• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 20-21 - Rd 1

Don't forget Hanrahan!

If they don't come away with a TBP Munster should be disappointed.
Don't think that's been on the cards given the first half we had. Condition poor but we didn't handle them well too. Completely botched our territory game.

Pack are well on top today though.

Final card was one too many for Quins - they were second best but still in with a chance of a LBP until then.
You can't go to Munster and play half an hour with 14men and expect to get something

It's a shame that it's a crap format this year and that one loss basically means you're out - the return fixture would've been interesting, but I doubt Quins will care/try now

Was bever going to be a TBP in that.
Younger lads though have seriously raised questions now. Healy looked more confident at 10. Murray wasn't poor but Craig is just special. Josh Wycherley really making strides too

Don't think that's been on the cards given the first half we had. Condition poor but we didn't handle them well too. Completely botched our territory game.

Pack are well on top today though.
T
Final card was one too many for Quins - they were second best but still in with a chance of a LBP until then.
You can't go to Munster and play half an hour with 14men and expect to get something

It's a shame that it's a crap format this year and that one loss basically means you're out - the return fixture would've been interesting, but I doubt Quins will care/try now
That is just it. Like for us to have Clermont x2 it more possible to have caveat of crack at Challenge Cup to build.
But format is best they'll say but not a level playing field. Like Northampton sending a school team next week to Dublin is word. And come Rd 4 god knows what teams are put out

Slightly disappointed in the result we got to be honest because I think we spent too long putting the game away to even sniff a BP. We have two tough games against a contender to come up and a loss is unforgiving in this format.
Obviously delighted with the young lads as I have been all season. I expect Healy to start unless he has a rib injury. Casey is the definition of impact, but Murray didn't get much going today. Not awful but just way too pedestrian. Don't care about slowing it down for box kicks but whenever we got fast ball our pack went up the field easily enough.
Coombes class again. Cronin and Britney were our best players though. Beirne undoubtedly MOTM

Thing is any kind of legal battle will revolve around negligence. If the chiefs stuff is true, they definitely have a case to answer. As far as I can tell Scarlets haven't been negligent. Toulon's case would have to be based more on the EPCR guidelines and if they are being responsible.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Toulon have much of a case -it's understandable that they wouldn't want to take the risk, but the team Scarlets named were all negative tests and were signed off by EPCR etc.
As far as I'm aware Scarlets have no more positives in camp?

Glasgow, at the very least, should have their 28-0 turned into a 14-14, if this is true.
Exeter could be in very hot water, if it is true, as all teams have to agree to follow all the protocols for the tournament to take place - if they've been found to breach them (and then players go onto social media being all anti-lockdown etc.) they could find themselves DQd

I do find it odd that Glasgow have only brought this up a week after the match.
If they were concerned why did they not bring it up at the time it was happening. Surely all it needed was an official from Glasgow to have a word with someone from Exeter and it could have been sorted out there and then. If they didn't bring it up at the time then they are partly culpable themselves. Does seem to be a bit of an afterthought by them for some reason, and does feel slightly odd.
I'm not defending any Chiefs lax protocol actions ,obviously they should have been more aware.

Olyy- Not sure their idiotic posts on Twitter is of any relevance.

Olyy- Not sure their idiotic posts on Twitter is of any relevance.
I imagine it'd be brought up in any sort of complaint - it'd be harder to argue protocol breaches are accidental if players are being loudly/publicly anti-protocol

No they do not. EPCR specifically stated it was safe for the match to go ahead, and it was their own rash choice to pull out with less than two hours to go.
Well more so how could 12 Bath players have to isolate due to game but not Scarlets. Bath had better science in pkace and identified guys easier that is case. EPCR I think may have issue on although can see this competition being binned

With Leinster Munster this weekend postponed this club season is turning into a disaster. We should have had shortened competitions to leave space for postponments but instead they're trying to run everything more or less as normal in a year they to start late and they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Latest posts