• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: France vs Samoa, 24/11/2012

psychotic duck: you're so eager to criticizing me you'll willingly just simply skip things I've said.
"I hate to have to come to this, but I've been pushed far too often now on this wretched thread."

The wrong in ppl get the wrong out of you...that's the way it works unfortunately.
And this silly charade has gone far enough. Not interested.
Don't fkn put your nose where it doesn't belong, and stop fkn with me every time I say smt.

"Hey Jamaica—why don't you tourists go back home where you belongYou have no business here." Is this what u trying to say yoe91

^ and the match too, wasn't 43-5 this time, but you've yet to defeat France. Better luck next time ^_^.

P.S.: watch the match again about us not scoring another...it's interesting what blind bias can do to simple minded folk.

Listen, all I'm sayin is, pimpin good performance guys but you LOST THE GAME. You know, the exact inverse of WIINNIIIINGGGGZZZ.
I hate to have to come to this, but I've been pushed far too often now on this wretched thread.

YOU LOST THE MAAAAAATCH GUYS.

Now go the fk back home in your lovely Island, calm the fk down, regroup, and maybe try not to make this a 2-game losing streak, or more.
I understand rugby is all there is there, literally ALL THERE IS. I understand you came CLOSE to upsetting a world power.
But you must understand also the following: the essential, the whole point of playing 80minutes, was a FAILURE. YOU DIDN'T WIN.

Or as teh great Yoda would put it:
"Win...you did not."

Stop making everybody despise you with your scornful/wasteful comments, be gracious in defeat, stay humble; and stop annoying the fk out of everyone on here days AFTER the freaking match !
This guy !!! God !!!! :lol:

Can you calm down and grow up. How old are you?..

Show some respect for fellow posters. You even sound a tad bit racist.

Brother we talk Rugby here no need to act like a little kid and scream "I am the winner, I am the winner..." please show some class.

Yeah we loss but we tried and we lost to a very good Rugby side. Losing to France is not such a bad thing, many teams lose to France.

My god. Yoe sounds a bit insecure.. Who exactly is he referring to? WHo has pushed him over the edge?

Win & lose with pride and humility.

I wont let this fool ruin my love of watching the French domestic comp and the great players it contains both French and other. Nor will I let him sully my opinion of great players like Nyanga(spelling) Michelak etc or past greats like Sella, Blanco and I will never forget Jean Condom. French rugby I will always hold in highest regard. Viva le France !!!

sticks and stones can break my bones but little words don't hurt me, i have just spent a worthless 20mins reading the comments on the France v Samoan match and it is beyond my belief how immature some people can be. This is a forum for comments on rugby not for abrieviations of bad language or personel insults, one or two of you could learn to grow up, this is not the school play ground!!!! France won and at the end of the day winning and playing badly is the resolve of a great team, and winning three out of three makes them the leading NH Nation for the next WC, so learn to live with it !!! so if you have rugby comments to make please do so but leave the triviality in the cupboard!!!

You didnt score any champ we gave you one and you never looked like scoring another.

Maxwell,
"we gave you" is just nonsense; Samoa gave nothing, Michalak went with the intent of doing exactly this, he was not here by chance or because Samoa allowed him.
There were many turnovers in that game and it gave opportunities for counter attacking to both sides. We should have scored another one at the end with Huget but the team didn't manage well that opportunity.

^ and the match too, wasn't 43-5 this time, but you've yet to defeat France. Better luck next time ^_^.

P.S.: watch the match again about us not scoring another...it's interesting what blind bias can do to simple minded folk.

Listen, all I'm sayin is, pimpin good performance guys but you LOST THE GAME. You know, the exact inverse of WIINNIIIINGGGGZZZ.
I hate to have to come to this, but I've been pushed far too often now on this wretched thread.

YOU LOST THE MAAAAAATCH GUYS.

Now go the fk back home in your lovely Island, calm the fk down, regroup, and maybe try not to make this a 2-game losing streak, or more.
I understand rugby is all there is there, literally ALL THERE IS. I understand you came CLOSE to upsetting a world power.
But you must understand also the following: the essential, the whole point of playing 80minutes, was a FAILURE. YOU DIDN'T WIN.

Or as teh great Yoda would put it:
"Win...you did not."

Stop making everybody despise you with your scornful/wasteful comments, be gracious in defeat, stay humble; and stop annoying the fk out of everyone on here days AFTER the freaking match !
This guy !!! God !!!! :lol:

I think that post - among others coming from you - wasn't really necessary...

couldn't stand ppl bragging about how France got a try out of luck and didn't seem to get another, and how rugby is all pass and run and tackle and the kicking aspect all of a sudden doesn't exist.
People basically saying Samoa won the "real" game as if there were such a thing...
When France loses, I don't make up ridiculous excuses, my discourse doesn't insinuate that France basically won the match when they've LOST.

It's so HORRIBLE to read, sore losers, ppl who are vociferously proud for no good reason, ppl who force the bad out of others...obviously the entire forum isn't seeing the issue as it is, and I'm sorry about that. Really am. It's typical of smaller countries, and I should be more intelligent than that - even considering these comments - but it makes me so mad to read unjust, uncalled for and down right silly silly comments. I'll just have to pretend this never happened and will hope for more support next time.

Sam Owen : I'm the last to do this usually "we won we won you lost you lost", I agree it's the most pathetic thing there is. But poke a guy in the arm twice...3 times, 4 times...7 TIMES and there's a limit to everyone's patience.
A fitting retaliation, but again, nobody sees that here.

Yoe, what the heck are you going on about? I have heard of sore losers.. But sore winners?

Honestly, you guys won but is up with you and your comments?

I'm done here friend.
Read up this thread as much as you want and decide who insults who, who started the issue...etc.
Have fun, it's great stuff. Worthy of a rugby forum.

I'm done here friend.
Read up this thread as much as you want and decide who insults who, who started the issue...etc.
Have fun, it's great stuff. Worthy of a rugby forum.

I'm glad, bye.

How can you not be proud of that performance? France have so much money invested in their players and competition but struggles against a team of mercenaries. Samoa is a lot like Argentina and I think Samoa must now be given something after some stirring performances, especially defeating Australia (last year?).

France... Where was the magic that was so obvious against the Australians?

Australia for me as of today is less dangerous than Samoa on one match, and I mean it on every line. Samoa as a better front 5, better halves, better backs.
This may explain why the 'magic' was not more there: because we faced a tougher opposition ?

I'm glad, bye.

How can you not be proud of that performance? France have so much money invested in their players and competition but struggles against a team of mercenaries. Samoa is a lot like Argentina and I think Samoa must now be given something after some stirring performances, especially defeating Australia (last year?).

Samoa's problem is that they are not a viable host financially for big matches with Tier 1 sides. If a North American, Asian or European Tier 2 side develops a really special side, then they all could host teams and provide good facilities, larger stadia, and be more likely for the touring side to make a profit.

I'm afraid from Samoa's point of view, unless SANZAR have a dramatic change of heart, then them touring Samoa is unlikely. They even needed persuasion and reassurances over the profitability of Argentina joining, and they are nowhere near as small in population or GDP terms as Samoa. Perhaps with AIG now giving the All Blacks a large deal, they will be more receptive to doing a bit more for Tier 2 perhaps hosting Samoa, or playing a nation like Japan rather than playing the 90 millionth Bledisloe Cup match of the year there.

Australia for me as of today is less dangerous than Samoa on one match, and I mean it on every line. Samoa as a better front 5, better halves, better backs.
This may explain why the 'magic' was not more there: because we faced a tougher opposition ?

Australia are an odd side. So often people think that they look weak in the front five, and they look vulnerable with lots of injuries, yet they still beat Argentina twice, South Africa, draw with New Zealand and beat England away. But at the same time, you always feel they are the Tri Nations side that you have most chance against.

Australia are an odd side. So often people think that they look weak in the front five, and they look vulnerable with lots of injuries, yet they still beat Argentina twice, South Africa, draw with New Zealand and beat England away. But at the same time, you always feel they are the Tri Nations side that you have most chance against.

They are not a strong side up front, even though they recently improved. But this is not really an issue for them at least against NH nations, when they routed us a few years ago at Stade de France our scrum was already better. The "no scrum, no win" proverb is not more really true and Australia always found the way to deal with that relative weakness. You can consider Argentina and SA as being scrummaging references and still as you said they lost against them.

Still Samoa went behind our line twice when Australia rarely threatened us. When you look at the first try especially this is not only brute force but talent also.

Interesting points, but, well Australia still is the better side of course...
Samoa have impressed in more than just their aggressiveness which is usually their strength (they're hungrier than the opposing team). They've got a serious scrum now, they play more balanced/organized etc...everything we've said earlier on this thread about the attack. Good in the breakdown too.

But they'll still commit strange fouls you don't see in other matches bu theirs, and give away foolish penalties they really could've avoided. Their attack isn't as organized as Australia (granted we haven't seen the height of Australia's prime this November, but ffs they're the Wallabies, guys !).

So I think that was the difference this past month for Samoa. When they were just raw and hungry and athletic before, now they're these 3 things + some actual organization and good execution.

Well obviously the injuries, everybody knows that. But also, the other two sides (NZ SA) are historically the two best nations in rugby...by contrast Australia appears to be the "weakest" but they're really the "least great".
I think they're better than we all suspect, it's just that each team they've played recently has made a great effort of containing them and tightening their defense.
To me, in the France game I was more impressed by the 6 points they scored than by the 33 we scored.

There is a time and place for magic in rugby and Michelak above all has learnt this.....this was an incredibly strong perfomance by the French in old fashioned dogging it out to win a game against highly charged, determined and talented rugby players who wanted to win desperately.

I think Samoa should be congratulated and commiserated with and I think France should be lauded for playing as they did and winning.

This combinatioon of results, indeed, should make them favourites for the 6N - even with the irish performace on Saturday, which was exciting but against a team that was at the races.......France did it in all their three games whilst Ireland did it one with little oppostion.

It could be a really good 6N ......................for a change and, maybe, it will even change my mind on International rugby being pretty poor entertainment (unless the AB's are playing and even then they do not have any opposition).

There is a time and place for magic in rugby and Michelak above all has learnt this.....this was an incredibly strong perfomance by the French in old fashioned dogging it out to win a game against highly charged, determined and talented rugby players who wanted to win desperately.

I think Samoa should be congratulated and commiserated with and I think France should be lauded for playing as they did and winning.

This combinatioon of results, indeed, should make them favourites for the 6N - even with the irish performace on Saturday, which was exciting but against a team that was at the races.......France did it in all their three games whilst Ireland did it one with little oppostion.

It could be a really good 6N ......................for a change and, maybe, it will even change my mind on International rugby being pretty poor entertainment (unless the AB's are playing and even then they do not have any opposition).

Don't forget the dreaded but so often proved french unpredictability, this is a fundamental law along with nuclear force and gravity...:p
Would we lose it we would be come either the worst or the best team in the world !

Usually the more we expect from that french team, the least they provide, and vice versa...I was not expecting much from that autumn tour against two of our Nemesis and you see the result...

Latest posts