France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Ireland.pngVersus Rugby Championship.pngNew Zealand.png

Ireland vs New Zealand

14:00 WET (UTC +0)

Referee:
Nigel Owens (Wales)

The last game of the season, the last game of the year for both national sides. Ireland have come off a mixed Autumn Tour so far with a big victory against Samoa which included 5 tries to none for the home team and 40-9 full time despite a diminished group for the visitors with key injuries, still a fine result; while Ireland in turn received a 4 tries to none punishment at the hands of the Australian Wallabies in a frustrating effort with many good phases but little result the very next week.

New Zealand, needing no introduction to this thread, are still the All-Mighty in terms of the win-loss column, but it isn't pedantic to mention they've shown signs of struggle in many regards so far in their Tour up North, with on the surface 7-point then 8-point victories in Europe during their first 2 confrontations in Paris then London, their most narrow margins this year.

Both Ireland and New Zealand will undoubtedly seek a stronger showing as neither is truly satisfied with the way things went a week prior. Hopefully an elegant match to behold, with two back-lines that have shown intent and quality; let's wish a great match to both sides, full of spectacle on either halves of the field, and may the best team win, always.

Before I talk about what I expect from this game...

I expect a bumming.

Well. Maybe. Interesting test of where Schmidt is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you expect a Bumming last week? Ireland are useless. Never underestimate the wallabies side. We play in the Hardest competition in the world and lose most game and now were the easy beats. I want England in the Rugby championship, lets see how long they last before they've had enough and slip down the rankings. We should be on our way for a Grand slam if it wasn't for George Clancy the useless *******. I couldn't believe the Irish hype that they were going beating us a week ago. Your backs are useless as so are your forwards. Don't expect anything.

Mark my words: "Wales will fall to the Wallabies sword in 2 weeks time "

Why didn't you expect a Bumming last week? Ireland are useless. Never underestimate the wallabies side. We play in the Hardest competition in the world and lose most game and now were the easy beats. I want England in the Rugby championship, lets see how long they last before they've had enough and slip down the rankings. We should be on our way for a Grand slam if it wasn't for George Clancy the useless *******. I couldn't believe the Irish hype that they were going beating us a week ago. Your backs are useless as so are your forwards. Don't expect anything.

well someone isnt a happy chap

This is most likely to be a car crash. I recall thinking the same thing when England played NZ last year and that fear factor of a complete drubbing is Ireland's best shot at turning in a winning performance. Don't go betting your house on an Ireland win though. 2013 has not been good to Ireland.

(TRF Olyy)^ errr, almost equally terrible reply...almost.
And let's not forget that "not enough obstruction" play that gave England exactly a 7-Up, I mean let's not get ahead of ourselves.

But I don't know about an Irish demolition. I think the breakdown will be to the AB's advantage, contrary to the games in France and England. I do think they'll score about 4 tries, but I see Ireland riposting with quality play.

Look the truth is England had an understanding with George Clancy to give us those two tries, especially the not enough obstruction; just as the Wallabies had an understanding with Nigel Hampton, QC to accept James Horwill's regained his balance on AWJ's head in the summer. That's right it's clearly just a massive conspiracy in both hemispheres.

I can't see us not showing up at all like last week but I expect something similar to 2011, a good performance but the All Blacks still being a couple classes above to win by 10-15 points. I can't see a dickibg for three reasons, the players will have been targeting this game from the very start and Schmidt will have a few tricks up his sleeve, they wont want to receive a third dicking in the space of four matches to New Zealand and #Do13forBOD.

No one will ever love you.

I can't see us not showing up at all like last week but I expect something similar to 2011...

In a way it's good what happened to Ireland last weekend. Better to take 15-32 from the Wallabies with a score that doesn't look too horrible and will go down alright in the history books than a monumental annihilation by the AB that will linger and stick out every time folks glance upon the 2013 results. Good wake-up call for the Irish for this match, and the coming 6N perhaps. Ireland can only learn from that defeat against AUS.

It seems I'm a bit alone in this, but I don't think the Irish will receive too severe a thrashing. I do think NZ want to make sure they actually win their last match of the season this year, and will make sure they don't only just win. I think they're also very frustrated by their last two wins where they weren't exactly head and shoulders above their opponents. Ireland on the other hand want to make up for that defeat and give their crowd and the Rugby world something no one expected of course and won't go down easy.

I raise to 40. Honestly don't know what to expect. Part of me has a feeling it'll be like the 3 test series in nz with oz acting as the 1st test this time around and so the next game could be a close 1 against the abs. Just lucky there won't be a test after for an ab backlash of 60 points. Strange reasoning but I have a weird feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts