• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eurocup poll

Where do you stand concerning the euro-cup?

• Total voters
I don't agree that Internationals were ever that important. Perhaps in other countries, i cant possibly comment, but in England a game Vs Wales, Aus or NZ every so often was very important but Bath Vs Gloucester or similar was always WAR. The International game is and always will be the Pinnacle but day to day for many people there Local club is there main focus.

Its all very simple, We have an International window... During that period no Clubs should be playing in top tier competitions (League / Cup) .. Perfect time for development games. Outside the window NO Internationals should be played. Seems easy to me. I don't want the International game to end up like cricket.. Too many games.

But for many people, there is no local club of significance. The club game will probably never overtake the international game in England simply for that reason.

My rugby club stops when England plays. The Heineken Cup plays on in the background with less interest than Strictly Come Dancing. That's quite common with other rugby clubs near me.

But for many people, there is no local club of significance. The club game will probably never overtake the international game in England simply for that reason.

My rugby club stops when England plays. The Heineken Cup plays on in the background with less interest than Strictly Come Dancing. That's quite common with other rugby clubs near me.

I would disagree with that, most people in England at last who are fans of rugby tend to at some point be involved with a local rugby club whether as a player, parent or simply to watch the odd game and most of these people care more about their clubs than they do about the fortunes of International rugby which is not the be all and end all of our sport.

I would disagree with that, most people in England at last who are fans of rugby tend to at some point be involved with a local rugby club whether as a player, parent or simply to watch the odd game and most of these people care more about their clubs than they do about the fortunes of International rugby which is not the be all and end all of our sport.

"local club of significance"

The grass roots game is not under discussion here.