• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Questions

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 15 2005, 02:54 AM
Apart from some of the spellings that list should be correct.

Sorry, but i've got the biggest excuse for the spelling errors : I'm french.................

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Feb 15 2005, 11:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Feb 15 2005, 11:23 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Feb 15 2005, 02:54 AM
Apart from some of the spellings that list should be correct.

Sorry, but i've got the biggest excuse for the spelling errors : I'm french................. [/b]
Dont worrry Your sppellings beetter than miine and I'm English!!

Originally posted by Boy@Feb 16 2005, 12:36 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/easport...creenindex.html

These screens not only show that Bath and Cardiff are in, but the ground that Bath are playing the Blues (Auckland, not Cardiff) on looks strikingly like The Rec (i.e. the low far stand, trees and Georgian-looking terrace house and the Hamptons/Teachers stand).

Cool
Jeez, if a dump like the Rec gets in the game then I will definately be on the hunt for Franklins Gardens
<

Those pictures are useful though, they clear up the European licenses issue, and also show how good the face models are. I recognised Olly Barkley straight away.

yeah im pretty confident thats the rec. how long have those screenshots been about? it answers all european questions in one go! ie this years teams, unofficial kits but pretty damn good all the same.

Originally posted by paddyknight@Feb 16 2005, 05:59 PM
yeah im pretty confident thats the rec. how long have those screenshots been about? it answers all european questions in one go! ie this years teams, unofficial kits but pretty damn good all the same.
Yeah, it does. At least they seem to have made an effort with the kits this time. Bath's strip looks quite realistic, other than the missing sponsor, logo etc.

I'm glad to see there are a decent number of NH teams, but I'm still puzzled why EA will not include the Zurich Prem, the Celtic League et al. and just make one big european one instead.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 17 2005, 09:13 AM
I'm glad to see there are a decent number of NH teams, but I'm still puzzled why EA will not include the Zurich Prem, the Celtic League et al. and just make one big european one instead.
Maybe because the exclusive rights for the NFL + the Exclusive rights for the ESPN brand cost them so much they couldn't afford to spend another dollar on licensing.

or maybe they are just plain dumbasses.

(pick the one you like most
<
)

Originally posted by Handsomebob+Feb 16 2005, 10:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handsomebob @ Feb 16 2005, 10:38 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Feb 17 2005, 09:13 AM
Maybe because the exclusive rights for the NFL + the Exclusive rights for the ESPN brand cost them so much they couldn't afford to spend another dollar on licensing.

or maybe they are just plain dumbasses.

(pick the one you like most
<
) [/b]
I prefer the term "lazy tight-fisted c***s" myself...........

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 17 2005, 01:13 AM
a dump like the Rec
A Dump? the georgian architecture in bath provides one of the most beatiful back grounds for a rugby ground in the country! As opposed to Northampton, where the only distinguishing feature is that big tower the tests lifts in!

Originally posted by robbinho+Feb 17 2005, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Feb 17 2005, 11:33 PM)</div>
@Feb 17 2005, 01:13 AM
a dump like the Rec
A Dump? the georgian architecture in bath provides one of the most beatiful back grounds for a rugby ground in the country! As opposed to Northampton, where the only distinguishing feature is that big tower the tests lifts in! [/b]
I second that. The Rec is gorgeous. Bath is gorgeous.

I ate ostrich steak at some weird/kinda-posh restaurant that was tucked away off one of the streets -- very good.

The rec is one of the nicest grounds around, but just cos someone dosent like it dosent mean its a "dump". I personally think "Franklins Gardens" is the best in the premiership. or even in league rugby (well one of them anyway)

Nothing personal I just feel that way. Been to Bath and it is a nice little place. nice and quite.

Originally posted by robbinho+Feb 17 2005, 12:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (robbinho @ Feb 17 2005, 12:33 PM)</div>
@Feb 17 2005, 01:13 AM
a dump like the Rec
A Dump? the georgian architecture in bath provides one of the most beatiful back grounds for a rugby ground in the country! As opposed to Northampton, where the only distinguishing feature is that big tower the tests lifts in! [/b]
Lol, I was kidding. Note the "
<
" face next to my post. It is very scenic. Our actual stadium is better though.

In terms of its setting, The Rec can't be beaten unless you're actually playing rugby on Natalie Portman's backside.

In terms of the stadium though, Franklin's Gardens is the clear winner even though The Rec has improved the last few years. Saints fans should be proud of it; it'll be the best ground in Division 1 next year.

That is harsh. only two seasons ago you where fighting relegation like us, you dont need to rub it in. But if we do get relegated i will still stick by the team knowmatter what.

Just remember Boy, we still won the first game of the season!
<

Anyway, regardless of your opinions on the Rec or the Gardens, at least neither of us play at the prem's real dumps - those being The Stoop or Welford Road!
<

True, True. Or even the SHED
<

This is turning slightly footballish, i must shove my head in a blender.
<

Worst ground has to be Headingly. That's a real **** hole. Does anyone remember what Bristol's pitch used to be like when they were in the Prem? Always covered in sand because it was so cut up. If they get promoted they better had made some improvements.

Latest posts