• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Player of the Year

Seems odd that they announce it so early. What if Itoje, for example, was to now put in 3 MOTM performances? Would he not be eligible?

Last edited:
As far as I know, this list is shortened to five after the semis and they pick a winner after the final. Bit of a weird system to be honest.

Very flawed system. What if they all got injured and didnt play any more this season,bit far fetched i know but to stress the point.
Flawed ***le too, no need for the end bit , its not the European player of the year its the EPCR champions cup (last 8) player of the year.

Stuart Barnes picking a player.....Jesus wept.

I say give it to Isa. Mental to think he retired 5 years ago!

Ireland has great achievements in the Rugby and their four players qualify for European player of the year. I am happy but I was looking to see a long list from Australia as well.

Nakarawa won it. Probably played the best of the five yesterday, it'd be between him or Fardy there, wouldn't have had him before that.

If James Ryan was as trendy in January Ashe is now it would have been his.

It was fair enough, the best players yesterday weren't nominated. It is a bit cruel to make him smile happily for the prize he's just won when his team have lost though.

Won't argue with the choice of Leone Nakarawa. He had a great tournament. The nomination process should change though as outlined in a few earlier posts. For Leinster, James Ryan and Dan Leavy made a big push in the knockout rounds but weren't even nominated (I still would have gone with Nakarawa to win though).

Latest posts