EOYT: England vs South Africa, 24/11/2012

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Twickenham, London (24-11-2012, 14:30 GMT)
England.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
South Africa.png

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant referees: TBD
Television match official: TBD

big england fan but it chokes me to say springboks will win this one, they were almost good against australia but made too many mistakes.

Noooo, I missed the SA odds of 6.5 by a whisker! Might have got in when they were 2.something for a second.

I think we have 2 similar teams ITO strengths and weaknesses going at each other here.

Hope pride is enough to carry us in this one and then we concentrate on conditioning, skills, playing the situation and getting the best players in from next year on.

Noooo, I missed the SA odds of 6.5 by a whisker! Might have got in when they were 2.something for a second.

Sorry man, used this vBookie to test a few features, including different ratio's. This might make it possible for us to bet during matches in the future, which fluctuating odds.

Bets are on!

Added a new vBookie. The stakes of the previous vBookie have been returned to the members.

I will try to make this vBookie a trial run for future match threads. If everything goes according to plan, I will be changing the odds during the match, making it more interesting to bet while the match is taking place.

For instance:

When South Africa is in the lead, the odds for England go up and for SA they go down. It will be possible to place multiple bets. Example:

Before the match, stormer2010 puts 150 vCash on the Springboks with a ratio of 2.08

At half-time, the Boks are down by 11 points, making the new ratio 4.05. Stormer2010 tries his luck and he puts 500 vCash on the Boks, this time for the 4.05 ratio.

If the Boks manage to win, he will win 150 x 2.08 + 500 x 4.05

This will mean a total win of 312 + 2025 = 2337

Sorry man, used this vBookie to test a few features, including different ratio's. This might make it possible for us to bet during matches in the future, which fluctuating odds.

No probs. I got a little excited when I saw 6.5.

Going to be a tough match. As it stands I think SA will need to up their game from our previous two performances if we want to win. Still betting 1000 swag bucks on the Bokke though :p.

Looks like JP Pietersen might be out, which will probably see Mvovo? brought in, but other than that I doubt that many changes will be made, CJ might get dropped but I'm not sure we have an adequate replacement at all, other than that I highly doubt we'll see many changes in the starting 23 that played Scotland, I'd like to see Taute swapped for Zane but I can't see it happening, in arguably the toughest of our NH fixtures.

Just to let you guys know... All tests have been successful. You guys can put multiple bets on this match and the odds will change 3 times during the match.

1. After the 20-minute mark
2. At half-time
3. After the 60-minute mark

SA to win by 10 or more.

We don't have the team mentality to win, our captain doesn't know how to win games (one would have thought after Quins vs Conaught last Heinekin season he would know the importance of kicking for posts), and over the teamsheet we don't have any outstanding players that SA can't match.

I don't think South Africa are miles better than us player for player, but they have a far better team ethos, took us in the summer, and have loads of experience which should carry them through.

Going to be a tough match. As it stands I think SA will need to up their game from our previous two performances if we want to win. Still betting 1000 swag bucks on the Bokke though :p.

Looks like JP Pietersen might be out, which will probably see Mvovo? brought in, but other than that I doubt that many changes will be made, CJ might get dropped but I'm not sure we have an adequate replacement at all, other than that I highly doubt we'll see many changes in the starting 23 that played Scotland, I'd like to see Taute swapped for Zane but I can't see it happening, in arguably the toughest of our NH fixtures.

HM said if JP won't be ready to play saturday, he'll consider Taute on the wing. Which I don't think he should do... Move Hougaard to the right wing, Mvovo on the left wing and put Taute at 15. It's the last game of the year for the Boks, we've secured a top four spot in the rankings. Why not have a run at them, let's see what happens... if all else fails, revert back to our power game.

Yeah, **** logic! Just put another player out of position. Why not put Jean de Villiers on the wing? Or Strauss? Why would Meyer use Taute anywhere but his best position? What about this for a backline:

9. Kirchner
10.de Jongh
11.de Villiers
12.Hougaard
13.Vermaak
14.Lambie
15.Rhule

That would make sense, according to Meyer.

Yeah I'd hate to see Taute moved to the wing, I'd saying playing him at outside is already less than optimal, and moving him to the wing is just buggering him around. Besides outside's who are moved to the wing, have a tendency to drift in occasionally on defence, so I feel like it would be more risk than it's worth.

It is quite a good point that we have secured a top 4 spot but I'm not sure that means HM will want to experiment, winning every game in the NH will do a lot to consolidate public pressure back home, however there isn't much doubt in my mind that:

9. Pienaar
10. Lambie
11. Mvovo
12. JdV.
13. JdJ
14. Hougaard
15. Taute

Would be the best bet in terms of keeping things fairly staple while giving Taute a run in his preferred position and Mvovo another chance (which he does deserve especially considering Hougaard has been given a fair opportunity on the wing).

As for forwards? Bench might get dabbled with but in Flip's defence the penalty last game felt more like an accumulative team punishment rather than something Flip did himself, and as I said I'm not sure who I would replace CJ with at such short notice, tight-head is a really worry past Jannie atm.

edit: Oh ****, Eben citing for alleged eye-gouging.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd hate to see Taute moved to the wing, I'd saying playing him at outside is already less than optimal, and moving him to the wing is just buggering him around. Besides outside's who are moved to the wing, have a tendency to drift in occasionally on defence, so I feel like it would be more risk than it's worth.

It is quite a good point that we have secured a top 4 spot but I'm not sure that means HM will want to experiment, winning every game in the NH will do a lot to consolidate public pressure back home, however there isn't much doubt in my mind that:

9. Pienaar
10. Lambie
11. Mvovo
12. JdV.
13. JdJ
14. Hougaard
15. Taute

Would be the best bet in terms of keeping things fairly staple while giving Taute a run in his preferred position and Mvovo another chance (which he does deserve especially considering Hougaard has been given a fair opportunity on the wing).

As for forwards? Bench might get dabbled with but in Flip's defence the penalty last game felt more like an accumulative team punishment rather than something Flip did himself, and as I said I'm not sure who I would replace CJ with at such short notice, tight-head is a really worry past Jannie atm.

edit: Oh ****, Eben citing for alleged eye-gouging.

Oh wow! they waited until the very last second to get that citation out... Evil!!

Smells fishy, Eben already has a bad reputation for the Sharp incident (which I personally thought had nothing in it) which means he's more likely to be cited by reputation, plus it was an English citing commissioner and he's absolutely vital to our pack.

I can't find footage of this anywhere but I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing in it, and I would be even less surprised if he was cited anyway.

Yeah people always get cited for doing nothing. Lock him up and throw away the key. Ban him for life. He is dirty and will be forever. We are on about Dylan Hartley right.

Smells fishy, Eben already has a bad reputation for the Sharp incident (which I personally thought had nothing in it) which means he's more likely to be cited by reputation, plus it was an English citing commissioner and he's absolutely vital to our pack.

I can't find footage of this anywhere but I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing in it, and I would be even less surprised if he was cited anyway.

Haha, seriously?
I've no idea whether he did or didn't. I didn't see the game, but I've not heard anyone mention it. To suggest that its some conspiracy to weaken the Boks pack ahead of the England game is just farcical.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Haha, seriously?
I've no idea whether he did or didn't. I didn't see the game, but I've not heard anyone mention it. To suggest that its some conspiracy to weaken the Boks pack ahead of the England game is just farcical.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
Yeah you're absolutely right. I'm just crushed because we need him and he's my absolute favourite player at the moment.
If he's stupid enough to have done it he deserves to be cited anyway. It's just aggravating :p.

Last edited:
My changes for the game would be :

Morgan in for Waldrom
Corbs in for Marler
Bench Burns and ditch Farrell

Going to be a tougher challenge then Australia, if we improve on our discipline from last time out I think we can put up a good contest.

My changes for the game would be :

Morgan in for Waldrom
Corbs in for Marler
Bench Burns and ditch Farrell

Going to be a tougher challenge then Australia, if we improve on our discipline from last time out I think we can put up a good contest.

Would be my changes too plus I would stick Robshaw at 6 and give Wood a run at 7, meaning Johnson misses out on a starting berth.

I don't think these changes will be made. Providing he is fit enough, Corbs will play. I think he is a very important player for this England set up.

Latest posts