• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 4

Why did they scrum that last penalty instead of going to the corner?
Their scrum was under huge pressure and I think it was a lucky penalty that they'd just won seeing as they got shoved back off the ball

Not delayed because of rain.
Delayed due to lining of fields and floods in parts of the pitch. Player welare was the reason.
Put some extra roids in their turnip mash and send them out there
My 18month old neice loves playing in puddles, I'm sure the similarly tough Munster men can handle it too

Maybe if the players weren't soyboys their welfare wouldn't be at stake
Players were out and what is a SOYBOY.
Ref made call. Not the players. Can lads please even pretend about knowledge lol.
It's same as Saracens game earlier this season. Players don't have a say.

Why did they scrum that last penalty instead of going to the corner?
Their scrum was under huge pressure and I think it was a lucky penalty that they'd just won seeing as they got shoved back off the ball

Put some extra roids in their turnip mash and send them out there
My 18month old neice loves playing in puddles, I'm sure the similarly tough Munster men can handle it too
Olyy I know you hate Munster but they must be back on form that you really putting effort to hate Munster last few weeks on here.
Sure you told us the Pro14 was awful league. I'm guessing you'v gauged it on European form.
Also players are ok with puddles as they were ok playing. It was a UK ref that didn't want puddles. So guess it shows UK mentality

I don't hate Munster, I only don't like that new diving saffa 7 you've got,
I just like making fun on them because their fans (Not on here, mind) are the worst.
I don't hate tigers either but the banter is great.

Also you were the one saying the prem was terrible based on euro results....
I don't watch much pro14 because I don't care about any of the teams and the new format has sucked any excitement out of league positioning etc.

I don't hate Munster, I only don't like that new diving saffa 7 you've got,
I just like making fun on them because their fans (Not on here, mind) are the worst.

Also you were the one saying the prem was terrible based on euro results....
I don't watch much pro14 because I don't care about any of the teams and the new format has sucked any excitement out of league positioning etc
No. I said few weeks ago there no difference between Prem and pro14 and you said that was bull and there was a big difference.
Also not sure on fans comment as well Munster seem to be highly rated by majority.
Like most good 7s. If you dislike him he must be good.

On the steroids comment. Hasn't players being caught guilty in UK. Never has a club in Ireland being found to have doping occur on their watch. Maybe UK lads should follow our lead and stamp it out. As I said the beauty of it is anything thrown at us ye have done yourselves lol

Ah harsh on Cloete. He's a genuinely tough little ******* and is in the middle of literally every scrap since he's arrived. He's shipped some downright dirty tackles because he's always over the ball and will will go down in the annals of beloved signing I bet. I'd also say our fanbase is honestly quite respectful while still creating a good rowdy atmosphere. You'll struggle to find an away fan who's had a bad experience at Thomond.
I genuinely hope we get to the final and Grobler scores our winning try though. It would send everyone ******* ballistic. He'll be our greatest ever signing and I hope we erect a statue.

I dislike him because he was caught on camera faking an injury to win a penalty, that's not exactly Richie McCaw killing breakdowns offside...
Well it wasn't as blatant as that but hey Charlie Hodgson did same in Thomond Park in 06 when the mighty Chabal crumbled. As I said any fault we have I'm sure you'v seen it below.

Back on game pitch very soft and wind swirling like mad.

Ah harsh on Cloete. He's a genuinely tough little ******* and is in the middle of literally every scrap since he's arrived. He's shipped some downright dirty tackles because he's always over the ball and will will go down in the annals of beloved signing I bet. I'd also say our fanbase is honestly quite respectful while still creating a good rowdy atmosphere. You'll struggle to find an away fan who's had a bad experience at Thomond.
I genuinely hope we get to the final and Grobler scores our winning try though. It would send everyone ******* ballistic. He'll be our greatest ever signing and I hope we erect a statue.
Grobler will play during 6Nations and hope he keeps up recent form. Seems Gloucester will have him next year and hope he has better treatment than the great witch hunt he had this month.

No. I said few weeks ago there no difference between Prem and pro14 and you said that was bull and there was a big difference.

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threa...-cup-2017-18-pool-4.40196/page-12#post-883086
tenor.gif

Gloucester have completely let themselves down and disgraced their good name by signing a drug cheat #sad.

Gloucester have completely let themselves down and disgraced their good name by signing a drug cheat #sad.
He wouldn't be first in the bracket in league but lad made a mistake and owned up and did time. No shame.
Only sad bit is Irish as a friendly nation was shown as bit of Bullshit by antics of some of media. Not saying we an unfriendly nation but more we ain't up on no pedestal

So you agree the leagues are no different and it is a myth the Premiership is top league and actually is at Pro14 level more than Top 14 and bit overhyped?

Well in that case I apologise I took it up wrong and thought you had opinion of top brass of league.
My honest opinion is that the Prem is at a more consistent higher level than the Pro14, but the Pro14 has the potential to go higher and does so at several points through the year.
By that I mean the Pro14 sides are more likely to rest players than the prem, because there is no threat of relegation and qualification for Europe is easier (I know it's still merit based, but it's still easier IMO).
So say the Prem is like 65-75% level, the Pro14 goes from like 50% to 90% based on how full strength the teams are and how seriously they're taking the game.
The best Pro14 games are better than the best prem, the worst better than our worst. The average prem game is better than the average Pro 14 (again, imo)
Europe speaks for itself this season.

Who's the Gloucester juicer?
I don't actually care about roid-boy, we're all kidding ourselves if we don't think almost every top level player is on something. If anything it just shows how dumb he was to get caught.
I think it's funny how badly people are taking criticism of it though - kicking a journalist out or something, mentioned above?

I'm just here for the bants.

He wouldn't be first in the bracket in league but lad made a mistake and owned up and did time. No shame.
Only sad bit is Irish as a friendly nation was shown as bit of Bullshit by antics of some of media. Not saying we an unfriendly nation but more we ain't up on no pedestal
Oh I say that in sarcasm. I'm still of the opinion that the media pile on has been nothing short of disgusting. Much of our rugby coverage is horrible tabloid level crap. Wouldn't wipe my hole with an Independent.

So you agree the leagues are no different and it is a myth the Premiership is top league and actually is at Pro14 level more than Top 14 and bit overhyped?

Well in that case I apologise I took it up wrong and thought you had opinion of top brass of league.

With the exception of some commentators, the whole English thinking the Aviva is vastly superior is predominantly a fabricated claim of Pro 12/14. It's similar to the arrogant English claim, frequently repeated in complete isolation of actual truth because some just have this bizarre desperation to feel like they have a moral superiority to England and so fabricate things they English are saying to justify their misplaced outrage. Look at around 2012, English were constantly being accused of arrogance by mostly the Welsh, these same people who would say England had no world class players and not a single English player would get into the Welsh team.

tl:dr, the claim the Aviva is superior is said by Pro 14 fans more than English fans as an excuse to whinge about English arrogance.

My honest opinion is that the Prem is at a more consistent higher level than the Pro14, but the Pro14 has the potential to go higher and does so at several points through the year.
By that I mean the Pro14 sides are more likely to rest players than the prem, because there is no threat of relegation and qualification for Europe is easier (I know it's still merit based, but it's still easier IMO).
So say the Prem is like 65-75% level, the Pro14 goes from like 50% to 90% based on how full strength the teams are and how seriously they're taking the game.
The best Pro14 games are better than the best prem, the worst better than our worst. The average prem game is better than the average Pro 14 (again, imo)
Europe speaks for itself this season.

Who's the Gloucester juicer?
I don't actually care about roid-boy, we're all kidding ourselves if we don't think almost every top level player is on something. If anything it just shows how dumb he was to get caught.
I think it's funny how badly people are taking criticism of it though - kicking a journalist out or something, mentioned above?

I'm just here for the bants.
So what I was saying orginallt stands. As there is no proof it higher.
Not easier to qualify for Europe and just because we rest guys isn't a legit comment as I'd argue alot of guy who come in would make teams in Prem. Like Johne Murphy or Tony Buckley. Domiic Ryan. The list is there.
I'd disagree and well question was would you say Premiership is overjoyed.

On juicer comment Grobeler is signing for Gloucester next year.

With the exception of some commentators, the whole English thinking the Aviva is vastly superior is predominantly a fabricated claim of Pro 12/14. It's similar to the arrogant English claim, frequently repeated in complete isolation of actual truth because some just have this bizarre desperation to feel like they have a moral superiority to England and so fabricate things they English are saying to justify their misplaced outrage. Look at around 2012, English were constantly being accused of arrogance by mostly the Welsh, these same people who would say England had no world class players and not a single English player would get into the Welsh team.

tl:dr, the claim the Aviva is superior is said by Pro 14 fans more than English fans as an excuse to whinge about English arrogance.
Fair comment and I accept it Pro14 fans say it more due to top brass of Premiership

The whole debate about league quality is null and void in my opinion. Our teams are clearly stronger this year but the position was almost exactly reversed a few years ago with no Celts making the quarters. The momentum will swing side to side every few years, thank god for the good of the comp. It's a cyclical thing. I think to be fair though the standard is Leinster and then everyone else a good few lengths behind this year though in terms of quality. The other pro 14 teams aren't on their level either. They could still be pipped of course though.

The whole debate about league quality is null and void in my opinion. Our teams are clearly stronger this year but the position was almost exactly reversed a few years ago with no Celts making the quarters. The momentum will swing side to side every few years, thank god for the good of the comp. It's a cyclical thing. I think to be fair though the standard is Leinster and then everyone else a good few lengths behind this year though in terms of quality. The other pro 14 teams aren't on their level either. They could still be pipped of course though.

Also have to factor in some of the English clubs who would normally compete have suffered issues with the management. Leicester, Bath and Northampton in particular all must be suffering quite low moral and disorganised because of recent management problems. Quins too? Throw in fatigue from English Lions getting little to no rest and it's just the clubs being hit with a load of issues all in 1 year.

Latest posts