Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Saturday 16.15 (Local Time), BeIN Sport/BT Sport

Racing 92 v Leicester Tigers

Sunday 14.00 (Local Time), BeIN Sport/Sky Sports

Castres Olympique v Munster Rugby

Thanks Alpha Bro.

Big games for the french teams both at home a loss at home for a french teams usually ends up with them not bothering with the rest of the comp really.

Munster should beat Castres, not so sure on Tigers chances against a misfiring racing team.

Much rather have a team like Castres at home in round one and then away later when they could well be out of contention. Will be a tough enough nut to crack, but we should be able to trouble them enough in the backs. No BP wins this week I think.

Castres are a tough team to beat away and they showed it last year when stopping Leinster getting their win and subsequently costing us a home semi-final and likely final appearance. That was a team that finished 5th in France though compared to the team lingering in 11th, Munster will want to win this game if they have notions of knockout rugby.

Mid table English v Mid table French (Mid table Group really!) French trips haven't been good to the Tigers recently but it won't take a hugely inspiring performance to win here, underdogs but not massive ones by any means.

Much rather have a team like Castres at home in round one and then away later when they could well be out of contention. Will be a tough enough nut to crack, but we should be able to trouble them enough in the backs. No BP wins this week I think.

I would agree with that if it wasn't for the Tigers Racing game last year where we got spanked harder than a naughty nun against a racing side with nothing to play for in the final round. (Mind everyone Spanked us last season that was a tough year for Tigers in Europe).

I'm hoping that with both teams struggling in the Top 14 that they just focus on that but the french never do what they want them to do, Think Racing owner and coach have said they want to target the champions cup aswell.

Hopefully some of Kleyn, Grobler, O'Callaghan and O'Shea (all second rows) becomes available for this week. Need the firepower. Copeland ain't no Second row.

I think this is the hardest group to predict the winner.
As Tigsman rightly says, Castres and Racing aren't setting the Top14 alight and may roll over if they lose their opening matches.
Then again, they are both tough to play away, but I'd not be surprised if Tigers and Munster do just that!

Rumored Munster side
1. Kilcoyne
2. Scannell
3. Archer
4. Flanagan
5. Holland
6. POM
7. TOD
8. Stander
9. Murray
10. Tyler B
11. Earls
12. Scannell
13. Farrel
14. Sweetnam
15. Zebo

John Ryan must be crocked, but otherwise pretty much what I expected.

The French are usually very hard to beat at home. Leicester and Munster will be doing well to win.

Munster have been playing a more attacking game this season or trying to play that way. If they can play with a bit of pace it might catch Castres out. Or just give the ball to Earls!

Team is as rumored. A bit dissapointed both Sweetnam and Zebo are starting ahead of Conway
Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Mark Flanagan, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony Capt., Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Robin Copeland, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway.

Leicester Tigers (v Racing 92, away, Saturday 4.15pm local time/3.15pm UK time)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Nick Malouf
13 Matt Smith
12 Matt Toomua
11 Jonny May
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Dan Tuohy
20 Brendon O'Connor
21 Ben White
22 Joe Ford
23 Mathew Tait

Team is as rumored. A bit dissapointed both Sweetnam and Zebo are starting ahead of Conway
Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Tyler Bleyendaal, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Mark Flanagan, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony Capt., Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.
Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Liam O'Connor, John Ryan, Robin Copeland, Jack O'Donoghue, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Andrew Conway.
Andy had virus during week. Would've been on wing

And is Archer over Ryan fitness or form? Archer is having an Indian summer to his career, but still would have thought Ryan takes it in Europe.
Bit of both. Ryan is a sufferer of Crohn Disease and has had issue lately. He's being managed with view season is for 9months not 1.

Than Racing coach should be warned/fined for that.

As should the player milking it...

hate how a player saving themselves saves the tackler from a card, has happened a few times. The law needs changing in that regards IMO.

Latest posts