• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 1

A game between two sides who'll do nothing of note in this competition. Ulster have no pack. Wasps have no fit players.

Jacob Stockdale put himself at the top of the list for Ireland selection.

Haven't seen it but if you're not replacing the first letter of the refs surname with S I give you permission to do anything you want with me. I consent.

Lads wasps are awful. Like if they're 1 of best in England then I'd be happy. For all money and individual names they're poor

Congratulations Muffin. We're 10th in the table by the way, not 1st.
But for all the money like come on

Jeez how do you think I feel. Willie Le roux alone has been the biggest waste of money by any top flight team ever. So so bad.

Well that was forgettable. Even with the injuries the remaining Wasps players looked like they couldn't be bothered.

Congratulations Muffin. We're 10th in the table by the way, not 1st.

Jeez how do you think I feel. Willie Le roux alone has been the biggest waste of money by any top flight team ever. So so bad.
Don't get me wrong. I like Wasps as a team. Firmly believe the 04 team were the best team to ever beat us. But just now yeah as you'd agree a lot of cash spent on guys who have big names but bring 0 to the table

Don't get me wrong. I like Wasps as a team. Firmly believe the 04 team were the best team to ever beat us. But just now yeah as you'd agree a lot of cash spent on guys who have big names but bring 0 to the table

Yep, but it's a coaching failure in large part. We have not adapted to the breakdown law changes at all, we're still playing as if it's last season, still passing the ball from right to left hoping to find space - but with the changes there is just less of it. Plus, other teams have finally worked out that kicking loosely to us isn't wise, and when they do it doesn't matter because Willie Le Roux drops it anyway. Overall, the big money moves have to been good - Piatau and Beale both excellent for us. Too early to say for JdJ.

But that said there are established names who need to take a long hard at themselves. One of our many problems is we are physically meek up front at a time when this is more important than ever, and you have to look at guys like James Haskell who are contributing nothing despite on paper this being what they are all you about. Until further notice and injured players return, we should be giving opportunity to the likes of Willis who actually looks like he wants to prove himself. No idea what's wrong with Gopperth, the best there was 18 months ago and now he's a mess. But Dai should have signed a third ten, having Miller there is ridiculous and the youngsters aren't ready.

Last edited:

Latest posts