• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup Semi Final Toulon vs Leinster

Te'o will drag the rest of those gobsh**es, kicking and screaming, to a victory.

Leinster by <5

Leinster by between 3 & 8.

I'm extremely confident in them I put a sneaky â'¬20 on it.
They're going to be going in completely off radar. It'll be a 1 off and yea Toulon will shout in to a mic thinking their the All Black but I've a feeling SOB will be evens with Leinster after Sunday. They helped him recover from a rough injury spell and I've a feeling him along with Healy and strangely D'Arcy will be the main lynchpins. D'Arcy on early but I just feel it.

Good to see your confidence is high Mon le Munster Muffin i just hope the monthly funds are sufficient enough to be able to have a loss of 20â'¬ in your treasury.
Hoping to find Guinness tomorrow in Marseille but have not done before but then again the opposition was not Irish!!!!! heres hoping!!!!!!!
Although i think it will be close, and lets hope for an excellent game but unless something unpredicted happens i can see another all French final. got to go and buy, then plant my tomotoes, before the first semi, tis that time of year!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If Michalak has a bad game Leinster can definitely win this, all you need is for you guys to play the game of the season.
Looking at the packs Toulon have 4 genuine lineout options and are a good scrummaging side. Leinster look to have a tackling back row, personally I would've started Ryan as he seems to make gainline hits but then haven't seen him for a few weeks. In the backs If on form Toulon will win it, simple as really.

After coming back from injury he is playing out of his skin, personally i am not his favourite supporter (too hot and cold for me) but have to admit he is on top form at the moment, and if things go wrong which is always possible there is always Giteau there to replace him, but i think he will be too hot to hanndle tomorrow here hoping.

After coming back from injury he is playing out of his skin, personally i am not his favourite supporter (too hot and cold for me) but have to admit he is on top form at the moment, and if things go wrong which is always possible there is always Giteau there to replace him, but i think he will be too hot to hanndle tomorrow here hoping.

The only thing I could possibly do to improve on that paragraph is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one genuine bit of hope I have is Michalak, he's the sort of 10 Irish packs love playing against. They replace him with the best 10 in club rugby so... we're toast.

@Gaston when you come to Limerick next year I'll personally make sure the funds are good to bring you to the best spots for Guinness. It's only good on Irish soil.

Regards game. Freddie at 10 is literally a case of it can be good but can be bad. I think Leinster will crazy enough have the bash game to do it. As crazy as it is MOC has awful tactics that should be used 1 out of 50 games but I think this is the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Six of Toulon's starting pack are 33 or older.

No Armitage hopefully means they won't get as mny penalties or turnovers as usual. I back our scrum against theirs as well.

Hopefully SO'B has been having some talks with Keith Gleeson about Michalak over the last few days.

Te'o should be able to deal with Basteraud better than BO'D and D'arcy who just couldn't do their usual chop against him.

I'm not going to predict a win but I'll watch in hope.

Six of Toulon's starting pack are 33 or older.

No Armitage hopefully means they won't get as mny penalties or turnovers as usual. I back our scrum against theirs as well.

Hopefully SO'B has been having some talks with Keith Gleeson about Michalak over the last few days.

Te'o should be able to deal with Basteraud better than BO'D and D'arcy who just couldn't do their usual chop against him.

I'm not going to predict a win but I'll watch in hope.

But as you point out it is very possible it can be done. The only fear I would have is replacement options for back 5 of scrum.

Mon le Munster Muffin firstly it would be an honour to share Gulnnes or 3 with such a gentleman and if the rugby Gods Allow it although we still have to qualify, aEuopean Champions pool game next season would be world class look forward to it.
I,m afraid tomorrow you will be 20 euros light sorry my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if that is the case the first round inIreland will be mine.

Mon le Munster Muffin firstly it would be an honour to share Gulnnes or 3 with such a gentleman and if the rugby Gods Allow it although we still have to qualify, aEuopean Champions pool game next season would be world class look forward to it.
I,m afraid tomorrow you will be 20 euros light sorry my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if that is the case the first round inIreland will be mine.

Ha I could be very rich too. It'd be typical of Leinster. Either way Gaston there's no such thing as JUST 3 here. We will sample a Guinness in every bar and show you a mighty weekend.

Still in far from convinced by this Toulon team. Yea they're awesome but I think for all the talent they have Leinster can attract their half backs and turn them over. We nearly did last year and the Leinster team will be equally as capable with a much better scrum and replacement backrow than we had

MO'C talking about fans: "It's a noise, it is a distraction and it's about the group and preparing them to be as good as they can."

This guy must have been a hit at parties...

MO'C talking about fans: "It's a noise, it is a distraction and it's about the group and preparing them to be as good as they can."

This guy must have been a hit at parties...

Everything's a weapon eh?

Imagine travelling to Marseille to support your team and being called a distraction. Go to the RDS week in, week out, you're a distraction. Support the team and wish them luck, distraction.

The he man is a grade A ********.

That you actually hate the guy is a bit weird. Yeah not liking him as a coach fine but hating him as a person goes way beyond that.

You've taken comment completely out of context to suit your agenda. I'm guessing he was asked about dealing with the atmosphere this weekend and it's a fairly innocuous comment many with coaches making similar ones every week.

That you actually hate the guy is a bit weird. Yeah not liking him as a coach fine but hating him as a person goes way beyond that.

You've taken comment completely out of context to suit your agenda. I'm guessing he was asked about dealing with the atmosphere this weekend and it's a fairly innocuous comment many with coaches making similar ones every week.

He was asked about Leinster fans being disgruntled about the season with the Pro12 playoffs out of reach and said the fans mean nothing. Last week you said to Feic that if he was questioning you as a Leinster fan there was a problem. Now the coach has said that the fans don't matter and you don't care? That sounds weird to me.

I dont hate the man, I don't know him personally but the way in which he carries himself in public stinks of arrogance and helps him come across as a serious prima-donna.

He was asked about Leinster fans being disgruntled about the season with the Pro12 playoffs out of reach and said the fans mean nothing. Last week you said to Feic that if he was questioning you as a Leinster fan there was a problem. Now the coach has said that the fans don't matter and you don't care? That sounds weird to me.

I dont hate the man, I don't know him personally but the way in which he carries himself in public stinks of arrogance and helps him come across as a serious prima-donna.

Do you have a link to the actual article?

It doesn't come across as incredibly insulting to me. It wouldn't be the smartest thing to say but yes when you have outside criticism and still have games coming up it is a distraction and you can't afford to have the negative thoughts in your head.

EDIT: Anyway with the actual match in mind. Clermont showed how important being clinical is in these knockout scenarios. That's the really worry for us I feel. We haven't been able to score tries in Europe this year.

Your personalised insults suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons Leinster are talked up is because many are maybe writing them off too easily v Toulon. I think they can cause an upset. Over one game everything is possible and you can't discount funny calls by the ref either. Not many outside of France want to see Toulon win 3 in a row ... Over here the 2 teams that can really beat Toulon are a full strength Toulouse and Clermont. I said that at the start of the European season and I wasn't far off http://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/34638-Predictions?p=697853&viewfull=1#post697853
Toulouse have showed the way twice this season by beating Toulon home and away. You have to take the score early and not let them build a lead. The game will be won or lost in first half IMO. The one thing I have noticed about TOulon this season is that they can go off the boil fairly quickly and their concentration can go missing which is strange given their experience. I have not see enough of Leinster this season to really call it.

Last edited:

Latest posts