• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Region - General Discussion Thread

How long do you want games in our comps to play out for?

• 5 min halves

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 10 min halves

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • 5 min Pools, 10min Finals

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • 5 min games until final, 10 min final

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRF C A Iversen

Rugby Gaming Nut
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Please feel free to add your name in this thread if you have interest in these upcoming competitions and this will be the thread for general discussion as the competition progresses. :)

What do we want to know?

1. That if your interested in playing in the leagues, that you'll be fine with committing to playing the competition through to it's conclusion whatever the result may be for yourself personally as a player.

2. That you understand that it's important that these games are to be played in good spirits and that any negativity towards other players will be deleted from these threads.

3. That you understand that not everyone can have a "dead-on equally rated team" in such competitions as these and that in the end there are bound to be games where one side will perhaps have a slight advantage in some ways. That's just the way of things.

So, give us your input. How'd you like your competition? Full round robin, then finals? Pools then finals?

Let's hear from you. There's a week to go. :)

XBox 360 Comp:

Names - Gamertags

1. Raziel Eire
- Ezeqiel
2. IRFU - thomas9124
3. Duckdee - Duckdee
4. nato - nato13e
5. Thingimubob - Thingimubob
6. Conal - conalb
7. TRF_Olyy - Olyy
8. TRF_Getofmeland - Getofmeland (SA, Eng, Fra)
9. Feicarsinn - Feicarsinn
10. matt869 - matt869
11. cimbomjubi82 - jubigala
12. welshyboymorrio - rodmorrisboy (Arg, Ire, Fra)
13. mudannyfc - mudannyfc (Wal, Ita, Fij)
14. YesImAfroJack - YesI'mAfroJack (Wal, Sco, Arg)
15. CRGamingEmpire_You Tube - CRGamingEmpire (Any?)
16. Angry Panda - Angry Panda Z (NZl, Aus, Fra)
17. smb64 - PaCMaN Z3RO - (Any?)

PS3 Comp:

Names - PSN ID's

1. ianmackay88 - ianmackay88
2. TVH11 - TVH11
3. cmac95 - SEEMAC95
4. Kingnick - kingnick678
5. jack6161 - J2CK_P3RRY
6. dza - ghostsarenotreal (Ire)
7. _ALLE88_ - Alle1988 (Eng, Sam, Ita)
8. Mattt - Egg1990 (Wal, Fra, Sam)
9. jardinedaniel - astrilla13 (SAf, Sam, Rom)
10. rugby143 - WallabiesLuke (Aus, SAf, Fra)
11. starkadder - starkadder (Wal, SAf, Eng)
12. welshdragon12 - El_Lloydos (Wal, Arg, Ita)
13. teldatati - teldatati (SAf, Fra, Arg)
14. UlsterG - G-leprechaun (Ire, SAf, Sam)
15. jovialjonny - jovial_jonny (Ire, Fra, Eng)

Will update with more gamertags and psn id's soon. :)

TRF name: raziel_eire
Platform: xbox360
Gamertag: ezeqiel

Happy to commit to all above rules & regs.

Competition Format: pools then QF, Semi's and final as a preference but happy to go full round robin aswell if numbers don't permit for pools
Preferred team: Ireland
Secondary team: Samoa
Tertiary team: Romania

Let's get this on!

How are you going about team selection - random assignment or by preferences?

Last edited:
TRF name: raziel_eire
Gamertag: ezeqiel

Happy to commit to all above rules & regs.

Competition Format: pools then finals as a preference but happy to go full round robin aswell if numbers don't permit for pools
Secondary team: Samoa
Tertiary team: Romania

Let's get this on!

How are you going about team selection - random assignment or by preferences?

Great question Raziel. I'm thinking a draw could be an idea. I'm not playing in your regions comp, so I might be able to throw the names into hat and then if everyone lists their top 10 choices in order, then they will get what is still left on their list?

If there are likely several more players than 10, they'll have to pick from the remaining lower ranked sides?

Open to ideas.

Also, just so as it's out there, the plan is to hold an international champions tournament at the conclusion of these regional ones, for the ***le of Overall International Champion (but that's getting ahead of things right now). :D

Also, I'd imagine that having more than 20 European players could happen, so it's really the first 20 players in that definitely get into the competition. :)

Platform: PS3PSN Id: ianmackay88Accept rulesCompetition Format: not botheredPreferred team: WalesSecondary team: Anyone except England ;)

Platform: PS3PSN Id: ianmackay88Accept rulesCompetition Format: not botheredPreferred team: WalesSecondary team: Anyone except England ;)

Duly noted, lol. (Writes down) "Does not want England" - check. :D

BY THE WAY EVERYONE - THERE'S TWO COMPS - PS3 & XBOX360.

Bear that in mind, so there is slightly more of a chance of getting the team you'd like. :)

Sorry was on my phone and trying to copy out the format :p

TRF name: IRFU
Platform: Xbox 360
Gamertag: thomas9124

I accept the conditions

Competition Format: If possible pools then finals but, it would be better that it just runs smoothly.
Preferred team: USA
Secondary team: Ireland
Tertiary team: Tonga

Last edited:
Last post went weird and wouldn't let me edit (Prob something to do with these archaic machines we have a work)Hopefully this one works!Platform: PS3PSN Id: ianmackay88Accept rulesCompetition Format: not botheredPreferred team: WalesSecondary team: Anyone except England :p

Sorry was on my phone and trying to copy out the format :p

TRF name: IRFU
Gamertag: thomas9124

I accept the conditions

Competition Format: If possible pools then finals but, it would be better that it just runs smoothly.
Secondary team: Tonga
Tertiary team: Scotland

Thanks IRFU, you'll be in the draw with Raziel (and probably others yet) for Ireland. :D

Tremendous start for Xbox 360. We have 3 players of the 20 already. It's looking like pools and then finals are favoured and selecting three teams prior to the draw from the looks so far.

TRF name: nato
Gamertag: nato13e

Competition Format: pools then semi finals then finals. ( So just 1 winner from each pool?)
Secondary team: France
Tertiary team: Wales

I agree to the Rules aswell.

TRF name: nato
Gamertag: nato13e

Competition Format: pools then semi finals then finals. ( So just 1 winner from each pool?)
Secondary team: France
Tertiary team: Wales

I agree to the Rules aswell.

It looks to me that the way it's shaping it'll be very similar to World Cup format at this stage. It's be likely four pools of five, with the top two going through to quarter finals. :)

I'd also like input. Video games are very different to real rugby. Are our finals (quarters, semis and the final) all one offs, or best of three?

Finally, time limit for matches. 5mins each way? 10? Or perhaps 5 min pools and 10min finals?

Let me know how you feel guys. It's your competition. :)

TRF name: TRF_Getofmeland
Gamertag: Getofmeland

Preferred team: England
Secondary team: South Africa
Tertiary team: Ireland

Didn't really think about those things,
5 min pools games, 10 minute finals.
Also say if there is more than 20 people want to play, we could add a extra person to each pool? So that every body could get a shot or we could put them in the next competition or different region competition?

TRF ID - TVH11
Platform - PS3
PSN - TVH11

Preferred Team - Wales
Secondary Team - France
Tertiary Team - Australia

(are we allowed to use SH teams??? :p :p)

TRF ID - TVH11
Platform - PS3
PSN - TVH11

Preferred Team - Wales
Secondary Team - France
Tertiary Team - Australia

(are we allowed to use SH teams??? :p :p)

Absolutely!!! No problem. Everyone will likely have one different team from the World Cup. I'm unsure of people being able to play online as Wales Vs Wales or the like, so everyone will need to have a different team.

I'll update new info as I get it into the first post and there will be a new thread for fixtures and results. :)

Didn't really think about those things,
5 min pools games, 10 minute finals.
Also say if there is more than 20 people want to play, we could add a extra person to each pool? So that every body could get a shot or we could put them in the next competition or different region competition?

In the event there was enough interest, we'd look at various options including running a second comp alongside the first in whichever region that occurred.

I must say, the Welsh and Irish have taken to this very quickly. Might those countries have some of the best gamers in the European region? I guess we're going to find out. :)

erm... maybe I should recheck my secondary & tertiary team selections! ...almost everyone else is going the whole hog and choosing a Tier 1 nation for their choices! :gulp:

Would prefer 10min halves for all games - it's not like we are all sitting in the same room waiting for our turn with the controller on the sofa so we need to speed the pool games up... we'll be playing games concurrently and I want time enough to enjoy the games I'm involved - especially if I end up with Romania and only get 4 games!

If we get the 20 players needed, I say stick to the pure RWC format for the initial comps and then do the varying up of pool sizes, team selection repetition, straight to semi's, best of 3 games etc ideas until a later date when the theme and hype of the actual RWC is not as high and we need the variation.

I've also just ordered up the Roxio Game Capture unit, so anyone playing against me will be captured and posted up on youtube for future viewing and highlight reels!

And what's everyone's and the official TRF opinion on the use of any exploits in the game? Are they to be embraced/shunned/exploiters shamed?

Last edited:
TRF Name: TRF_Olyy
XBL Name: Olyy

1st Team: England
2nd Team: Fiji
3rd Team: France

Pools, semis, Finals sounds good to me, though whichever way it goes I'm happy anyway :)

TRF id conal
xbox tag conalb
platform x box

1st team ireland
2nd team samoa
3rd canada

any format as long as its orgonised properly!

however to mabey make the the teams slightly more even you can only have one tier 1 team one tier 2 team and a minnow as your third???

to stop people picking like wales france then say the allblacks

Last edited:
Some very good points raised by Raziel and Conal. There's starting to be some very good feedback so far which is helping things take shape. I believe the 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice team format definitely seems to be the way to go.

Perhaps we could have it that people will be awarded home and away fixtures. The home team gets use of their primary team, and the away team gets to use their secondary or tertiary team?

We may have it that players could have to select two tier one teams and one tier two or below team to diversify the squads being played as. This depends on feedback we receive in this thread. I may start a poll on that in the Oceania thread. Further to that, the Oceania people can vote on the gameplay time in this poll also.

Finally, we want these competitions to be how our general membership feels works best and that's why we're having a few days of input. The initial format for all regions will be finalised prior to release, so there's no worries there.

Keep the feedback coming, it's very welcome. :)

Latest posts