• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English too fat to win World Cup - Fitzpatrick

S

shiznit

English too fat to win World Cup - Fitzpatrick

Former All Black captain Sean Fitzpatrick has mocked England's World Cup rugby chances, saying their players are too fat.

"You won't win anything with a bunch of fatties," the Sun newspaper in London reported.

Fitzpatrick, capped 92 times for New Zealand, said England coach Brian Ashton needed to get his team into shape quickly.

"Ashton has got a game plan that will suit England," he said.

"But the players need to start putting in the work.

"It's great playing an expansive game but you can't afford to have any fatties there.

"Look at the All Blacks, they actually look like athletes."

England needed to stop talking about being world champion and start acting like it to have any hope of defending its crown in September, he said.

"Maybe in England they've enjoyed talking about being world champions for too long and have been going backwards in the process."

World rugby needed England to be strong, he said.

"They've got the biggest player base in the world and they need to go back to basics.

"A lot of it is down to the players and a few guys have really let themselves down".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol2tn:

funny article.... considering fitzy wasnt exactly a human specimen of athletic excelence...

im fishing for our english friends ofcourse... :bleh!:

Is this the same as when we were told all our players were too old in 2003?

Or when Alex Ferguson got told you can't win anything with kids?

Here's hoping for similar results.

You're seriously suggesting that the bunch of stick insects we have for players right now are "too fat"?

First they haven't got enough meat on their bodies and now they're too fat! :huh:

I love this wacky propaganda New Zealand comes out with, you gotta laugh :lol:

Do you guys do public relations for North Korea and Iran by any chance?

Matthew Tait is a lard balloon. But Andy Goode needs to put the pounds back on.

andy good always reminds me of pauline from the league of gentlemen.
he is a fat ******* and all. but its a fair point, the backline lacks a bit of size at the moment.

Through sarcasm.
[/b]

How about through a:

gallery_2713_2_24130.jpg
:D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From: http://www.stuff.co.nz/4068786a1823.html

:lol2tn:

funny article.... considering fitzy wasnt exactly a human specimen of athletic excelence...[/b]

What are you on about - Campese called him "The Greatest Winger I ever played against" when Fitzy retired. Fitzpatrick > Cohen.

Fitzy was one of NZ's best 'not after the limelite' wingers!
Wasted as a Hooker he was...

I`d actually replace "winger" with "whinger" in that statement...........

Anyway, the Bok forwards will be on average 14kilo`s per man heavier than the England forwards for the 1st test in Bloemfontein tomorrow. So either the England "fatties" have recently acquired a little dose of anorexia, or Bakkies Botha, Schalk Burger et al are serious pieces of lard-ass, according to Fitzy. So which one is it?

In any case, Fitzpatrick has got it horribly wrong (as usual) and is talking out of his arsehole (again, as usual).

England aren't too fat to win the World Cup, they're too sick with food poisoning to win the World Cup.

At this rate, we're all going to be carried around the pitch on hospital beds.

And hey, give Campo some credit, he did actually eat his hat after England won in 2003. Seriously.

It's not a question of being fat. They're just not as good as they were 4 years ago.

fat? has Fitzpatrick actually looked at the team or has he found 15, supporters wearing enland jerseys, hes talking out of his ass... again

It's not a question of being fat. They're just not as good as they were 4 years ago.
[/b]

That's the real point there...Fitzpatrick's comments are just another example of people thinking they can be as disrespectful as they like to the 'arrogant' English and everyone will just chuckle along. Strictly smalltime. The New Zealanders are setting themselves up for a fairly big fall if the don't win this world cup.

SB

I`d actually replace "winger" with "whinger" in that statement...........
[/b]

or chicken winger for that matter....

So either the England "fatties" have recently acquired a little dose of anorexia
[/b]

I new there was a point to these tours, England went over to SA to get one of our Suzie viruses so they could lose some weight.