Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Saturday, 21/10/17

Leisester Tigers v Castres Olympique - 17.30, Sky Sports, BeIN Sport

Munster Rugby v Racing 92 - 17.30, Sky Sports, BeIN Sport

Big games for the home teams.
Both will be disappointed with their performances on the weekend, and will be hoping to bounce back to a big home win.

Bonus points will be massive in this pool.

Big games for the home teams.
Both will be disappointed with their performances on the weekend, and will be hoping to bounce back to a big home win.

Bonus points will be massive in this pool.
Think he got a good result being fair last week Tigs. Agreed Bonus points will be key. Home wins will be very key as well as the BPs

I mean lets put it into perspective here. Munster have every right to be dissapointed with last week, but I'm not sure about Leicester. We're a proud organisation steeped in pride and community. Leicester rugby was, I assume established to help the more aggressive and less intellectually gifted children in a town in middle England, now known for sacking beloved and iconic sporting coaches, learn the alphabet through the only means they could understand. Violence.

On a more serious note, if we can't handle Racing at home call the season, for real. They're really quite beatable at home, and while I'm not calling full points, I'm expecting a decent win. Similarly I know Leicester are a bit of a mess at the moment, but they should have enough to crack a French team that targets their home games, in Welford Road. Losses at home would be a disaster. I think Munster and Leicester will win at home against each other this year, as we've been weak in Dublin, Glasgow and Castres this year and Leicester have generally been poor. So yeah bonus points will be very big. They've usually been our friends in the past the old BPs.

Yeh you got a good result but the performance was poor IMO.
Us. We were brutal. Didn't deserve draw but not too great as I expect Tigers and Racing to get 4 if not 5 points there. We need a 5 pointer Saturday I feel to have a chance

Us. We were brutal. Didn't deserve draw but not too great as I expect Tigers and Racing to get 4 if not 5 points there. We need a 5 pointer Saturday I feel to have a chance
You're underestimating Castres, went unbeaten at home in a group with Leinster's, Montpellier and Saints last year, it's a very tough place to go. They'll win at least one more game in this pool.

You're underestimating Castres, went unbeaten at home in a group with Leinster's, Montpellier and Saints last year, it's a very tough place to go. They'll win at least one more game in this pool.
But we were brutal and drew. They've been poor this season and I think won't be same force

I mean lets put it into perspective here. Munster have every right to be dissapointed with last week, but I'm not sure about Leicester. We're a proud organisation steeped in pride and community. Leicester rugby was, I assume established to help the more aggressive and less intellectually gifted children in a town in middle England, now known for sacking beloved and iconic sporting coaches, learn the alphabet through the only means they could understand. Violence.

On a more serious note, if we can't handle Racing at home call the season, for real. They're really quite beatable at home, and while I'm not calling full points, I'm expecting a decent win. Similarly I know Leicester are a bit of a mess at the moment, but they should have enough to crack a French team that targets their home games, in Welford Road. Losses at home would be a disaster. I think Munster and Leicester will win at home against each other this year, as we've been weak in Dublin, Glasgow and Castres this year and Leicester have generally been poor. So yeah bonus points will be very big. They've usually been our friends in the past the old BPs.

Firstly that shade ouch.

I mean Tigers have been mixed this season but we have won 4 games on the trot (Including the champs Exeter) losing against racing in a game we should've won IMO just been stuggling to put in 80 mins not be able to stop the fijian Lebron James was our biggest failing last weekend.

That draw against Castres could be huge in the grand schemes of things as alpha says Castres are no Slackers at home, if Munster factor in at least 2 LBP in their other away games that gives them basically another win in terms of points which is a big advantage when looking at things currently.

Tigers to think about getting into the next round need to either get a TBP somewhere or stop you from getting any points at Welford. The French teams will be hard to judge by the end of the group stages as alot will prob depend on their Top 14 and pool placing.

Firstly that shade ouch.

I mean Tigers have been mixed this season but we have won 4 games on the trot (Including the champs Exeter) losing against racing in a game we should've won IMO just been stuggling to put in 80 mins not be able to stop the fijian Lebron James was our biggest failing last weekend.

That draw against Castres could be huge in the grand schemes of things as alpha says Castres are no Slackers at home, if Munster factor in at least 2 LBP in their other away games that gives them basically another win in terms of points which is a big advantage when looking at things currently.

Tigers to think about getting into the next round need to either get a TBP somewhere or stop you from getting any points at Welford. The French teams will be hard to judge by the end of the group stages as alot will prob depend on their Top 14 and pool placing.
Exeter? Exter are champions of an Empire of Dirt! We will also probably really struggle with Fijian Lebron, based on the trouble he gave us with Glasgow and the fact we're slow as anything to shut down an offloading game. Devote one man to him, because he'll probably get his hands free anyway and shut down the offload. This pool is gonna be a struggle though for sure. Every team is pretty reliable at home.

Huge game for Leicester at home. Suppose the draw between Castres and Munster wasn't a bad result for them. Fancy Leicester to win though if I'm honest at home.

Munster v Racing should be a decent game, think Munster need to be more efficient and tidy around the breakdown, too many soft penalties and errors in their game at the minute for me. Haven't really seen enough of Racing to judge really.

Tyler the Uncreator picked up an injury last week. Imagine we would have persisted with him if not. He wouldn't have fully dropped from the 23 in any case

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland, Peter O'Mahony (Capt), Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Mark Flanagan, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Andrew Conway

Main point is Kleyn's return. Thank god, he'll add a lot to our aggression and set piece. Conway is still on the bench which surprises me, and we've stuck with Farrell, which is fair I suppose, but he needs to make a bit of a statement here.
EDIT:
15. Pat Lambie; 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Henry Chavancy, 12. Anthony Tuitavke, 11. Louis Dupichot; 10. Dan Carter, 9. Maxime Machenaud;
1. Eddy Ben Arous, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Ben Tameifuna, 4. Bernard Le Roux, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Yannick Nyanga, 8. Antonie Claassen

16. Dimitri Szarzewski, 17. Viliamu Afatia, 18. Census Johnston, 19. Baptiste Chouzenoux, 20. Edwin Maka, 21. Teddy Iribaren, 22. Remi Tales, 23. Albert Vulivuli
No idea about form, but that's a serious bloody team on paper. Hope we give Carter a Thomond Park welcome and knock him off his game, because they have some nice backs and serious forwards.

Last edited:
Tyler the Uncreator picked up an injury last week. Imagine we would have persisted with him if not. He wouldn't have fully dropped from the 23 in any case

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland, Peter O'Mahony (Capt), Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Mark Flanagan, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Andrew Conway

Main point is Kleyn's return. Thank god, he'll add a lot to our aggression and set piece. Conway is still on the bench which surprises me, and we've stuck with Farrell, which is fair I suppose, but he needs to make a bit of a statement here.
EDIT:
15. Pat Lambie; 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Henry Chavancy, 12. Anthony Tuitavke, 11. Louis Dupichot; 10. Dan Carter, 9. Maxime Machenaud;
1. Eddy Ben Arous, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Ben Tameifuna, 4. Bernard Le Roux, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Yannick Nyanga, 8. Antonie Claassen

16. Dimitri Szarzewski, 17. Viliamu Afatia, 18. Census Johnston, 19. Baptiste Chouzenoux, 20. Edwin Maka, 21. Teddy Iribaren, 22. Remi Tales, 23. Albert Vulivuli
No idea about form, but that's a serious bloody team on paper. Hope we give Carter a Thomond Park welcome and knock him off his game, because they have some nice backs and serious forwards.

Racing really going for this one, thats their strongest fit XV IMO.

Tigers having a stormer, Genge in particular is having a very good game.

Lovely vision to see the gap open as he received the ball and cut back inside.

Latest posts