• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup Semi Final Toulon vs Leinster

But the plan would've worked if Madigan hit that kick or didn't get intercepted for example. (Not blaming Madigan). As I said earlier in week this was the 1 in 50 games MOCs tactics were suited. The grudge over MOC over season is different argument. Today Leinster attacked where they should've attacked.

If i didn't see it with my own two eyes I wouldn't have believe Ali Williams got binned. I didn't know that could happen to Toulon players.
Awful game for neutral, credit to Leinster for fronting up and Toulon for just having enough class to get over line.

I thought it was a rubbish match. The F1 race was much better tbh. Especially Lewis winning and Kimi getting second.

You mean scalextric, you must have been bored to watch that crap
Well, I was bored, but it wasn't a bad race. Some nice overtaking moves and the second/third position in doubt until the end. Even Nico produced some good racing.

Btw, why can't I have EN or ENG instead of UK on the flag?

Yeah, I just don't like him one bit. Would love to see Alonso help rebuild McLaren now that Button isn't a winner anymore.

My guess? Alonso hopes that Lewis goes to Ferrari so that he can get the Merc seat. McHonda are a basketcase.....

So just got back after a great weekend, the game not great both teams really did not want to play box kick box kick etc etc, the highlight was kitty on the
pitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he or she did 2 full length sprints scoring first for Toulon, then a brilliant down the touch line sprint for all 90yards and dived in the corner for Leinster for the best effort of the day, then disappeared as quick as he or she arrived, did not even attempt conversions after the two tries, but the whole crowd gave the cat a standing ovation. Boujellal the Toulon President has since met with the cats agent and the said cat will replace Michalak at 10 for next season. The contract has already been signed 1.5million `per season plus shares in Kitty Kat bytheway its official the Kitty is French so cannot be named as mercenary or other aand will also count as part of Toulons Jiff numbers next season.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like to congratulate the Irish supporters still being able to converse after the game, after seeing the amounts drank before and during the game. I think a few may have missed their planes back home last night with the extra time and all, but the state some of them were in i dont think it will have worried them that much, well maybe a little this morning having a very sore head to boot. Excellent weekend despite the poor rugby, and some" Barnesisms" Will not even mention the ALL FRENCH FINAL BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Le Munster Muffin 20€`down the drain shame!!!!! start saving for my Guiness next season and stop throwing your mony down the drain on silly bets!!!!!!!!!!! even if they were not that far away in the end, the stadium was covered in bitten finger nails by the time we left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which was about 2 hours after the final whistle did not want to close the bars!!!!! excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So just got back after a great weekend, the game not great both teams really did not want to play box kick box kick etc etc, the highlight was kitty on the
pitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he or she did 2 full length sprints scoring first for Toulon, then a brilliant down the touch line sprint for all 90yards and dived in the corner for Leinster for the best effort of the day, then disappeared as quick as he or she arrived, did not even attempt conversions after the two tries, but the whole crowd gave the cat a standing ovation. Boujellal the Toulon President has since met with the cats agent and the said cat will replace Michalak at 10 for next season. The contract has already been signed 1.5million `per season plus shares in Kitty Kat bytheway its official the Kitty is French so cannot be named as mercenary or other aand will also count as part of Toulons Jiff numbers next season.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like to congratulate the Irish supporters still being able to converse after the game, after seeing the amounts drank before and during the game. I think a few may have missed their planes back home last night with the extra time and all, but the state some of them were in i dont think it will have worried them that much, well maybe a little this morning having a very sore head to boot. Excellent weekend despite the poor rugby, and some" Barnesisms" Will not even mention the ALL FRENCH FINAL BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Le Munster Muffin 20€`down the drain shame!!!!! start saving for my Guiness next season and stop throwing your mony down the drain on silly bets!!!!!!!!!!! even if they were not that far away in the end, the stadium was covered in bitten finger nails by the time we left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which was about 2 hours after the final whistle did not want to close the bars!!!!! excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha I needed a few after that yesterday. My €20 was nearly the perfect bet. A DG away.

- - - Updated - - -

Very impressed by Leinster.

Maybe you're the most qualified to ask this, @munstermuffin. How much of a difference in recovery will this extra 20 minutes make? (Just thinking of us next week)

Just saw this now.
It'll be huge and here is why based on my experiences as not just a physio but being around Munster for years in similar experiences.
Alcohol is bad for recovery but no doubt they'd have all had a few on way home. Muscles are severely weakened already as it was a physical game and it was humid so that would weaken them. Also it's a 5 day turn around so there'll definitely be a need for freshening up.
I'd wager there'll be changes and any guys retained will be limited to mostly pool, recovery and non-contact sessions for a lot of the week.

Just a few quick looks on stats.
Jordi Murphy, Heaslip and SOB seemed to be the most productive forwards on field yesterday. All had superb tackling displays, carried well (Heaslip) but more importantly their breakdown work was impressive.
The strange 1 is this Leinsters backs tried to run more and kicked less. The stats show a very equal game but on Madigan I feel for him. He literally kicked Leinster to SF and yesterday had his worst game in years. Turned over the ball 5 times, missed a kick off the post at a vital time, kicked the ball dead on 2 restarts, threw that intercept and just had an all round bad day (except kicking off tee).

Just a few quick looks on stats.
Jordi Murphy, Heaslip and SOB seemed to be the most productive forwards on field yesterday. All had superb tackling displays, carried well (Heaslip) but more importantly their breakdown work was impressive.
The strange 1 is this Leinsters backs tried to run more and kicked less. The stats show a very equal game but on Madigan I feel for him. He literally kicked Leinster to SF and yesterday had his worst game in years. Turned over the ball 5 times, missed a kick off the post at a vital time, kicked the ball dead on 2 restarts, threw that intercept and just had an all round bad day (except kicking off tee).

Has Heaslip come off steroids or something.....? He seems to have toned down around the neck and shoulders....thought he had a monster performance yesterday!

Has Heaslip come off steroids or something.....? He seems to have toned down around the neck and shoulders....thought he had a monster performance yesterday!

Haven't noticed major physical changes. But he's become a smarter player and altered his game slightly. Had superb game yesterday but was smart in decision making

SOB needs to learn the rules I'm afraid. Elbows on the deck aren't 100% guaranteed penalties, can still have them on there if body weight supported (questionable whether Armitage did one one of those pens but he did on two for sure)

Latest posts