• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 4

Honestly you kept yourselves out of that game with some terrible discipline. You could have come back into it in the second half without that. However angry you might be with the Sir, you should be more angry with your own 23.

Give me at least 36 hours.

That was a very good result! Not many teams win in welford rd.

Munster dominated up front with Leicester's pack being a shadow of what they were. That was the winning of the game, with the lineout being the biggest difference, not the ref. Murphy doing his best to deflect from the coaching.

Maybe without the "to", with your soy boys diving all over the place

Apparently "Cloete" is an ancient Afrikaans term that means "Man who was born with gaping fanny"
As I said. English giving out. Irish teams winning. Reminds me of a few years ago. As I said and back it up now English big up their league. And I still say it no better to Pro14.

Great respect for Leicester though they accepted result and played the ref too. Were cynical too but played the ref too.

Also on Cloete again. Fact ye don't like him show he's good

As they say in Munster. You play to the ref.
Guess it the simple message is most effective.
We did it in 02 and suffered but we learnt

nothing happened in 02 about the ref though it was perfectly legal....

Munster dominated up front with Leicester's pack being a shadow of what they were. That was the winning of the game, with the lineout being the biggest difference, not the ref. Murphy doing his best to deflect from the coaching.

the munster pack didn't dominate that game up front IMHO we lost that one ourselves, but yeh Tigers need to invest in the pack now.

As I said and back it up now English big up their league.
I've seen so many people say this, but I've never once seen anyone say the Premiership is the best league
Sounds like a strawman argument the Irish have invented because they like to act like the whole world is out to get them at all times

Also that whole "The English are out to get us" thing is wild, cause you know everyone would be giving it to Tigers just as hard if they'd have won.

but yeh Tigers need to invest in the pack now.

Tigers need an 8, I couldn't even tell you who was playing there tonight

nothing happened in 02 about the ref though it was perfectly legal....

the munster pack didn't dominate that game up front IMHO we lost that one ourselves, but yeh Tigers need to invest in the pack now.
Neil Back move was 100% illegal but fair. It only illegal if caught as we always say

I've seen so many people say this, but I've never once seen anyone say the Premiership is the best league
Sounds like a strawman argument the Irish have invented because they like to act like the whole world is out to get them at all times

Also that whole "The English are out to get us" thing is wild, cause you know everyone would be giving it to Tigers just as hard if they'd have won.

Or the head of PRL saying it is where it comes from.

Tigers get it as they a traditional club too. Their fan base show that.

On us vs rest. We happy with that

Lads there were decisions I felt the ref got wrong for us too, see the bigger picture and realise pointing at the ref all the time doesn't reflect well on you when you're clearly blind to things going the other way and dive in whenever you feel an English team is hard done by. Fans making excuses is one thing but coaches doing it is pathetic and an attempt to shift focus from their teams shortcomings.
I'm proud of the team for a huge effort and made ammends for a painful loss last year. I thought we looked weaker this year than last but our depth is showing very well.

Being honest 3 as I said last week is a big Achilles heel

3 lock and 7 are areas we need to invest IMO, 8 maybe but Mapapalangi i reckon in a season of game time and bulking could be very good.

Lads there were decisions I felt the ref got wrong for us too, see the bigger picture and realise pointing at the ref all the time doesn't reflect well on you when you're clearly blind to things going the other way and dive in whenever you feel an English team is hard done by. Fans making excuses is one thing but coaches doing it is pathetic and an attempt to shift focus from their teams shortcomings.
I'm proud of the team for a huge effort and made ammends for a painful loss last year. I thought we looked weaker this year than last but our depth is showing very well.

You look a more mature team than last season, the way you sat back and let Leicester do all the damage to themselves was a sign of it, your leaders in Murray and POM control everything and made sure they was no panic after tait's try.

It's a credit to the development of Munster it isn't the case of having that extra passion tonight it was the case of having that extra bit of smarts that won you the game and that will go along way in how you get on in this cup IMO.

Happy with something that doesn't exist?
Guess it makes sense consider Munster fans think they're a top side in Europe when they've not won anything in a decade

:D
As I said we will take it.
If it doesn't exist fair enough it only you that said it not me

3 lock and 7 are areas we need to invest IMO, 8 maybe but Mapapalangi i reckon in a season of game time and bulking could be very good.

You look a more mature team than last season, the way you sat back and let Leicester do all the damage to themselves was a sign of it, your leaders in Murray and POM control everything and made sure they was no panic after tait's try.

It's a credit to the development of Munster it isn't the case of having that extra passion tonight it was the case of having that extra bit of smarts that won you the game and that will go along way in how you get on in this cup IMO.
On last bit it' exactly a point of where we are in cycles. Think back to 2 years ago and it was other way. Definitely not extra heart or passion. Just we were more experienced to deal with start. We said it all week contain for start and learn even from last year where we got complacent after 1st game

Also JVG and Coaches deserve huge credit considering all the change the past few weeks with us

On last bit it' exactly a point of where we are in cycles. Think back to 2 years ago and it was other way. Definitely not extra heart or passion. Just we were more experienced to deal with start. We said it all week contain for start and learn even from last year where we got complacent after 1st game

Also JVG and Coaches deserve huge credit considering all the change the past few weeks with us

Yep it's been interesting one to watch from a fan POV we have played Munster now for 3 seasons on the trot every time in the double header and you can see the development of them.
2015/16 - looked a team unsure in both legs a bit rabbit in the headlights.
2016/17 - Great first leg fuelled by alot of passion which destroyed Tigers that just couldn't be sustained in the second leg.
2017/18 - A very fast and aggressive first leg win followed by a very smart cold calculated win in the second leg

Honestly you kept yourselves out of that game with some terrible discipline. You could have come back into it in the second half without that. However angry you might be with the Sir, you should be more angry with your own 23.

I was chuffed with the BT Sport interviewer who suggested to Geordan Murphy that his anger should be directed at his player's inability to work with the referee.

Latest posts