• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Wales v Australia, 01/12/2012

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff (01-12-2012, 14:30 GMT)
Wales.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
Australia.png

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant referees: TBD
Television match official: TBD

Last edited:
very tough to call imo

Wales aint it brill form and could be missing alot of players. But they had a good last 20 mins so a tiny bit of momentum and They will want revenge from there tour town under.Aus i havent seen much of so cant really comment on them.

I just hope for an improved performance. Win or lose

Well, im rooting for wales here to have a good finish to the EYOT after a real horrible few weeks.

Predict the outcome of this match it's like throwing a coin in the dark.
And guessing it's a six.

Please, Wales, just keep it respectable (a blow-out win for Aus means SA fall behind them again) and maybe get the win if you can to restore some pride and show those close games in June were indeed there for the taking!

^ of course they were there for the taking, regardless of any test played months after that.

Anyways:
Everyone betting on the Aussies (me included) after 6 lost in a row for Wales and BAM !!! Against all odds Wales crushes AUS 38-15 and nobody saw it comin !!!!!......

...ahem.

yoe91;540180[B said:
]^ of course they were there for the taking, regardless of any test played months after that.
[/B]
Anyways:
Everyone betting on the Aussies (me included) after 6 lost in a row for Wales and BAM !!! Against all odds Wales crushes AUS 38-15 and nobody saw it comin !!!!!......

...ahem.

Certainly, yes the scores werre close. I suppose I did not exactly say what I meant.

EYY !!! My name ain't yoe91;540180[B !!
No but I know what you mean, but I don't know what the hell went on in November for Wales...we'll know with hindsight when we look back in a few weeks/mths but...is it just normal, or abnormal as we all think ?

I mean, they didn't win a test in Aus, but got damn close in the last two, could've gone either way easily so the 0-3 doesn't mean **** in June. But then, Argentina and Samoa winning pretty largely...IN CARDIFF...what does THAT mean ?...

Our fragile mindset is to blame.
Yet again, we fall short when we are expected to succeed.
We should hire Plumtree for our next coach!

LOL, going for the double negative with Plumtree there just might work? At least on paper it should.

LOL, going for the double negative with Plumtree there just might work? At least on paper it should.

Nah, because he fits our mould so perfectly. ;)

James Down has been training with Wales.

Last edited:

ohhh...you don't say !!...what an alien concept....to me especially, being a French fan.

Finding out Barnes is ref instead of Joubert is like crossing the road, dodging a car but getting hit by the bus going the other way.

Finding out Barnes is ref instead of Joubert is like crossing the road, dodging a car but getting hit by the bus going the other way.

Funny and true.Nice to know welsh supporters are cringing as much as I am.
Hoping for a win for big Sharpey. Aus might drop their guard again as they usually do.

Welsh Side confirmed

XV: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Liam Williams; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Scott Andrews, Ian Evans, Luke Charteris, Aaron Shingler, Sam Warburton (capt), Toby Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Ryan Bevington, Samson Lee, Ryan Jones, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, Dan Biggar, Scott Williams.

----------------

LOL

-----------------

I'm not suprised with the team tbh, didnt think shingler would be in though but glad he is, gives 100%.
Scott Andrews.. Rhys Priestland.. I hope they actually play ok, not gonna happen but i can hope

Last edited:
With Scott Andrews at tighthead will Wales have a worse scrum than Australia?

Welsh Side confirmed

XV
: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Liam Williams; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Scott Andrews, Ian Evans, Luke Charteris, Aaron Shingler, Sam Warburton (capt), Toby Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Ryan Bevington, Samson Lee, Ryan Jones, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, Dan Biggar, Scott Williams.

I wish that a Warburton/Tipuric flanker combination could have been tried this November. I think that could have been a great combination, and with Lydiate out and Ryan Jones out for the first match it would have been a great time to try it. But unfortunately the coaches thought it a better to play the Scarlets trio of Turnbull/McCusker/Shingler there instead. Interesting Shingler is preferred to Ryan Jones, Jones for whatever reason has been a penalty machine these last two matches, I don't know why as his form for the Ospreys has been outstanding and miles ahead of Shingler. I would have still started Ryan tbh or Warburton there with Tipuric at #7.

I don't know what Priestland has to do to get dropped. He was lucky to be in the November squad at all given his form vs Australia in June and his form for the Scarlets, yet he has started in 3 of the 4 matches and played 42 minutes of the one he didn't start.

Also is the reason Scott Williams is always preferred to Beck on the bench because Beck is seen as just capable of playing one position?

With Scott Andrews at tighthead will Wales have a worse scrum than Australia?

Depends whether Slipper plays, it certainly won't be an advantage for Wales though like it would if Adam Jones was playing.

Actually, to be fair, Andrews was decent against NZ.
Delighted to see Shingler rewarded with a start, he certainly is a different type of forward to what we normally play.

Latest posts