• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ERCC hates it, how to have Europe's best league with a tiny budget: Pro12. R20

Agreed. Depth is a huge issue. Couple of decent enough signings for next season, but they are struggling not being in the Champions Cup to attract the big names. The playoff to get in the CC is a big one for Cardiff this year- not because I think they can compete, but the carrot and funding of being there is important.

Tight head has been an issue for Cardiff for a very long time. I think that's why there are always rumours that Cardiff are looking to sign Tom Francis as they desperately need a decent scrummager in that area. Couple of lads coming through as seen in the Wales u20 - but as we saw with Asserati coming on in a big game in Gloucester, they are struggling a little with the step up this quickly.

Asserati is awful ... dunno what is happening with Dillon Lewis and his progression.

The signing of Franco and Welch in the row will add some of the bulk needed but still feel we are short as a club there. Blues have an old front row ... Gethin, Rees and Tau ... can't really rely on them for much longer. Think the front five is where we got to strengthen.

Asserati is awful ... dunno what is happening with Dillon Lewis and his progression.

The signing of Franco and Welch in the row will add some of the bulk needed but still feel we are short as a club there. Blues have an old front row ... Gethin, Rees and Tau ... can't really rely on them for much longer. Think the front five is where we got to strengthen.

Yeah Second Row will look a bit beefier, but again risking age for quality. Rhys Carree and Domachowski look like really good loose heads in the making and Rhys Gill currently does a decent job when Gethin is inured. It's tight head where we are really struggling. Asserati had a nice little period on against Ulster and did alright, considering he came on (for his first cap?) at a crucial time against Glous and really struggled. I'd like to see him get a bit more game time. Dillion has been injured I think?

It's a difficult one because players with potential like the youngsters we are talking about need game time, but they would be thrown straight into first team rugby and likely to result in a weak set piece against your Leinster's and Ospreys. Danny needs to break the bank for a decent tight head.

Hopefully when Dillon's back to fitness, that will give us another option at tight head - much as I love him, I can't see the King of Tonga staying on for another year.

It was a great result and performance from the Blues on Saturday, and personally I think it shows the potential of this team that's fleetingly showed itself at times during the year. Just hope this serves as something to build on, and that we can finish the season strongly. A home game against Zebre and then a trip up to Caerphilly for the Dragons, should be a decent couple of results to close things out.

Latest posts