• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 20-21 - Rd 3 (? Maybe?)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
1610366695985.png

Any French sides not playing should be given 28-0 defeat. If English, Scots, Welsh and Irish are willing then so should the french.

Hopefully no one is willing, tbh - global pandemic n that. First two rounds showed how dumb it is to mingle teams from different countries, and the COVID cases in the leagues (or at least: in the premiership) have skyrocketed since then.

When they came up with the ridiculous format for this season is when they should've realised they should knocked the whole thing on the head for a year.

Has Covid been bad in the Premiership? I think its been ok in the Pro 14, a few fixtures affected alright. Who knows, could de-escalate for the provinces with the way things are headed here.

Yeah, bin the comp. Play all postponed domestic games next weekend and enjoy watching Man U win in Anfield this weekend.

Not a perfect weekend by any means, three months ago I'd have told you I'd rather have no eyes than watch the EPL, but if the French want out I'm fairly sure it's best for the rest of the unions to wait for lockdown measures to take effect and hopefully see the 6n run on schedule or as close to that as possible.

For the record Toulouse and Lyon have said they want to play. Toulouse have distanced themselves from the government. Our president is asking (and rightly so) for financial compensation if the State calls for the end of European games.

The club has followed health protocols to the letter and there's been no cases for months. But try and explain that to the EU-brainwashed halfwits who claim to run this country...

Incredibly, our borders and airports are still open and staying so when officially the country is back again in full lockdown.

Suspended

And so the log jam begins ,especially as the games previously cancelled and awarded as 28-0 results will surely now have to be played.
Somethings got to give way now- hopefully the Lions tour- to allow plenty of time to complete everything else.
Thats assuming the covid situation improves of course.

They'll bin the whole thing in a few weeks, it's just not viable to shoehorn the postponed games in at a later date in an already condensed/crammed season.

They'll bin the whole thing in a few weeks, it's just not viable to shoehorn the postponed games in at a later date in an already condensed/crammed season.
Yep was a crock of crap with reworking for this season, cant see anyway anyone wants it on.

Irish times suggesting they'll go ahead with a last 16 from the groups as they currently stand. Also mentions the possibility of finishing the groups and then playing semi finals.

I can understand why they're desperate to finish it and those two options aren't the worst ways to do it given they only have 4 weeks, but really it should absolutely be cancelled.

If they continue at least rename it and don't count it as an actual win. Hadit gone to plan initially it would have just about been ok but now it's so compromised it shouldn't be regarded as a European Cup.

Bants if that happens,
We're in 8th with 1 losing bonus point and would make the HEC knockouts

drake lets go GIF
.....and Ulster not making it despite having 3 BP. Thus showing what a joke unnccessarily having 2 leagues instead of just 1 was.
You might need to be quick Olyy but SAle are currently 5/1 on betfair to lift the cup.

.....and Ulster not making it despite having 3 BP. Thus showing what a joke unnccessarily having 2 leagues instead of just 1 was.
You might need to be quick Olyy but SAle are currently 5/1 on betfair to lift the cup.
If it is to be a final 16, it should be based on the qualifying list from last year.
Top 5 from Prem & T14 and top 3 from each group of P15.

Rounds 3 and 4 cancelled will be straight to knockout apparently.

Scarlets at home I would definitely take that fixture!

Ulster? Can't drop games and expect to go through regardless of the format.

Edit: sorry my bad, I see your point now. Sale are going through in a solitary ******* point!!! Christ above.

Latest posts