• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 2

Only one winner in this group. Clermont's form this season has dipped considerably and are there for the taking, and I don't believe that Ospreys or Northampton have got what it takes to qualify as one of the best teams coming second in the group.

Dylan Hartley is allowing me to happily support Sarries today as part of my bet. Clermont to take Ospreys to the cleaners by 7 or more too for a nice 20 quid profit off a fiver!

"I was trying to get him off me, sir".........yea, with my elbow.

Priceless.

A proper murdering and no mistake. Questions to answer for the Saints. It's no good talking about fronting up and then getting pummeled for the full 80. Saracens are a different class at the moment.

If Ospreys were playing at all well atm, they should have won that match at a canter. They had so much possession, so much territory, but their set-piece was a mess and far too often they still look bereft of ideas going forwards, with very little clean ball reaching the wings in space. Despite this, they could, and possibly should have won that match, so much better than I expected beforehand!

A loss at home in this group probably spells curtains on any hope they may have had to get out of the group (not that anyone with sense thought they had any given their form). Hopefully it at least acts as a small step in the right direction as far as their season is confirmed.

Isiekwe looks a hell of a talent IMO.

Making yards with every carry.

Looks outstanding.

They look like they're out in front IMO, so well balanced and ruthless. Obviously they're filling in the 7 shirt at the minute but all of their forwards can carry, run and use the ball as well. They've got Farrell out the back and speed on the flanks as well, Wigglesworth complements their wingers really well also.

Northampton weren't physical enough but the start to both halves killed them. The game was won by half time really but the try just after half time killed them off. Can't play against teams like Saracens in big games and let them run at soft shoulders all night.

Sarries really are a hugely impressive outfit. Great balance of international stars, the not quite good enoughs for England, the geriatrics and the kids. Having gone through their Galacticos phase a few years ago they now recruit much more judiciously. They're very skillful, but play with a totally suffocating intensity and won't be far off come Bilbao.

Latest posts