• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 4

Not sure if weather here is good or bad for us. Watch Casters boys waning up I'd hope we can exploit their size. I think the fitness of them will wane in 3rd quarter

Not sure if weather here is good or bad for us. Watch Casters boys waning up I'd hope we can exploit their size. I think the fitness of them will wane in 3rd quarter
What do you think of the decision to start Stephen Archer over John Ryan? Gamble worth taking?
Had to happen as John didn't train during week and had set back with medical issues. John will add for last 20mins. Can't state how strong wind is here and heat. We are very sloppy though

We were very lucky today. The ref got that last call very wrong. We gave 1 of worst displays ever. Basically have to win next 5 games now

That was a strange viewing experience. Both teams trying their best to lose.

Draw a fair result for what was a shambolic performance. Munster seriously need to take a look at themselves, their discipline, decision making and communication this week and O'Mahony needs to step up as captain and make good leadership decisions. Some serious headless chickens on show today. Good performances are hard to call really. Murray not at his best, but clutch when he had to be, Archer was great in scrummaging and workrate. Keatley had good flashes when he came on.
I'm firmly of the opinion now that Bleyndaal can't start in current form. O'Donnell just doesn't do enough either. We're lacking a jackal in rucks completely and we got caught 5 or 6 times trying to steal an extra yard and getting isolated. Also talk about a bloody horror performance from Farrell. I'm sure he knows himself, but he needs to have a word given about his passing. Seriously hurt us. Kilcoyne is a good carrier, but he makes the stupidest decisions. Genuinely loses the plot too often. I don't doubt anyone's commitment, but the execution is way off and we're approaching games wrongly.
It's very annoying, because we'll likely hammer them in the return fixture, but this could haunt us.
EDIT: Have to agree that saying we got the rub of the green from the ref today would be a wild understatement. We got away with murder.

Draw a fair result for what was a shambolic performance. Munster seriously need to take a look at themselves, their discipline, decision making and communication this week and O'Mahony needs to step up as captain and make good leadership decisions. Some serious headless chickens on show today. Good performances are hard to call really. Murray not at his best, but clutch when he had to be, Archer was great in scrummaging and workrate. Keatley had good flashes when he came on.
I'm firmly of the opinion now that Bleyndaal can't start in current form. O'Donnell just doesn't do enough either. We're lacking a jackal in rucks completely and we got caught 5 or 6 times trying to steal an extra yard and getting isolated. Also talk about a bloody horror performance from Farrell. I'm sure he knows himself, but he needs to have a word given about his passing. Seriously hurt us. Kilcoyne is a good carrier, but he makes the stupidest decisions. Genuinely loses the plot too often. I don't doubt anyone's commitment, but the execution is way off and we're approaching games wrongly.
It's very annoying, because we'll likely hammer them in the return fixture, but this could haunt us.
EDIT: Have to agree that saying we got the rub of the green from the ref today would be a wild understatement. We got away with murder.
On 7 Cloete is here during week. But won't play for few weeks.

Castres are a tough team to beat away and they showed it last year when stopping Leinster getting their win and subsequently costing us a home semi-final and likely final appearance. That was a team that finished 5th in France though compared to the team lingering in 11th, Munster will want to win this game if they have notions of knockout rugby.

Hmmm... Didn't watch the game but I wouldn't be too disheartened, Castres are a stubborn team that don't go down easily. Leinster's left a win their last year with Sexton going off injured and Isa, who at the time was our best outside back, getting a yellow and it ultimately cost us later in the tournament. An away win is a must now.

Hmmm... Didn't watch the game but I wouldn't be too disheartened, Castres are a stubborn team that don't go down easily. Leinster's left a win their last year with Sexton going off injured and Isa, who at the time was our best outside back, getting a yellow and it ultimately cost us later in the tournament. An away win is a must now.
Difference is this result will cost us qualification. We caused all our downfall ourselves

Thought Racing were there for the taking and we should be disappointed to only come away with a LBP.

Cant stand their fans, coaches and players. The whole set up is the total opposite to Tigers.

Thought Racing were there for the taking and we should be disappointed to only come away with a LBP.

Cant stand their fans, coaches and players. The whole set up is the total opposite to Tigers.
Well Tigs Man isn't allowed into public parks or playgrounds ever since he got belligerent, drunk and stuck in a slide after losing getting nilled by us last year, you sent poor Cockers to the rugby equivalent of the Wall from GoT (north of hadrian's wall actually, very harsh) and you famously won a Heineken Cup final by cheating, Tuilagi has been fined for jumping off a ferry, assaulting two WPCs and a taxi driver, overstayed a visa illegally plus I'm 90% certain that Dan Cole murders people for sport then eats them in worship of a long forgotten fallen god.

Well Tigs Man isn't allowed into public parks or playgrounds ever since he got belligerent, drunk and stuck in a slide after losing getting nilled by us last year, you sent poor Cockers to the rugby equivalent of the Wall from GoT (north of hadrian's wall actually, very harsh) and you famously won a Heineken Cup final by cheating, Tuilagi has been fined for jumping off a ferry, assaulting two WPCs and a taxi driver, overstayed a visa illegally plus I'm 90% certain that Dan Cole murders people for sport then eats them in worship of a long forgotten fallen god.

Finished?

Finished?
Not even close! I usually move onto sledging Saracens around quarter final time if you're willing to wait it out though.
On 7 Cloete is here during week. But won't play for few weeks.
Had forgotten about him. I think he'll be starting before long from what I've seen of him. Could really use a squat 7 like him to get over the ball and hit rucks with some actual ferocity. Clearouts have been so soft recently.

Latest posts