• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 3

Great result for us. Wasps and Racing wins would be perfect for us now looking forward to a chance of a home semi and not meeting Exe again who I reckon are one of the top 4 sides in this competition. Of course I want those two games to go the other way, up Irish rugby and all that.
A home semi only applies if no away qf. Win

No but Leinster won' be 3 or 4. They'll be 1 which is the most vulnerable spot of loosing a home venue SF

Sorry I'm a Leinster fan which isn't clear from that post. I reckon Exe will get through as one of the runners up because Glasgow are weak right now but hope you don't because I don't want to meet you again!

No i got your a Leinster fan but i was just saying Chiefs arnt guarenteed. And yeh i dont really want us to face lienster again either haha. If your in the final or win it i wouldn't be surprised tbh

Going in to today Munster and Leinster are the competition's only unbeaten sides. Unlikely to change for Leinster, very possibly gonna change for us.

Going in to today Munster and Leinster are the competition's only unbeaten sides. Unlikely to change for Leinster, very possibly gonna change for us.
It was the last away game that ****** Leinster last year drawing to Castres. A win and they're second in the log and can get a home semi, if they lose Sarries are lless likely to go through. So win win.

Clearly been another order from World Rugby on the crooked feed. Was a waste of time last time is a waste of time this time.

Clearly been another order from World Rugby on the crooked feed. Was a waste of time last time is a waste of time this time.
Mitrea has been very strict so might just have decided this on his own accord, thought Murphy was unlucky to concede a penalty let alone a card. Ali Price and Matawalu keeping Glasgow in it.

Isa is Jesus.

Was called r two or three times yesterday too. Specifically no hook seems to be under the magnifying of glass.

I don't see why WR struggle to comprehend the basic scrum situation... We already have a law and there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with it, it's the fact it is never enforced. Someone has to make it perfectly black and white, either strictly enforce it at all times and start punishing refs who ignore it or don't enforce it at all. We are getting refs who will randomly ping 1 scrum feed and then ignore even worse ones. Maybe give them TMO an extra job if the ref is too busy of checking the feed and telling the ref if it is wonky.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (192)
14. Jordan Larmour (13)
13. Robbie Henshaw (21)
12. Isa Nacewa (178) CAPTAIN
11. James Lowe (4)
10. Ross Byrne (40)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (42)
1. Cian Healy (183)
2. Seán Cronin (144)
3. Tadhg Furlong (77)
4. Devin Toner (210)
5. James Ryan (9)
6. Dan Leavy (48)
7. Josh van der Flier (59)
8. Jack Conan (66)

16. Bryan Byrne (21)
17. Jack McGrath (124)
18. Andrew Porter (21)
19. Ross Molony (54)
20. Jordi Murphy (98)
21. Luke McGrath (87)
22. Joey Carbery (29)
23. Fergus McFadden (163)

Montpellier have a strong side and Leinster resting some key players, expect a French win. Larmour v Nadolo will be interesting!

No Fardy after his double last week?
Probably at the request of the IRFU. There's next to no chance of us losing a top two seeding and Ryan needs rugby, it also allows us to play both Lowe and Gibson-Park. Fardy is probably one of our three most important players so if it was a match that mattered he'd be in.

No Fardy after his double last week?
Squad rotation. With Leinster looking about 90% sure of a top 2 seeding and already having secured a home quarter final, it affords the coaching team a chance to give young players a shot away to a very good team. Should there be an injury crisis later in the season, it'll stand to Ross Byrne, Jordan Larmour and James Ryan to start in this game against Montpellier.

Leinster don't play again until February 9th. Perhaps Scott Fardy is getting a few weeks off to go home and recharge his batteries for the run in to the end of the season. He's been a brilliant signing thus far for Leinster.

Latest posts