• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English clubs back Euro boycott

Well the English are out, so I expect the French will be out as well... So its going to be the Irish, Welsh and Scots in the Heineken Cup

Well the English are out, so I expect the French will be out as well... So its going to be the Irish, Welsh and Scots in the Heineken Cup
[/b]
They should just call it 'The Celtic League....and Italy' if the english and french do boycott it.

[/b]

No no.

The English clubs say they will be out if the French clubs don't play. The fat lady isn't belting it out yet, the French clubs could still turn round and prevent the competition folding.

I can't see it happening, but this way the English clubs have made it look like it isn't their fault.

Selfish ********....with 3 out of 4 in the semi's their trying to keep the trophy forever, will backfire when the Scarlets win it!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
They should just call it 'The Celtic League....and Italy' if the english and french do boycott it.
[/b][/quote]

The Magners League Challenge Cup I would call it :D

Its all a sham, wont happen. Their just usuing it like they did in '99. When they have a platform to stand on, having teams doing well in the cup! It really is about the moolah!

When I think of the English Premiership clubs I think of...

Harry-Enfield-Loadsamoney-doin-55935.jpg

Especially Northampton, I think they are deliberately trying to get relegated so that they can get their hands on that £700,000 golden goodbye!!

Especially Northampton, I think they are deliberately trying to get relegated so that they can get their hands on that £700,000 golden goodbye!! [/b]

And the rest, they will get a HUGE Parachute Payment, plus the money they will sell players on for, but I honestly that its a club that seriously needs some reshuffling to happen...

I think the time is ripe to do a version of "LOADSA MONEY!" Starring Carlos Spencer and Paul Grayson.

Don't panic. When it's about the moolah, there's always a last minute compromise.

Hahahaha, oh dear.

No Shtove, you don't quite understand how the "system" goes in England.

Usually both sides just sit about disagreeing, swearing at each other, releasing press statements for about 18 months about how they hate the other side and generally being stubborn old fools until they are dragged kicking and screaming to the courts.

If there is a last minute solution, it'll be one forced upon both parties by a High Court Judge in London.

Especially Northampton, I think they are deliberately trying to get relegated so that they can get their hands on that £700,000 golden goodbye!!
[/b]

Excuse me?

Go and look at Saracens history before you start ******** in our back yard. It's littered with vastly overpaid 'stars' being being brought in as a quick fix, most of which have not worked out.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Excuse me?

Go and look at Saracens history before you start ******** in our back yard. It's littered with vastly overpaid 'stars' being being brought in as a quick fix, most of which have not worked out.
[/b][/quote]

You're excused, get out. Only joking!

I can quite happily crap in your back yard because while we have brought in overpaid old people, we've never have felt the urge to head towards the bottom of the table in a bid to get the huge amounts of cash. We've always had loads of cash and have always been happy to splash it around, something I celebrate.

I celebrate the fact that Saracens, and it's fans, have no shame whatsoever :bana: Why else did we adopt the slogan "allez au noirs"?! Because of all the Frenchies we imported in the 1990s! :D

This is the only theory I have of Northampton's demotion to the 1st Division. There is no other explanation, especially after their dogged defeat of Biarittz and excellent performance in almost every competition except the Guinness Premiership. Northampton's management are conspiring to get relegated and pocket the huge cash windfall.

We don't need the cash!

Our club is one of only several in the Premiership making a profit every season. And while Barwell may have lost the plot when it comes to rugby, he seems to have had his business head screwed on right for the last 20+ years.

Latest posts