• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 3

Well I found this:
15.5 The tackled player
(b) A tackled player must immediately pass the ball or release it. That player must also get up or move away from it at once.
So that depends on the definition of immediately. How many seconds have to pass before it is no longer immediately?

As for the ruck:
16.4 Other ruck offences
(b)Players must not handle the ball in a ruck except after a tackle if they are on their feet and have their hands on the ball before the ruck is formed.

So my question is when a player is held and no ruck has been formed, how long are they allowed to pass the ball off the floor before it's illegal, if it says immediately.

What happened stream broke at a terrible time?
Question was yes or no after Toner went down over the line with no one underneath him. Any reason would have made more sense. TMO said he was happy with try but Poite said of grounding wasn't there he wasn't giving it.
Did think he got the McGarth non try right though.

Leinster scored a try but it was disallowed because of a daft technicality.

Problem is how many times do we not see the ball grounded and go, well it's probably down. They can't all be right. Essentially you can't give a try based on what you think happened, but what you saw. In some circumstances it is annoying and the try was almost probably scored, in other circumstances it would just be a guess. You need to have a law that is not open to too much interpretation and that would be.

I'm gonna get an Exeter jersey for Christmas. Love Exeter and public displays of metrosexuality. If Tigers wanted to keep this will they won't they flirty thing with Munster going they should have dressed to impress

Don't think Poite really cares about his TMO's decision.

You would say that after last nights turnovers....:p
If the ref doesn't see it, it's legal baby. Refs are fun sucking chodes. The other night I knocked a ball on and threw it at the ground in frustration and got pinged because the ref said someone did that before and the ball hit him.

That was an excellent first half from Leinster. Really should be more than 5 points clear and hope they don't regret leaving so many points on the field.

Latest posts