• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup Semi Final Clermont v Saracens

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Congrats Clermont!

Can't see Leinster beating Toulon but who knows, all French finale?

Itoje was excellent though, he is a future England blindside of serious promise.

Damn, so frustrating. We played well overall but stupid errors cost us. Stand out performers for us were Billy (again), Itoje, Wiggy and Barritt. Congrats Clermont, the better team in a very close game.

Clermont have come of age agst their bete noire. Cracking game.

Clermont in the final superb!!!!!!!!!!! and playing against 16 Clancy was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!! tried his level best to help Sarries!!!!!!!!!!!, and they were tooo frightened to play kicked the ball away far too often, Clermont did exactly the same in the first half but played much better in the second, but very exciting game right till the final whistle although there were plenty of mistakes from both sides, but thats probably more the pressure of a semi. lets see if we can have an all French Final at Twickers.
So who are the neutrals going to support if that happens.
excellent timing 2200 posts and a French finalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clermont in the final superb!!!!!!!!!!! and playing against 16 Clancy was awful!!!!!!!!!!!!! tried his level best to help Sarries!!!!!!!!!!!, and they were tooo frightened to play kicked the ball away far too often, Clermont did exactly the same in the first half but played much better in the second, but very exciting game right till the final whistle although there were plenty of mistakes from both sides, but thats probably more the pressure of a semi. lets see if we can have an all French Final at Twickers.
So who are the neutrals going to support if that happens.
excellent timing 2200 posts and a French finalist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll support Clermont :)

somehow i think there could be 82,000 Clermont supporters at Twickers if it was an all French Final

Completely behind Clermont if Toulon reach the final. I have always liked watching them play.

tried his level best to help Sarries!!!!!!!!!!!

He was poor for both sides.. I can't think of any times besides the ashton shoulder charge that he made obvious bad decisions against clermont, and even that had a forward pass in the build up.

2 high tackles never given various infringements at the rucks, offside when Clermont wanted to take a quick line out the sarries player never stopped he was a country mile offside, and i might even go and say penalty try perhaps although he did ground the ball on the line but at the very least a yellow card for the tackle by Ashton with out arms and only using his shoulder. more than enough in my opinion

2 high tackles never given various infringements at the rucks, offside when Clermont wanted to take a quick line out the sarries player never stopped he was a country mile offside, and i might even go and say penalty try perhaps although he did ground the ball on the line but at the very least a yellow card for the tackle by Ashton with out arms and only using his shoulder. more than enough in my opinion

'various infringements at the ruck' is what everyone says when blaming a ref. Ignoring how he let Clermont off at the scrum instead of blowing up for penalties as well on a couple of occasions. Clancy was poor for both sides.

When the ball goes out of play the offside line has gone. Ashton should've gone too the bin apart from the ball to Nalaga is a mile forward so it shouldn't have even got too that point. Clermont players laid all over the ball every ruck, and the scrum was a joke as we had the advantage and hardly got reward for such. But then again Saracens were offside, we didn't support our weight in the jackals. Really he isn't very good at his job.

Haha Clermont lay over the ball and disrupted Sarries ball just as much, all team do it. For the lineout, if the ball goes out then there is no longer an offside line so he was legal.

Edit: ^Sorry only just saw this, great minds eh.

If between Toulon and Clermont in the final I will 1000000% support Clermont.
Same, but really it's like picking between herpes and gonorrhoea.

Bare jokes that the Frenchies are saying Clancy favoured Saracens :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it is Toulon and Clermont in the final some of our Gallic friends would still accuse ref of anti-French bias. Debating that call against Paris last week still blows my mind.

Latest posts