Friday

19.35 - Glasgow v Zebre

Saturday

14.45 - Cardiff v Ospreys
15.00 - Munster v Ulster
17.15 - Dragons v Scarlets
19.05 - Treviso v Edinburgh
19.35 - Connacht v Leinster

Glasgow v Zebre - Zebre with two on the trot will travel to Glasgow with hope, they'll leave with their tails between their legs, away wins very much being a step too far for the emerging Italian sides right now.

Cardiff v Ospreys - You may have noticed that if you come from an important country, I'm being outrageously complimentary to Wales here, you have derby games on your hand, can Ospreys stop the rot on judgement day? Do they have to with Ulster and Scarlets needing results in the next three weeks to overtake them? Recent form makes me think no to both!

Limerick South Africa v Belfast South Africa - The only Irish derby where the provinces don't touch, this isn't the most hotly contested match mainly due to most people from Munster thinking Croke Park is the world's most northerly point and that all the South Africans just want to talk about how great it is getting one over on the IRFU (No disrespect to Ruan Pienaar) the red hand gang will probably lose after the friendly kickabout!

Dragons v Scarlets - No home advantage and being bad will see the Dragons lose...

Treviso v Edinburgh - Treviso with an opportunity to win placing their Italian rivals right foot in the grave, hardly an inspiring fixture.

The Champions Elect v **** Leicester City - A derby built from spite and envy, Leinster's Cromwellian treatment of their weaker players helps little. Leinster to end their Galway drought handily!

Should be a good day of rugby down the "Principality" Stadium with the home derbies making Judgement Day. Personally can't see past the Ospreys and Scarlets (sigh). Apparently they are expecting their biggest crowd to date.

Heading to Limerick for this Clash of ***an (and Ulster). Not sure whether we'll rest a few boys or try go nearest to full strength as possible to lead into our game against Sarries. Ideally Murray will do around 50 minutes.

Heading to Limerick for this Clash of ***an (and Ulster). Not sure whether we'll rest a few boys or try go nearest to full strength as possible to lead into our game against Sarries. Ideally Murray will do around 50 minutes.

We will be mixed but not weakened.
And might be a good Brai after game Alpha
And best of luck to the lads in Blue (who are so high almighty yet to date have given 14.7% starts to NIQs compared to Munsters 16.1%). The double all Ireland may be on. We don't need to win this as our last 2 games will be Treviso away and Connacht (who will rest majority of squad in preparation for playoffs)

Not sure if right place to put this but lots of murmurs the Pro12 is going to be seriously redesigned in structure and teams.

Not sure if right place to put this but lots of murmurs the Pro12 is going to be seriously redesigned in structure and teams.
Expansion? Reduction of Italian involvement? Plan to roll out a first division consisting of just Munster and Leinster and then a second division that nobody particularly cares about?

That's been talked about for a year now. The questions are what teams are coming and from where.

No its more Italy loosing a team, removal of this countries being guaranteed spots in Europe also an A league. Have heard for example IRFU considering funding 1 or 2 teams for A league. An example being Dublin get team. These lads won't be affiliated to any province but basically a feeder to provinces and a combination of AIL teams best. Or provincial A teams join league as their own teams. Pro 12 to be lowered in games but more competitive. Still early but equally there is movement

Veeeeeeery interesting. The A League sounds like a good idea, but the standard of clubs in both Connacht and Ulster is weak if that's what we're drawing from. Neither have a team in Division 1A, so they'd be fairly underrepresented. I can't see most other teams being able to compete with the Irish A Teams for a few years either, but we shall see. I prefer the collaborative idea to just putting A teams in. They'd probably look like the sides like Gael Force the Scots put into the B&I Cup for a little while More games for more people. Use the strength of our league and look at guys who may have slipped through the provincial cracks.
Also welcome the removal of guarantees for an Italian team. Cheapens the European pools and blocks a more deserving Pro 12 side from playing at the top level. The competition got better this year, but it needs definite tweaking.

Last edited:
No your missing it.
So A league may be Treviso Zebre Munster A and Leinster A. Dragons, possibly a strong Scottish reserve team and Georgian team or German team. Its aimed at developing and bringing these developing nations on a progression to top as opposed to a scenario like italian teams in Pro12 now.

No your missing it.
So A league may be Treviso Zebre Munster A and Leinster A. Dragons, possibly a strong Scottish reserve team and Georgian team or German team. Its aimed at developing and bringing these developing nations on a progression to top as opposed to a scenario like italian teams in Pro12 now.

Are they considering a super 8? Any promotion playoff for the A league. I like the idea of less teams but a 14 round season plus playoffs is a bit short, 10 was the perfect number.

Are they considering a super 8? Any promotion playoff for the A league. I like the idea of less teams but a 14 round season plus playoffs is a bit short, 10 was the perfect number.

10 is number I've heard. 1 Super Italian team will be in Pro 10. Dragons and Italian team.
Fixtures restructured so there won't be clashes with internationals. No promotion or relegation but a review every 5 years to access teams like Georgian bid. Also the plan is for Europe
Top 6 in every league and spots passed down so for example if a Pro 12 team won Champions cup then 7th in league would qualify. If a Pro 12 team also won Challenge Cup the same year then 8th would get in.

An A league for development would make sense alright. They've always talked about lowering the quantity of games and raising the quality. This would be attractive for television and that's probably the main driving force behind any changes.

CONNACHT

[FONT=&amp]15 Tiernan O'Halloran (124)
14 Niyi Adeolokun (55)
13 Bundee Aki (58)
12 Craig Ronaldson (64)
11 Danie Poolman (82)
10 Jack Carty (78)
9 Kieran Marmion (118)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1 Denis Buckley (115)
2 Dave Heffernan (81)
3 Finlay Bealham (79)
4 Quinn Roux (54)
5 Andrew Browne (152)
6 Eoin McKeon (104)
7 Jake Heenan (51)
8 John Muldoon (299) (captain)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Replacements:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]16 Shane Delahunt (25)
17 JP Cooney (47
18 Dominic Robertson-McCoy (8)
19 Sean O'Brien (36)
20 Naulia Dawai (10)
21 Caolin Blade (42)
22 Steve Crosbie (2)
23 Eoin Griffin (76)

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]15. Zane Kirchner (84)
14. Adam Byrne (20)
13. Rory O'Loughlin (18)
12. Noel Reid (79)
11. Dave Kearney (110)
10. Ross Byrne (20)
9. Luke McGrath (71)
1. Cian Healy (169)
2. James Tracy (38)
3. Mike Ross (150)
4. Ross Molony (40)
5. Hayden Triggs (27)
6. Dominic Ryan (111)
7. Josh van der Flier (41)
8. Rhys Ruddock (127) Captain[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Replacements[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]16. Sean Cronin (126)
17. Peter Dooley (35)
18. Michael Bent (83)
19. Ian Nagle (9)
20. Peadar Timmins (6)
21. Nick McCarthy (5)
22. Tom Daly (7)
23. Barry Daly (9)

Changing my prediction here, Leinster side too inexperienced to win against a full strength side in Galway. This is the second interpro this year that we're throwing (Although I doubt this is forced), shows that having no incentive to finish 1st rather than second in the league is flawed!

Edit:

Ulster

[/FONT]
(15-9): J Stockdale, A Trimble (Capt), L Marshall, S Olding, C Piutau, P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): A Warwick, R Best, W Herbst, K Treadwell, A O'Connor, I Henderson, C Henry, S Reidy;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, R Ah You, R Diack, C Ross, P Marshall, S McCloskey, C Gilroy.

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Francis Saili, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Duncan Williams; Dave Kiloyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Donnacha Ryan, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony Capt., Tommy O'Donnell, Jack O'Donoghue.
Replacements: Rhys Marshall, James Cronin, Stephen Archer, Dave O'Callaghan, Jean Deysel, Angus Lloyd, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway.

This could be competitive for a while, Munster should take it despite missing their two best players though.

Last edited:
D4 heads.

Its looking like Mike Rosser is for the offski. Would he be any use as a scrum coach?

D4 heads.

Its looking like Mike Rosser is for the offski. Would he be any use as a scrum coach?

Possibly, he's very technical if not a leader, I think he'll attempt to find work involving video games after retiring though, he already has done marketing for EA on their Battlefield series here.

We plan on replacing our lads between 50 and 60. We've had good week but it is going to be tough test. Ulster regardless of strength always go well in Thomond. Jean Deysel going for bench spot and Saili and Rory fighting for a centre spot

D4 heads.

Definitely, he's a well known scrum nerd with massive levels of experience.

I still reckon he could be decent backup for a province, he's slimmed down a lot (though that is possibly because he knows he's retiring) and looks a lot more mobile.

Our forwards should be able to create holes big enough for our centres to slide through like a prop on a waterslide.

Latest posts