• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Epi Taione

N

Nat

Hey does anyone know when Epi Taione signed up with Harliquins? At one stage he was playing for Sydney club rugby for Manly and then I turn on Senteta on last night and there he is playing for Quins (against the Ospreys) in the Anglo-Welsh Cup. Epi plays good rugby but can be a little crazy (headbutting NZ lock Thursh in a S14 game). Any thoughts?

Don't know when he signed, actually didn't know he'd signed for Quins until they ran out onto the pitch on Sunday. He played really well, apart from getting binned, but he is massively overweight! he looks about 17 stone! More like a backrower than a winger.

Yeah he's something like 124 kgs in EA Rugby08, but in real life he is lighter I would say about 110kgs.

Yeah I was at that game when he come off the bench and gave Jeremy Thrush the Tongan headbutt. He is a bit big for a winger I think he was weighing around about 118-125kg when he played against the Hurricanes. I feel sorry for the Harlequins thou they'll have to try keep him in check and by the way things are going looks like he's already played up.

yeah he needs to sort out his discipline otherwise no one will want him. he's signed with the quins for just a year i believe.

I think Epi is the rugby equivalent of Vinnie Jones. He isn't super talented, but he is a brute and intimidating as you know you are gonna get a beatdown.

He scored on the wkend against France. Actually I thought he was the best out of the Islanders, playing him at 12 was a master stroke, he ran at the French 5/8 and 12 all day and ran over them generally, especially for his try at the end. It took at least 2-3 guys to bring him down. If only he had better hands so he could get the ball out the others as the conceration of players to tackle him would leave gaps everywhere on the field.

Latest posts