• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: France vs Samoa, 24/11/2012

aucklander

Academy Player
Country Flag
Samoa
Club or Nation
Samoa
Stade de France, Saint-Denis (24-11-2012, 17:00 GMT)
France.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Samoa.png

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Assistant referees: TBD
Television match official: TBD

French coach:

"I told the guys that now, the toughest was ahead of us against Samoa," he told a news conference in Lille.
"I have to congratulate my squad tonight but we have to stay humble because the giantkillers are coming at the Stade de France.
"Last night, after I watched Wales versus Samoa, I did not sleep very well -- and it was not because of today's game."

Both undefeated teams going up against each other. Hope Samoa can carry on the form and momentum to upset the french who are playing like the AB's.:D

The unpredictable nature of the French must be one of the biggest cliches in rugby, but one of the truest. I really don't know which way to call this.
All I can say at this very moment is that I am really looking forward to it, and this is from a man who really doesn't want to watch rugby right now.

I think my best moments of rugby were always while looking at a winning Samoa side. It's like looking at French Barbarians that would for once win a game :p
More seriously I was impressed by both Samoan wins, all players including front 5 ones are running like if there was no tomorrow. I believe France need to select a very mobile front row or they will just slip past our defence line like ghosts...

France played really well against Argentina. Michalak is on fire at the moment.

The bad news for us is we've lost all our fullbacks. Williams and Autagavaia are both injured now, and Sooialo is still suspended. I don't see too many options left in our team, we might have to play Lemi at fullback and start Lilomaiava on the wing. Lemi has had experience at fullback in the past, as well as George Pisi, but we need George more at centre. We could play Anufe there, but he lacks the pace to play fullback at this level.

Williams and Autagavaia injured??? They looked fine after the game. Haven't seen any reports on players being unavailable due to injuries. If so than slotting Lilomaiava on to the wing and lemi at the back would be more of a threat than playing anufe. How long will it take before Robbie Fruen pledges his allegiance for Samoa??

Pat Lam mentioned they were injured in a radio interview, pretty good interview too. You can listen to it here: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/player/ondemand/1430502729-samoa-score-upset-over-wales-in-cardiff

I was surprised Autagavaia was injured because he was jumping around at the end, but not really surprised that Williams is injured, because his cheek looked a bit swollen from the head knock with Jaimie Roberts.

The sad thing is Robbie Fruean played for the JABs, so he can't play for us.

From Pat's interview, it's nice to know players are starting to call us because they want to play for Samoa, instead of us calling them.

Thanks uso. The future for Samoan Rugby is now looking promising with our young guns in NZ, AUS, All over the globe wanting to put on the blue jersey.

France called up four extra players, making a group of 27 for Saturday. The players are Sébastien Vahaamahina, Pierrick Gunther, Gaël Fickou and Benjamin Fall.
I'm not sure if this means that PSA sees Samoa as a lesser threat than Australia and Argentina, or is a real coaching need. Vahaamahina could add muscle at lock if played instead of Suta, or could replace Maestri whos not in top form. Gunther in the backrow would certainly add weight, but I can't see any of the starters being replaced, and Chouly is the only squad member that could play 8 if Picamoles go down. Maybe we'll see Nyanga, Chouly and Picamoles starting and Gunther on the bench. I'm glad to see Fickou. The kid is pure talent, and I don't think this is the game for Mermoz. Fofana and Fritz at center, with Fickou off the bench could be awesome. Fall is there to take over from disappointin Huget or to replace an injured Dulin, in case he doesn't recover.
So, I hope we're not underestimting Samoa.

And I'll throw this around: if Samoa wins this saturday, they are serious contenders for the 2012 IRB International Side of the year.

^ no way, PSA "has his head on his shoulders" as we say in ze french.
I'm sure he's just waiting for remarks from his players right around the corner depicting exactly that state of mind - underestimating - so he can beat them with his shoe. He knows aaaaaaaaaaaall about the stereotypical French fluctuation of effort, as he said, a "18/20 performance and then 8/20 the following week".
You can be sure he' was behind that vigorous effort against Argentina, he must've kept telling his players "Australia was a great game, but that's behind us. You guys want to be the laughing stock of the rugby world ?! You guys want that tag of French inconsistency ?! Now go out and dominate like we had all to prove again from scratch."

And he knows all too well his players are like "okay we just gave Australia 33, Argentina 40...Samoa should be a breeze." And he's going to be an absolute nazi to make sure this notion just goes out the door, and enter the killing instinct.
He was part of the only int'l side that ever won both test matches IN NZ in '94 - and though he's obviously not at the origin of that feat - I can see why.

Tough game for the samoans. I expect the french to be too good but then again i expectd wales to beat them as well. I wont be counting them out but the way the french have been playing the last two games, they could put 50 on them.

Ill be rooting for the samoans anyways.

And I'll throw this around: if Samoa wins this saturday, they are serious contenders for the 2012 IRB International Side of the year.

Nah - it''ll go to NZ providing they don't lose to Wales/England. Undefeated in 19 matches so far - could be 21 if we beat England and Wales.

Random little thought, but I don't think I remember a single game where Samoa played in the rain.:lol:

Prediction France 24, Samoa 30

Samoa will control this game through the forwards with Kahn Fotuali'i, Tough battle in the forwards. Both team's playing each other at top form. Great challenge for the Manu to prove to everyone they belong in Tier One. Head to Head - Watch the Number 8's go at each other.

Prediction France 24, Samoa 30

Samoa will control this game through the forwards with Kahn Fotuali'i, Tough battle in the forwards. Both team's playing each other at top form. Great challenge for the Manu to prove to everyone they belong in Tier One. Head to Head - Watch the Number 8's go at each other.

That would surely be a great result for Samoa. I know this French side is a bit improved from the RWC and have the home advantage but if Tonga can get a result, hey, Samoa just need the belief and some focus. I wouldn't put my money against France though as much as I hope for a result for the underdog.

As much as I'd love to see Samoa win, I just can't see it happening.

I think France will win by 10-12.

Does anyone know where I can watch this?? I couldn't find the France vs Argentina game anywhere! Not on sky, couldn't stream it on France 2 online coz I live in England and didn't have any luck with JustinTV and all those other streaming site :( epic fail! Could someone point me in the right direction please?? :D

When I was living in Canada TV5 Monde broadcasted France Test Matchs in Americas but I don't know if they do the same in Europe.

Does anyone know where I can watch this?? I couldn't find the France vs Argentina game anywhere! Not on sky, couldn't stream it on France 2 online coz I live in England and didn't have any luck with JustinTV and all those other streaming site :( epic fail! Could someone point me in the right direction please?? :D
Check your inbox (wink).

I got linx if anybody's interested...

And I'm loving how all of a sudden (well not really all of a sudden !) EEEEVERYBODY who ain't French is vociferously against France !...
We're not cocky ! We're not a vain team or vain fans !! How the fk do we attract hate, some other nations I could seriously see why objectively, but wtfffff ! :lol:

Hilarious !! It's like the most systematic thing since the dawn of Man !...

Latest posts