Euro 2012

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but I couldn't find one.

It's under two weeks away now and there is a lot of excitement in Ireland for it and I thought I'd start a discussion thread.

There were a few friendly Internationals over the weekend.

Russia had a 1-1 draw against Uruguay.
Croatia comfortably beat Estonia 3-1.
Germany lost 5-3 to Switzerland.
Spain beat Serbia 2-0.
Ireland beat Bosnia 1-0 in a typical Rep.Ireland performance.
Portugal had a 0-0 draw with Macedonia.
Poland beat Slovakia 1-0.
England beat Norway 1-0 in a solid performance.
Holland lost 2-1 to Bulgaria.
Greece had a 1-1 draw with Slovenia.
Czech Republic beat Israel 2-1.
Denmark lost 3-1 to Brazil.
And France came back from 2-0 down to beat Iceland 3-2 and Benzema was on great form.

Only two teams lost one of which was against Brazil and I don't know if the Munich were playing or not but they either had a hangover or weren't there so I don't know how much to read into that.

Ireland are going into the tournament having not lost in 13 games. That record will end and I can't see them getting out of the group but if they can get a win against either Italy or Croatia it will be a successful tournament. England are going in with less expectations than usual, I think this could suit them well as they could be more relaxed.

I can't wait for the group of death. Can't see anyone beating Germany but Netherlands vs Portugal will be immense for a group stage game.

Kevin Doyle to score the winner against Croatia. You heard it here first

I've slapped a 5er on ze Germans to vin it. They have always done well at major tournaments and probably have the best midfield there. Ozil, Khedira, Kroos, Schweinstager and their pair of Benders (NB: That isn't slander/libel. They have 2 players whose surname is Bender. I find that funny but it isn't.)

I've slapped a 5er on ze Germans to vin it. They have always done well at major tournaments and probably have the best midfield there. Ozil, Khedira, Kroos, Schweinstager and their pair of Benders (NB: That isn't slander/libel. They have 2 players whose surname is Bender. I find that funny but it isn't.)

I have Sven Bender in FIFA, always gets a chuckle out of me when the commentator says it.

I recently Downloaded the Euro 2012 add-on to Fifa 12 to get me hyped up for this tournament, But I can't decide who will take it. Between Spain, Netherlands, Germany, POrtugal and France I just don't know...

Based on form it would have to be Ze Germans, with Borrusia Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid all having guys who played awesome football.

I expect that Roy Hodgson will get a better performance by not picking the pre-madonna's for his squad.

I recently Downloaded the Euro 2012 add-on to Fifa 12 to get me hyped up for this tournament, But I can't decide who will take it. Between Spain, Netherlands, Germany, POrtugal and France I just don't know...

Based on form it would have to be Ze Germans, with Borrusia Dortmund, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid all having guys who played awesome football.

I expect that Roy Hodgson will get a better performance by not picking the pre-madonna's for his squad.

Nah, he picks racist, glory hunting, cheating little dicks like John Terr.

It's nice to be back in a major tournament, 10 years was certainly a long enough wait. Having 3 of the top 12 teams in the world isn't going to make things easy though. Our chief problem is the fact that our central midfielders aren't up to scratch at the moment. Also, the decision to leave Seamus Coleman at home was a shocker atm. Still, I reckon we can be competitive against every9one, except maybe the Spanish. If it were up to me I'd go 4-4-2 with these lads:

Given

O'Shea
Dunne
St.Ledger
Kelly (Seriously, where the hell is Coleman?)

Duff
Gibson
Whelan
McClean

Keane
Walters

Not awful, but hardly amazing. Our bench would be quite strong too, with the like of McGeady, Long, Doyle and O'Dea all capable of doing a job.

Don't count out Denmark in the group of Death, they might hold someone to a draw or pull out a narrow win throwing the advancemnent into total chaos!!! They did win Euro a few years back they aren't that bad a side.

Don't count out Denmark in the group of Death, they might hold someone to a draw or pull out a narrow win throwing the advancemnent into total chaos!!! They did win Euro a few years back they aren't that bad a side.

They are up against a good Netherlands side, who, despite the loss against Bulgaria, are still amongst the top to win this year.
A setback, certainly, but they'll have a point to prove now.

Anyone catch the Panorama: Stadiums of Hate show on BBC1 earlier?
Pretty disgusting scenes. Saw a Ross Kemp On Gangs on Poland as well, and similar stuff in that as well.

Pretty disgusting scenes. Saw a Ross Kemp On Gangs on Poland as well, and similar stuff in that as well.

Raises a lot of questions on how the police don't get involved and turn a blind eye on the violence. Was amazed how fans were not segregated, its like a Royal Rumble in the stands when it kicks off.

Aye, was amazed when the reporter was in the crowd and then it all erupted around him and people were fly-kicking each other in the chest etc.

In BBC document is a lot of truth, but it shows only small part of Polish reality.This document shows my fatherland in a bad light, it's sad, but I must be fair: it's true, but not whole truth.
Of course, we've got hooligans, i think in every country they exist, but real supporters are friendly and helpful. And, by the way: Poland is beautiful country, yes - maybe its not France, Germany or England, but in fact isn't worse, just different :) Welcome!

In all respect, but I also saw all the episodes of Ross kemp on gangs and I think it's slightly exaggerated.
I went to a Poznan game live, the hardest hooligans of Poland, and to be honest they just make noise and act cool. Not that much difference with Belgian soccer fans.

Defoe is heading home due to the death of his father. RIP Defoe Snr. He will rejoin the squad apparently.

Come on Poland!

Quick question, would people be interested in a TRF pools competition for the tournament? I know it's a bit late, but there wont be any money on the line, so it's just a bit of fun.

Latest posts