• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ERCC hates it, how to have Europe's best league with a tiny budget: Pro12. R20

Not watching this but Ultimate rugby would have me believe that the Nordies could be doing us and them a huge favour! Anyone know what Dunc dropped out for? Maybe they don't think Murray will get back next week and they'd be down to even barer bones!

Not watching this but Ultimate rugby would have me believe that the Nordies could be doing us and them a huge favour! Anyone know what Dunc dropped out for? Maybe they don't think Murray will get back next week and they'd be down to even barer bones!

Dunc has groin strain. Murray 30-70. Lloyd playing well

We've wrapped up home semi. Great win. Rory very doubtful next week though. Earls was superbs and Conway. This was always a tough test. As I said during week Ulster always do come and play. This was good workout though and prepared us beautifully for next week.

We're gash.

The number of crap passes and fumbled catches that kept putting us under more and more pressure.

Unreal.

I see it was a bit blustery - but neither the decisions on what way to throw the pass or the execution of throwing the pass were good. Finishing out of the top four would do us a favour.

We're gash.

The number of crap passes and fumbled catches that kept putting us under more and more pressure.

Unreal.

I see it was a bit blustery - but neither the decisions on what way to throw the pass or the execution of throwing the pass were good. Finishing out of the top four would do us a favour.

Finishing in it would do us a nice favour! I'd like an easy semi the week after matching Toulouse as Europe's best ever!

We're gash.

Unreal.

The thing evident in flesh was ye didn't seem together as a team. Some great play just let down by a final pass. But certainly there is hope there. Ye could and argubally should have won.
Earls got MOTM but being fair Pienaar is a class act. Lloyd did well for us today but Pienaar was amazing. Certainly jas a few good years and should be kepth.

Finishing in it would do us a nice favour! I'd like an easy semi the week after matching Toulouse as Europe's best ever!

That's true.

But I'm not going near the f**king RDS again! <_<

As George Dubya Bush would say... "fool me once, shame on you..."

- - - Updated - - -

The thing evident in flesh was ye didn't seem together as a team.

Wouldn't be surprising. Rumour has it that Doak and Clarke are at each others throats and its poisonous at training.

- - - Updated - - -

Lloyd did well for us today but Pienaar was amazing. Certainly jas a few good years and should be kepth.

Ah... we could do with signing a young promising scrum half like that rather than persisting with Paul Marshall. :rolleyes:

[Yes. I know. Hence the :rolleyes:]

Get in the Blues ... tidy result ... only 7 years in the making!

Ospreys limping into the playoffs after Biggars weak finish last week and their capitulation today. Scarlets better finish in the top four so there is at least the possibility of a competitive semi-final! Probably worth scrapping previews Italian games again Alpha. :(

Connacht vs Leinster is a cracker so far. If Connacht win I'd fancy us to top table. And the season really getting fun now every team looking for form

Great game. Dan Leavy raised his game to another level to push ahead of Josh van der Flier. On recent evidence, van der Flier is responding in the best possible way and upping the ante on Leavy. The red scrum cap was brilliant today.

Tiernan O'Halloran will look great in a Leinster jersey when the opportunity comes.

Great result for Cardiff yesterday! Let's hope that's a monkey off the back as I was getting fed of up losing to the one true region. Thought the Ospreys pack were a massive concern, they didn't get their usual set piece dominate and were blown away at the breakdown. Can't see them competing particularly well in the last 4 if they can't find a turnaround soon. Hoping them and the Scarlets can find bit of form.

On the flip side, it shows again what Cardiff can do when they've got a bit of stability in the set piece. Navidi and Ellis Jenkins were outstanding and it's starting to seem like Halaholo and Lee-Lo are looking a bit more relaxed together.

Still concerned about the lack of depth in the pack for Cardiff, and that's really hurt them in the middle of the season with the 14 injuries. Peikrishvili continues to be poor around the park when he comes on and really Cardiff are relying on a 39 year old Tongan machine at tight head. The pack is lightweight without Earle, Gethin and Tau, and that has been partly the difference in a couple of close games this season. It's not a surprise that GJ and SW get back into the team, with EJ and a few others come back and Cardiff look a little stronger.

Great result for Cardiff yesterday! Let's hope that's a monkey off the back as I was getting fed of up losing to the one true region. Thought the Ospreys pack were a massive concern, they didn't get their usual set piece dominate and were blown away at the breakdown. Can't see them competing particularly well in the last 4 if they can't find a turnaround soon. Hoping them and the Scarlets can find bit of form.

On the flip side, it shows again what Cardiff can do when they've got a bit of stability in the set piece. Navidi and Ellis Jenkins were outstanding and it's starting to seem like Halaholo and Lee-Lo are looking a bit more relaxed together.

Still concerned about the lack of depth in the pack for Cardiff, and that's really hurt them in the middle of the season with the 14 injuries. Peikrishvili continues to be poor around the park when he comes on and really Cardiff are relying on a 39 year old Tongan machine at tight head. The pack is lightweight without Earle, Gethin and Tau, and that has been partly the difference in a couple of close games this season. It's not a surprise that GJ and SW get back into the team, with EJ and a few others come back and Cardiff look a little stronger.

That is the real issue for Cardiff. They have a good 23 when all get few games together but injuries or internationals come along and the momentum takes a hit.

Us vs Ulster this season is the tale of two dropgoals and I love it. We had our traditional wake up call game before a big European match and still got the result which I'm realy happy with. Saili really showed what he can do and had a stormer. So unpredictable with the ball which can be frustrating at teams, but he had Ulster at odds yeaterday. Needs to improve defensively though. Will be very worried if Murray is out and Williams can't train fully this week.
Our back row were brutal for parts of yesterday. O'Donnell in particular looked lazy and anonymous. Did neither the hard carrying or the grunt work. Hate to say it as I'm a huge fan, but I hope Oliver really puts pressure on him for the 7 shirt. O'Donoghue is great, but looked ineffective yesterday. Not one of our players got over the ball yesterday. Really need a bollocking before next week, but I'm not particularly worried by the performance. What does worry me is Sweetnam and Scannell getting injured and Murray still looking dodgy for next week. Must be said I thought Scannell was poor yesterday, but I don't want him gone. Conway is a great man to step in all across the back three. Would probably start him regardless.

That is the real issue for Cardiff. They have a good 23 when all get few games together but injuries or internationals come along and the momentum takes a hit.

Agreed. Depth is a huge issue. Couple of decent enough signings for next season, but they are struggling not being in the Champions Cup to attract the big names. The playoff to get in the CC is a big one for Cardiff this year- not because I think they can compete, but the carrot and funding of being there is important.

Tight head has been an issue for Cardiff for a very long time. I think that's why there are always rumours that Cardiff are looking to sign Tom Francis as they desperately need a decent scrummager in that area. Couple of lads coming through as seen in the Wales u20 - but as we saw with Asserati coming on in a big game in Gloucester, they are struggling a little with the step up this quickly.

Us vs Ulster this season is the tale of two dropgoals and I love it. We had our traditional wake up call game before a big European match and still got the result which I'm realy happy with. Saili really showed what he can do and had a stormer. So unpredictable with the ball which can be frustrating at teams, but he had Ulster at odds yeaterday. Needs to improve defensively though. Will be very worried if Murray is out and Williams can't train fully this week.
Our back row were brutal for parts of yesterday. O'Donnell in particular looked lazy and anonymous. Did neither the hard carrying or the grunt work. Hate to say it as I'm a huge fan, but I hope Oliver really puts pressure on him for the 7 shirt. O'Donoghue is great, but looked ineffective yesterday. Not one of our players got over the ball yesterday. Really need a bollocking before next week, but I'm not particularly worried by the performance. What does worry me is Sweetnam and Scannell getting injured and Murray still looking dodgy for next week. Must be said I thought Scannell was poor yesterday, but I don't want him gone. Conway is a great man to step in all across the back three. Would probably start him regardless.

To be fair our lads had 1 eye on SF. We could afford to loose yesterday. Duncan Williams was fine just not risked. He trained this morning. Sweetnam is looking positive too. Rory is still maybe and Conor trained this morning but again all light weight and conditioning. I'd rate him 30% chance but no stone will be unturned

Agreed. Depth is a huge issue. Couple of decent enough signings for next season, but they are struggling not being in the Champions Cup to attract the big names. The playoff to get in the CC is a big one for Cardiff this year- not because I think they can compete, but the carrot and funding of being there is important.

Tight head has been an issue for Cardiff for a very long time. I think that's why there are always rumours that Cardiff are looking to sign Tom Francis as they desperately need a decent scrummager in that area. Couple of lads coming through as seen in the Wales u20 - but as we saw with Asserati coming on in a big game in Gloucester, they are struggling a little with the step up this quickly.

But you'd think the project and Cardiff itself would be a nice carrot. Look at Connacht for example

Latest posts