• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 4

Also have to factor in some of the English clubs who would normally compete have suffered issues with the management. Leicester, Bath and Northampton in particular all must be suffering quite low moral and disorganised because of recent management problems. Quins too? Throw in fatigue from English Lions getting little to no rest and it's just the clubs being hit with a load of issues all in 1 year.
That's the cyclical point. Three years ago Leinster were transitioning by bringing in a host of new players, Munster had awful management problems under Foley, Ospreys started their dive into mediocrity.

I do think the Pro12 being called a weak competition has more basis than arrogant English claims. It's not uncommon to hear claims that we only do well in Europe because we get to rest players. It's rarely claimed on here but I definitely saw it around the Exeter games for Leinster, which had no basis as it started a 7 game series with four Euro games and three interpros, we got in after the 2011 final a lot too and I've heard it implied on a couple English rugby podcasts this year! It's far from fabricated. I think Olyy's interpretation is fairish, it's the case for the top teams like Leinster, Munster, Scarlets and Glasgow but the rest really don't have anywhere near as much rotation, I'd also think Leinster could rotate just as much in the prem and finish top 2.

What is best in life?
To crush your enemy.
To see them driven before you.
To hear the lamentation of their women.

But Snoop you missed the point. The independent are a D4 based hate mob but again I thought you'd be more educated.

Frankie didn't fail a test he filled in the wrong paperwork which was filed under IRFU medical staff. So again guess you shouldn't believe the Independent for anything. And again I'd state it is on record as Frankie didn't fail a test. If you want to go nit picking though isn't it same as saying certain Leinster player had IRFU pay out huge sum of cash in past to avoid criminal conviction and be able to travel.

As I said Ireland ain't on no pedestal and we sprout a lot of crap which D4 media like Kimmage and O'Connor bring shame to.

On game we can't complain and we're happy to be at home.

Olyy to answer earlier about game.
Ground staff said they could get game ready for 1.45pm kick off.
Sky are the ones that forced the 4pm kick off I discovered. It suited them better at that time other than 1.45

Munster (87) and Leinster (93) the only teams to concede under 100 points in competition. Some achievement considering the pools. Also some going by us considering the change in defensive approach

Players were out and what is a SOYBOY.
Ref made call. Not the players. Can lads please even pretend about knowledge lol.
It's same as Saracens game earlier this season. Players don't have a say.
i think the point is that we are pretending to not have knowledge

and soyboys are weak*** vegan types

The Independent is D4? I guess every paper apart from the Examiner must be D4 then.

Crazy how many rugby players have asthma.

No but O'Connor is a self proclaimed D4 man. Also the Examiner have a top office in D4 too

O'Coonor is not the Indo. Quinlan writes for them for example. Their offices are in Talbot street not D4. They often have quite a Munster slant. Just because there's been some carry on you're not happy with doesn't mean it's organised by some D4 conspiracy or something.

O'Coonor is not the Indo. Quinlan writes for them for example. Their offices are in Talbot street not D4. They often have quite a Munster slant. Just because there's been some carry on you're not happy with doesn't mean it's organised by some D4 conspiracy or something.
Ruaihri O Connor is the Independent. And it is organised based on previous issues I'v stated already. Just look back.
Yes Quinlan writes for them. Well aware and he is outside Munster loop as everyone knows but also slammed the way Grobler was treated. And Independent never had Munster slant despite being a sponsor. And I never said the head offices were in D4 just reporters think they are D4 style.

Munster (87) and Leinster (93) the only teams to concede under 100 points in competition. Some achievement considering the pools. Also some going by us considering the change in defensive approach

Bare in mind two of the fixtures were against our shambles.

Munster fans putting their hands over their ears when they hear something they don't like!

giphy.gif

Munster fans putting their hands over their ears when they hear something they don't like!

giphy.gif
Just facts Snoop.
Guess if it is like that I will lay it out so.
Yes Munster had a player fail a test for asthma reasons. Ban was reduced from 2 years to 3months after medical evidence showed it was for genuine medical condition. A fact. So if that means Munster promote drug use then fair enough.

Leinster payed extraordinary money to a bouncer to protect a player on their watch so he can play International rugby and travel without the threat of a criminal record. That is a fact so by your reasoning again Leinster promote criminal activity.

Again Snoop as I said disappointed as thought you had more to you than the cheap shots. Guess you're just like rest of us.
And nothing fake as I said players referred are Frankie Sheehan and Shane Horgan.

On journalist witch hunt. 3 main guys who had grudges.
Ruadhri O'Connor. Self proclaimed D4 head who has grudges onMunster for years. Writes for Independent and well BG8 comments and you like that he doesn't even write for Indo. As I said maybe at least get basics right.

Kimmage. A guy who's a failed drug cheat too and was only "reformed" after being caught taking PEDs. And he was still ******* useless. Also has a grudge. Attacked Stander playing for Ireland but never mentioned Richardt Strauss. Attacked Gerbrandt as first in Ireland but missed Ulsters 1 time Captain. And admitted himself he has bitten back against "lads who had pitchforks after him for years"

And Ger Gilroy. A man who admits he hated seeing Munster successful in early 00s as it should've been Leinster.
Like should've been what? Nothing was handed everything was earned the hard way.

See maybe Snoop it fact that people like yourself only listen to what you want to hear and don't see the full picture. As I said maybe the Fake News issue is Ukster are seeing it now Connacht are seeing it now and Munster now.

Ye moan at Munster getting financial help over Thomond yet never mention amount Leinster save in rent paid by IRFU and CCs.

Point out which of the above I disagree with?

Never said Munster condoned cheating. Said a player received a 2 year ban on their watch. True. Was still banned for 3 months.

No idea why you're bringing up the case on a Leinster player.

Point out where I said that journalist doesn't write for the Independent please. What he said was true, Munster signed a player who was banned for taking steroids. Can you agree with that or is it fake news too? You may not like how he told the story but the basic fact behind it is undeniable.

Paul Kimmage has nothing got to do with this. He also didn't fail a drugs test. He admitted he took them in his book Rough Ride (great read) and crusades against drug taking in sport. Nothing wrong with that. He pointed out that Philip Browne said the IRFU had a stated zero tolerance policy to drugs and Munster signing Gerbrandt Grobler flies in the face of that. He's correct. Again, you may not like the fact that he pointed out hypocrisy but he didn't lie. Can you admit that?

I couldn't care less what Ger Gilroy thinks. He's making the same points as Kimmage and O'Connor though. Their points are correct even though you don't like how they were delivered. Why are you using him to attack myeslf and other Leinster posters on this site?

Point out where I moaned about Munster getting financial support for Thomond Park please.

I find it ironic that you're pointing out that people like me "only listen to what you want to hear and don't see the full picture". Isn't that exactly what you're doing?! I'd say I'm very balanced in how I express my opinions and call things how I see them regardless of where I'm from and who I support.

Think Munster will beat Toulon in the quarter final in Thomond Park. Clermont or Racing away in the semi will be a much tougher proposition.

Chris Farrell again looked good in my limited viewing of yesterday's game.

For what its worth ive watched both provinces this season and Leinster are a class above. A special side right now full of Irish talent and young potential sprinkled with the likes of Fardy, Nacewa and Gibson-Park. The Sarries fixture should be immense, two test sides going against each other. The strength in depth of both teams is frightening.

Latest posts