H

harrison2468

European Challenge Cup 2005 / 2006 Pools

Pool 1: Viadana, Narbonne, Northampton Saints, Bristol

Pool 2: Agen, London Irish, Rugby Parma, Pau

Pool 3: Gloucester, Bayonne, Toulon, Bucuresti

Pool 4: The Borders, Brive, Newcastle Falcons, L’Aquila

Pool 5: Connacht, Montpellier, Worcester, Amatori Catania

Set up 4 the fans whose teams dont have the HEC luxury this season.
<

I personally like Pool 1. Guess why?!
<
Probably the "group of death" pool in the competition. Definitelty full of quality.

How many go through from each group? Is it the top team from each group plus 3 best placed runners up?

No offense Bristol fans, but I would expect Saints to take Group 1 comfortably.

My expected group winners:

Group 1 - Northampton Saints
Group 2 - Agen
Group 3 - Gloucester
Group 4 - Newcastle Falcons
Group 5 - Worcester

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 24 2005, 07:05 AM
Im not going to disagree, damn there r 2 many Saints fans on this forum!
<

Bristol's main aim is survival this season, which is very achievable. Anything else is an added bonus. I wouldn't count us out, and the 2 teams shall known each other reasonably well, but u r favorites. Just don't do a Los before/after any of the matches and I will be content.
<

Originally posted by harrison2468+Jun 24 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Jun 24 2005, 06:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Jun 24 2005, 07:05 AM
Im not going to disagree, damn there r 2 many Saints fans on this forum!
<

Bristol's main aim is survival this season, which is very achievable. Anything else is an added bonus. I wouldn't count us out, and the 2 teams shall known each other reasonably well, but u r favorites. Just don't do a Los before/after any of the matches and I will be content.
<
[/b]
I couldn't be that bad if I tried. I honestly expected Bristol to be our main contender, as the other teams in the group don't look that strong.

For the total competition, it probably is the strongest (group 1) as it has Italy's top seeds and a decent French side in aswell. Pool 2 is quite strong but the rest are quite weak overall.

Is it a different format from last year?

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 24 2005, 07:05 AM
How many go through from each group? Is it the top team from each group plus 3 best placed runners up?

Group 2 - Agen
Group 3 - Gloucester
Group 5 - Worcester
Well I agree with you for all the pools but Pool 5, if Montpellier take this competition seriously in consideration they will top their pool. From what I've seen of the ZP and Top16 I think Montpellier is better than Worcester.

Originally posted by DonBilly+Jun 27 2005, 07:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Jun 27 2005, 07:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Jun 24 2005, 07:05 AM

Group 2 - Agen
Group 3 - Gloucester
Group 5 - Worcester
Well I agree with you for all the pools but Pool 5, if Montpellier take this competition seriously in consideration they will top their pool. From what I've seen of the ZP and Top16 I think Montpellier is better than Worcester. [/b]
They could well do, I don't know much about Montpellier, but Worcester have strengthened their squad considerably for this season, so could prove to be quite a challenge.

Latest posts