• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Challenge Cup 20/21

Alby Mathewson has had such a poor game. Has killed all the pace, kicked far too often and the kicks have been poor. His passes are far too high as well

Some speed. The players rate Timoney really highly apparently, they say he's one of the strongest too in the whole squad

Well Ulster buggered up my accumulator for the weekend

Damn that was just poor game mgt the 10 mins after half time. Some shoddy errors, and we just couldn't pull back again. Tigers played clinically and didn't panic, all credit to them. George Ford and Ellis genge were immense. Genge had the nudge on Moore for sure (somehow moore conned the ref with a few) which isn't easy, so gotta say i was very impressed

Tigers certainly stepped up a gear directly after half time which I think took Ulster by surprised. I think Tigers started to gain on top of ulster really 10 minutes before the half, Ulster didn't score any point after 21 minutes till the 67th minute which was crazy
Clooney injury was certainly big but I feel that Tigers had already started to gain ascendancy before that.

Ben Youngs played well off the bench could see him being viewed as a starter in the future.
In fact all the subs made big impact Heyes and Clare held up the set piece just as well but added mobility and Brink did what I hoped he would do and start to slow down the game a bit more.

Genge had his best Tigers game I thought.

also if it makes anyone feel better
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ngland-front-up-and-watch-them-fold-tlb9n3xgm

Made Stuart Barnes look like a fool

Last edited:
Bath: Watson; Cokanasiga, Joseph, Redpath, Muir; Bailey, Spencer; Schoeman, Dunn, Stuart, McNally, Ewels (capt), Faletau, Underhill, Mercer

Replacements: Walker, Bhatti, Thomas, Stooke, Bayliss, Reid, Chudley, Clark

Montpellier: Bouthier; Tisseron, Goosen, Vincent, Rattez; Lozowski, Paillaugue; Forletta, Guirado (capt), Haouas, Verhaeghe, Willemse, Janse van Rensburg, Camara, Becognee

Replacements: Du Plessis, Fichten, Lamositele, Duguid, Ouedraogo, Reinach, Pollard, Martin

Really looking forward to this one,

Lozowski at 10 is...interesting
I know he's covered there in the past, but starting a Euro semi there is a big call - guessing injuries in the Montpellier ranks?

Latest posts