Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Total voters
I'd much rather have that ginger tosser in the side than the other one. At least Scholes can create goals if he isn't scoring, though I suspect he will score at the Euros.

It would still suprise me to see Cole and Scholes dropped for England in favour of Bridge and Lampard.

Bridge has actually had a better season than Cole, so if Cole isn't on top form Bridgey hopefully will take his place. I can't see Scholes being dropped, don't think it can happen. No reason why he and Lampard can't play together though, with Gerrard just behind.

The big worry for England seems to be Erikson's idea to play Gerrard on the left which would surely reduce his influence significantly.

Gerrard on the left would be a bad move, but what other real options are there?? Also it sounds like Lampard won't start, surely he has to............

Left midfield is a huge deficiency in this team. I presume Beckham will go back to right midfield - but in the world cup was rather shut down and ineffective in this position..........left/right back is pretty dodgy as well.

Surely good teams will exploit the flanks, and with James "flapping" at crosses coming in it will be a goldmine of goals for the opposition......

I'll be supporting the poms but to me there appears to be too many question marks over the team they have chosen, and many weaknesses easily exploited.

I think Dyer or Joe Cole are the best options which doesn't say much, Gerrard needs to be in the centre with Lampard.

Now if Ryan Giggs had only decided to play for england..........
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@May 31 2004, 11:46 AM
Now if Ryan Giggs had only decided to play for england..........
<
I agree, the stupid Welsh pillock...

Originally posted by woodie@May 31 2004, 12:54 AM
I'd much rather have that ginger tosser in the side than the other one. At least Scholes can create goals if he isn't scoring, though I suspect he will score at the Euros.
Lampard for England.

Quite simply.

J Cole ------ Lampard -------- Gerrard -------- Beckham

At the end of the season Joe Cole had a good run of games for Chelsea on the left, and he was very good. Nobody seemed to notice or care though and he isn't going to play there sadly.

Sven will have noticed, but what Sven hasn't noticed is that Scholes HAS TO BE DROPPED.

Cole may be the best England have for the left but he's not going to strike the fear of God into any oposition.

He's a talented lad, he has the skill to bamboozle anyone.

If he had more end product he would be something else.

Well Erikson said he'd play his strongest team tomorow against the mighty Japanese, so we'll see who's there then but it seems all too predictable.

Didn't realise that van Bommell was out for the Dutch, he's certainly a loss. Has been replaced by Paul Bosvelt.

im picking portugal to win.
i just like the look of there team. and at home they could rise to the ocassion.
with players like Figo, Rui Costa, Ronaldo & Pauleta the hosts look like they have enough attacking prowess to cause all the sides problems.
also seeing as they are the hosts they might pull it off, but there is going to be alot of pressure on them considering that football in portugal must be at an all-time high as they host the competition and after Porto's sensational champions league triumpth.
also, ill go with the netherlands too.

The draw is too tough for the Portuguese, if they manage to win it fair play to them, but they're unlikely to top the group ahead of Spain meaning a probable quarter final against the French.

The Portugese are serial bottlers.

I can't see this time being any different, though they're definately getting better.

Latest posts