• Spain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sweden

• Switzerland

• Total voters
There are very few mugs at Euro 2004.

I even refuse to have a go at the Latvians - they're here and here for a very good reason.

I wouldn't have a go at the Latvians either especially when you consider how dismal the Dutch and Germans are.

French and English will be pleased with the 0-0 draw between the Swiss and the Croats, pretty boring game I thought. First proper game tonight.

Cracking match, fantastic finish, England's goal came against the run of play, France had most of the first half, the English midfield was very dissappointing particularly Scholes, Lampard and Gerrard, they defended quite well but never drove on for the second goal which always kept France in it. Second half with England playing deeper and deeper paid the price. With the angle of the free kick I don't know why there wasn't a defender on the line, penalty was both Gerrard's and James' fault. Calamity James strikes again. Why on earth was Rooney taken off he was fantastic as was King, Owen was also non existent. Tournament has certainly come alive. Typical English c***s booing the French anthem, pathetic. Allez les Bleus!!!

A draw would have been a fairer reflection of the game - but France were playing the more positive footy, and that was the difference in the end............

Great penalty save from the bald headed one - shows he's far from a spent force in the International game. Also a superb header by Lampard, from a difficult position.

Zidane was pretty average just about the whole game, but his world class shone through in the end - something England don't have in any one individual.

I cannot believe we lost that game.

Whilst not being the better team especially, we looked comfortable and I never once was worried that France were going to score.

Until that free kick. Zinedine Zidane is the best player this planet has ever seen, in my opinion, and I knew that free kick would whistle into the net. I quite agree, why not put someone on the line?

The first penalty changed the match. It was a rare England break out, and I was still throwing things at the TV as the penalty as it was being taken. The reason?

WAYNE ROONEY IS A FAT GREEDY *******.

HAD HE PASSED, ENGLAND HAD A 1 ON 1 CHANCE. I'd fancy one on one in open play than from the penalty spot. I knew David Beckham would miss. We don't have the luck to go 2-0 up in a big game, that's not England's style.

It's a travesty that we lost, but I'm very, very proud of my team and my country tonight.

We were a flash of brilliance and a moment of madness away from beating the tournament favourites.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 14 2004, 09:08 AM
Typical English c***s booing the French anthem, pathetic.
Now be consistent and have a go at the people booing our anthem.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 14 2004, 09:08 AM
Allez les Bleus!!!
Wouldn't be the first time you Irish have supported Europeans over England......... the first time was 65 years ago.....

Rooney should have passed, but he did get the next best thing - a penalty............
The big mistake here was having Beckham take the shot at goal - surely someone whose play is less known to the goalie should have come forward....

Apart from set play goals I don't know if England has that much to offer on attack based on this performance. Yes, (I have pre-empted a possible reply) France did score both goals from set pieces, but they also looked more likely to score from general play, whilst England became too set on defending a lead.

The only noise I heard during the English anthem was the English fans who didn't realise it had started. As for that siding with the Europeans comment you obviously know nothing about the situation in Ireland at the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

To think the Poms have the cheek to call All Blacks chokers

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 14 2004, 07:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

To think the Poms have the cheek to call All Blacks chokers
Yes. I am very confused that with a game promoted as "mate against mate" they would put Beckham on the spot against Mr Baldy who looked really good (not ascetically) during France's training sessions. Poor David must have thought they were still at ancient Trafford when the balls used to slide off Smooth Shave and into the net. OOOOOHHHHH what a bad way to find out about somebody's form reversal!!!!!!

Haha hate to be English. Do soccer fans boo eachothers anthems? For f***s sake soccer is pathedic.

Originally posted by Wally@Jun 14 2004, 08:31 PM
Haha hate to be English. Do soccer fans boo eachothers anthems? For f***s sake soccer is pathedic.
Not pathetic enough to give Joe Roff the skills to dribble a ball 50 metres to score a try. Actually when he started to dribble I thought "It's in his blood to footie it all the way to the line" and desperately hoped in vain that his rugby instincts would take over and he would toe it out. But he didn't.....WHY ARE YOU AUSSIES ALWAYS DOING UNBELIEVABLE FLUKES LIKE THIS TO BEAT US!!!! Worse than his ability to dribble it THAT FAR was his ability to outsprint the people chasing him!!! I give up
<

:-( Always felt France were going to score with one of their waves of attack. We withstood so well, King and Campbell were immense. Gutted for it to finish the way it did. Beat Croats and Swiss and play Spain in R2 hopefully.

soccer fans can be pathetic, always bloody going looney! glad rugby fans can concede its just a game!

Latest posts