mentions David Wallaces name when it comes to the lions and he is by far the best backrow these isles have and I am not being bias here.

4. And another thing it is a WASPS coaching setup so politics will play a big part which is unfortunate.

5. ANd I didnt get banned from planet rugby for trolling I got banned fortelling a joke.[/b]
1. Care is an excellent player. If you think otherwise you're <strike>stark-raving</strike> a communist.

2. Ronan O'Gara? Lol, because his opinion isn't biased and is totally valid. England beat a deflated Ireland last year? Fair enough; it's fair to say that Ireland beat a deflated England the year before that then? No, neither comment is fair. Shut up.

3. Oh my dear God. Martyn Williams; Ryan Jones; Filo Tiatia; Tom Rees; Alan Quinlan; Andy Powell; Fernandez Lobbe; Jordan Crane; I'd pick all these over David Wallace.
Oh dear some of the players you mentioned there arent even eligible to play for the lions.Flutey hasnt even played an international you idiot.This is what I mean JORDAN CRANE ANDY POWELL AND THE OTHER IDIOTS YOU MENTIONED WOULDNT EVEN GET ON A MUNSTER 22
4. Given that Cipriani, Haskell, Rees and Flutey are all good enough to play for the Lions anyway, I don't know what you're banging on about.

5. That's nice. Get yourself an alt. account and bugger off back there; they didn't want you; neither do we.
[/b][/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts