Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Total voters
Home support is a myth. If you are a decent team there is no reason you can't play well in Stadium A and B, and C... in exactly the same way.

Oh absolutely, but playing at home definately spurs you on.

Italy 90
England 96
France 98
South Korea 2002

Potential problems for England with Scholes being lined up for the left side and John Terry missing the Iceland game with a dodgy hamstring, Henry must be rubbing his hands in glee at that prospect. Looks like Carragher and King will play 45 minutes each against Iceland.

Suffice it to say the Dutch are shite and will be lucky to qualify from their group. Even the Latvians will fancy their chances against the Dutch. Their defence is so poor and they had van Nistelrooy playing on the right. They were just all over the shop and will struggle in Portugal.

Now the Germans are struggling in their buildup to Euro 2004 with a 0-2 defeat to the Hungarians at home this evening. Bet last nights smirk has certainly been wiped off Rudi Voeller's face. Everyone in this group is struggling with Latvia only drawing 2-2 with Azerbaijan. Czechs now have a decent chance to top the group and avoid the Italians in the quarter final.

Things look worrying for Terry, he was supposed to be training by Tuesday, that's what they said after the original scare, but having missed out today things may be more serious.

JT can play on one leg and nobody will ever get past him. He was running around and exercising today, just with the physio, not the rest of the team. He'll be fine. And he'll score a goal.

DON'T PLAY PEOPLE WHO AREN'T 100% FIT!

It's a recipie for disaster!

If all else fails, play Carragher. He won't let us down!

Carragher's a decent player but I wouldn't be overly confident relying on him in an international tournament.

He's nothing special but he will just boot someone early on, and that's what we need - to get amongst people.

Well it's been confirmed that he'll miss the French game and according to the BBC they say that Ledley King will play instead of Carrager, thought he played most of this season in midfield.

Day One:

Portugal 1 - 2 Greece

Spain 1 - 0 Russia

Not everything has gone as planned today - I think we all knew Spain would win, but not many will have had the Greeks down as victors.

Portugal were plain awful - they were lucky to have got one back. Figo has come out and said that they didn't deserve to lose because: "Greece had two chances and took them both."

THAT'S WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT, YOU STUPID OVERRATED PORTUGESE PRICK!

Both games were very entertaining though - a bright start to the tournament.

First game was quite ordinary but there was a much higher quality about the second game. Good start for Spain, they should be through on Thursday.

There have been better games than the first - I just enjoyed it that bit more because I like seeing Figo and Christina Ronaldo suffer.
<

Only saw the second game because the first started at around 4am......

Spain looked solid but maybe a little succeptable to a good counterattack. The Russians had a couple of breaks on the counter, but didn't have the class to finish them....I'm sure teams like France won't have the same problem.......

Vicente had a good game.

Up today we have Switzerland v Croatia and France v England . First match should be interesting, think the Swiss may sneak it, and have a feeling that England may just win tonight, the only reason I can think that Sven would play King instead of Carragher is their pace.

King is quicker than Carragher.

And I think that's why Sven has picked him - a decision I respect, but I still think Carragher should be playing.

I think the Croats will be the Swiss - they're no mugs and I expect them to be there or there abouts for qualification in this group.

Latest posts