• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup Quarter Final: Toulon V Wasps

An entertaining game of rugby. good to see big Ali score the winning try. Toulon being the better team in the first half, overrunning Wasps completely. In the second half Wasps came back but the backs should have been running straight while carrying the ball. Might have resulted in more ties for them.

He shouldn't have been on the field though! Agree Wasps drifted a bit to much.

I'll call it here. Leinster will beat Toulon

I wouldn't be especially surprised.

Its a shame that Sarries vs Clermont is the other semi, either of those would beat either of Toulon/Leinster.

Clermont will win the whole thing.

Nice to see Leiua back- if he finds some good form, Wasps will take some stopping in the ap (add Launch and Hughes back too).
9. Simpson
10. Lozowski
11. Varndel
12. Leiua
13. Daly
14. Wade
15. Miller

Last edited:
I wouldn't be especially surprised.

Its a shame that Sarries vs Clermont is the other semi, either of those would beat either of Toulon/Leinster.

Clermont will win the whole thing.

Well I'm hoping Clermont do it as they are only team to beat us home and away in pools ever. But they genuinely have played the best rugby and deserve to win it.

But certainly agree that themselves and Saracens would beat other 2.

Greenwood on England midfield options 'we saw Burrell making some big runs yesterday and then Twelvetrees' (v Conaught) distribution too' ...lol

Greenwood on England midfield options 'we saw Burrell making some big runs yesterday and then Twelvetrees' (v Conaught) distribution too' ...lol

Burrell was cack yesterday along with the majority of the team.

Nice to see Leiua back- if he finds some good form, Wasps will take some stopping in the ap (add Launch and Hughes back too).
9. Simpson
10. Lozowski
11. Varndel
12. Leiua
13. Daly
14. Wade
15. Miller

Masi at 15 and Goode at 10 imo

Yeah, Masi has to be in there somewhere.
I'd, controversially(?), have Tagicakibau over Varndell too.

Masi at 15 if Loz starts, Miller at 15 if Goode starts.

Masi offers the experience that Loz needs around him. Miller adds the attacking threat that Goode can sometimes need.

Having expressed doubts about Daly making steps forward from where he's been for the last year, got to say he's been pretty sublime for a while now. Gutted we're losing Helu who has been an excellent find.

Having expressed doubts about Daly making steps forward from where he's been for the last year, got to say he's been pretty sublime for a while now. Gutted we're losing Helu who has been an excellent find.
With Helu and Varndel leaving, that renders the wing reserves a bit short (especially since Wade is injury prone)- wasn't there supposed to be a big signing for next year (can't remember if it's been announced)? I guess Leiua can play on the wing..
With Johnson moving to hooker, Wasps could do with another no.6 also.
The ap is shaping up to be very competitive next year, especially for the play-offs- with Exeter, Glouc improving quickly

Last edited:
With Helu and Varndel leaving, that renders the wing reserves a bit short (especially since Wade is injury prone)- wasn't there supposed to be a big signing for next year (can't remember if it's been announced)? I guess Leiua can play on the wing..
With Johnson moving to hooker, Wasps could do with another no.6 also.
The ap is shaping up to be very competitive next year, especially for the play-offs- with Exeter, Glouc improving quickly

Frank Halai is coming from the Blies to shore up the wing you know.

Frank Halai is coming from the Blies to shore up the wing you know.
ah, forgot about that- knew there was someone signing.
Holy hell, that's going to be one tasty backline- Simpson/Robson, Lozowski, Halai, Leiua, Daly, Wade, Miller/Masi

Last edited:
Andy Goode still moaning on Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I see George Clancy has been selected as a World Cup referee today, hope he can spot a blatant shirt pulling by September!</p>&mdash; Andy Goode (@AndyGoode10) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGoode10/status/585500631647047680">April 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Latest posts