Club or Nation
England
Racing.png v Sarries.png

Venue: Olympique Yves du Manoir
Date: Sunday 5 April Kick-off: 12:45 BST
(BT Sport)

Teams
Racing Metro
Brice Dulin; Juan Imhoff, Henry Chavancy, Jamie Roberts, Teddy Thomas; Johnny Sexton, Maxime Machenaud; Eddy Ben Arous, Dimitri Szarzewski (capt), Luc Ducalcon, Luke Charteris, Francois van der Merwe, Wenceslas Lauret, Camille Gerondeau, Antonie Claassen

Virgile Lacombe, Julien Brugnaut, Brian Mujati, Fabrice Metz, Thibault Dubarry, Mike Phillips, Johannes Goosen, Alexandre Dumoulin.

Saracens
Alex Goode; Chris Ashton, Marcelo Bosch, Chris Wyles, David Strettle; Charlie Hodgson, Richard Wigglesworth (capt); Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, Petrus du Plessis, George Kruis, Jim Hamilton, Jackson Wray, Jacques Burger, Billy Vunipola.

Schalk Brits, Rhys Gill, James Johnston, Maro Itoje, Kelly Brown, Matt Hankin, Neil de Kock, Nick Tompkins

Players to watch out for -
Racing-Ben Arous, Claassen, Sexton, Roberts, Dulin
Saracens-Goode, Vunipola, Ashton, Vunipola, Brits

Should be a good game, so happy to see Schalk back. Feel like Sarries will be the only English team to win (except maybe Bath).

Brits Is brilliant to see but will have too play well to get his shirt back. 6/2 split makes sense as we always get out muscled against the French ultimately I think we will lose by 6.

Yep, Jamie George is a more than capable 1st choice, I have no problems with him. However I just feel Brits adds that extra 'something' which we often need, given that he has the hands and feet of a centre. Regarding the game... we're coming off the back of a strong win, should be in good form against probably the weakest out of the home quarter finalists (no disrespect to Racing), so it should be close.

Could this get ugly as well?

Not on about scoreline more about the game style i think things could get a bit tasty between the 2.

Last edited:
Was a good start but we've now conceded a try from a driving maul. Vunipola has had Ducalcon on toast and Nigel Owens has given us nothing from it.

Now a deliberate knock on from Roberts when we had a huge overlap but not given.

Last edited:
Missed most of the 1st half bar the last 8 mins, apparently we're mainly getting dominated?

Not on the scoreboard but in the collision we are suffering. We need to face up harder otherwise we will lose over the 80.

We stole that win. Personally I think we were poor but then again I think Owens was very home town today.

Oh my God what a finish! Played poorly but can't complain! Semi vs Clermont, remind anyone of anything?

Boooosssscccchhhh you legend
Fair play to Sarries, the only English club that knows how to win knock out games

Itoje and Binny's counter rucking in the lead up to that penalty basically won that game - monstrous!

I guess that everybody here will find this last penalty totally normal...Owens just proved again that he does not like the frenchies...A bit like the numbers of "Mistakes" he has done during England France...What a rip off, this sort of referee should be banned for life of Rugby....

Latest posts