Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Saturday, 21/10/17

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby - 13.00, Sky Sports, BeIN Sport

Sunday, 22/10/17

Montpellier v Exeter Chiefs - 14.00 (Local Time), BeIN Sport, Sky Sports

This pool is too good, another week with two great games to watch again. Exeter and Leinster have great opportunities to put a foot in the quarter finals with Leinster, you would imagine, having the slightly more winnable challenge.

To be honest if I was offered an lbp as a Chiefs fan right now I'd take it having looked at Montpellier's results in the Altrad so far this season and for much of last season, especially considering Montpellier are bouncing back from a game that I'm sure they'll have felt they threw away against Jack McGrath, Tadhg Furlong, Robbie Henshaw and the Leinster babies. Exeter played some fantastic rugby in Sandy Park and have all the required tools to grind out a win but if I could afford to bet this week I'd be backing Montpellier and I think they'll do it by more than 7 too.

This game is much more in the balance, when Russell was contained last week Glasgow looked a whole lot less impressive, Leinster certainly have a backrow and one centre who can do that but I think result of this fixture lies in the hands of Johnny Sexton. Girvan Dempsey revealed in today's injury report that Sexton, O'Brien and O'Loughlan would all be available for selection while Isa is being monitored so as a brave neutral I'm backing the Dublin outfit to do the business and continue their road to a date with Saracens in Bilbao... ;)

Leinster:

15. Joey Carbery
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Robbie Henshaw
12. Noel Reid
11. Barry Daly
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Luke McGrath

1. Cian Healy
2. Seán Cronin
3. Tadhg Furlong
4. Devin Toner
5. Scott Fardy
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

Replacements:

16. James Tracy
17. Jack McGrath
18. Michael Bent
19. James Ryan
20. Dan Leavy
21. Jamison Gibson-Park
22. Ross Byrne
23. Dave Kearney

Glasgow:
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Sam Johnson
12. Peter Horne
11. Leonardo Sarto
10. Finn Russell
9. Ali Price

1. Jamie Bhatti
2. George Turner
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Tim Swinson
5. Jonny Gray
6. Ryan Wilson (captain)
7. Callum Gibbins
8. Adam Ashe

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Alex Allan
18. D'Arcy Rae
19. Scott Cummings
20. Rob Harley
21. Henry Pyrgos
22. Nick Grigg
23. Lee Jones

Smart moves from Leinster. Shore up defensive side with McFadden and 3 fresh guys in front 5 will be very beneficial here. Think Leinster by 5-10 points.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE MONTPELLIER

15 Phil Dollman
14 Lachie Turner
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Tomas Francis
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Elvis Taione
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Harry Williams
19 Ollie Atkins
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Will Chudley
22 Tom Hendrickson
23 James Short

Good to see Hepburn and Atkins back. If we could just get Ewers and LCD as well the bulldozer could really get rolling...

McGrath, Ryan and Leavy to be the difference if the game stays tight till the 60th, really excited by Leavy's potential.

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE MONTPELLIER

15 Phil Dollman
14 Lachie Turner
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Tomas Francis
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Elvis Taione
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Harry Williams
19 Ollie Atkins
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Will Chudley
22 Tom Hendrickson
23 James Short

Good to see Hepburn and Atkins back. If we could just get Ewers and LCD as well the bulldozer could really get rolling...
What's a bulldozer to a Tank Engine?
thomas-waldrom.jpg

Glasgow are a good team but there is a reason they will never be a top team in Europe. They've no steel in that core group.

Of not the wind the bench should do the job. Looks like we know who gets the award for worst jersey in Europe.

I know this is heresy but I think Henshaw is having a poor game defensively, his positioning just seems to be slightly off all the time and it's a bi factor in these breaks

Stats like this and argubally all Scottish and Welsh interests are now over in this competition

Latest posts