• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English Rugby (East Midlands aside)...

Here's a crazy idea: don't pay your players more than you can afford.

Yeah. I thought the salary cap would have done that, but if you go signing everyone and anyone for a decent amount, then you're going to need some serious turnover to come out in the black.

Sarries situation is about a decade in the making and EddieG is saying it as he sees it. Him and Mark Evans have splashed the cash but are also thinking big to try and balance the books. Its worked for Evans and Quins (the Stoop is now a very very nice ground with Greene King on pump and packed stands for most games) but Saracens need to move to a different, possibly smaller ground.

Thats probably caused more angry arguments amongst Saracens fans than anything Tiny has (or has not) caused recently.

EDIT: Apparently we're not going to Stratford but rumours are that Loftus Road is an option which makes me put my head in my hands. Before you laugh, Loftus Road is like going on a long haul flight with Aeroflot in a 1920s plane. Its a tiny ground cramped like hell and a total dive. At least Vicarage Road as comfortable seats in the South Stand!

My view is that on the 17th of April, Saracens & Quins should be able to get more than 60,000 in Wembley especially if tickets are £10 a pop and the weather is nice. I'm going to take 5 or 6 with me on the day. I'd be shocked however if Quins aren't making money in their current situation, Bloodgate or not.

Northampton and Leicester only make a profit because of their non-rugby activities (renting function rooms etc.)

Nobody makes money through rugby alone.

all this hassle with finances yet footballers still call us the rich posh boys ?

EDIT: Apparently we're not going to Stratford but rumours are that Loftus Road is an option which makes me put my head in my hands. Before you laugh, Loftus Road is like going on a long haul flight with Aeroflot in a 1920s plane. Its a tiny ground cramped like hell and a total dive. At least Vicarage Road as comfortable seats in the South Stand!

Isnt Loftus Road the ones which the tryline-dead ball line are about 3 yards apart

Well... Bath are now RICH!!!

We have just been brought by a Billionaire Local Boy, who wants to invest in the club, and make it back to the top! We shall be getting a new ground, which will no longer be at the Rec, this is not ideal, but it needs to be done as the posh toff's don't want to lose a green space... a green space which will now be empty, devoid of sport, except for the occasional game of cricket...

Maybe they'll split between the two? Have the higher attendance matches (derbys and HEC) in the new bigger one, smaller matches in the old? Sort of like how Munster split there matches
Then again, with both of them being in Bath, there's not really any need to split, as a city isn't really the same as a province

Mjones.jpg

Also don't forget that both will still technically be on public land and there is some sort of mandate in Bath about "green space". They simply wouldn't allow 2 stadia; It's amazing enough they're still even considering 1 within the city limits.

If it wasn't for this guy coming in though, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd ended up tenants at Swindon County Ground within the next few years.

Bets are that Bath remain loss leaders and will be the highly expensive plaything of Bruce Craig. At least however their future is secure so long as he's with them.

We needed some investment, and also the new stadium required someone to help give us some clout...

Latest posts