• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 3

Counter attacking against 14 men. Don't get me wrong, they counter attack well but Glasgow have got away with a lot today and on another day they would have 6 losses to their name.

Also, Exeter have been butchering.

Did you watch Waikato whilst he was coaching them?

At the beginning of the season, I favoured Munster over Leinster.
I've...
Changed my mind.

I'll also say that I won't be surprised if the champions cup final is an all pro-14 affair

At the beginning of the season, I favoured Munster over Leinster.
I've...
Changed my mind.

I'll also say that I won't be surprised if the champions cup final is an all pro-14 affair

Munster V Leinster then... as I can't see it being any other.

Although I think Clermont could be there. Just a bit too many injuries

Munster V Leinster then... as I can't see it being any other.
Munster?
I'd be surprised at that tbh,
They showed enough flakiness and ******** themselves under pressure to suggest they won't make it through knockouts

If they go through, then I think Scarlets will be serious contenders as the weather warms up.

I'll be rooting for Clermont though (my mrs' local)

Munster?
They showed enough flakiness and ******** themselves under pressure to suggest they won't make it through knockouts
I'd agree we are outsiders but don't think we have bottled anything or well at least there no evidence. Just been beaten by teams better e.g. Scarlets and Saracens last year. This year we lost to Racing last week but they are in great form and well wouldn't call it bottling.

Munster?

Can't see any other Pro 14 team making the final. Ulster have to beat Wasps tomorrow at the Ricoh. Scarlets are the only other option for a pro 14 final

Clermont are not ***le contenders until their get their 1st choice backline back.

Their backline has been decimated Lopez Raka Penaud Fofana Rougerie etc. Lopez and Raka are out for season.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it will be Leinster v Saracens just after 6 Nations. Might be tasty

Ulster and Racing better both win or lose, don't want Sarries.
I think it will be Sarries can see Ulster loose with a BP and Racing loose.
Very interesting too that the Leinster home semi final is nowhere near certain as the 4th and 5th teams will be tight so could easily be an away SF.
To be fair it a flawed system in 1 way as doesn't fully reward top seed but equally it exciting way

Should Leinster win their quarter final and if Munster or Ulster finish as 5th seeds, Leinster will have a home semi final due to the fact that it'll be played in Lansdowne Road.

I'd like Sarries in the quarter final. It'd be a great challenge to go head to head with the defending champs. Next get revenge on Scarlets for the Pro12 semi final defeat.

Latest posts