• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Rugby - Rescheduled Fixtures

That breakdown was a joke. Toulon not releasing the player, lying all over the ball and we get penalised for holding on...

WTF!? Penalty against Bath at the scrum!?

I'm pretty sure Matawalu was Craig's personal signing - he's a winger not a SH.

TBF though Olyy... The reason Ford tackles high is to disrupt the ball.

Toulon recruitment has been soooo crap this season.

They need 2 new props who can mainly scrummage. A lock or 2

A 10 who isn't Cooper or Taylor.

Wilson looking good so far, which is good from an England point of view.
Lahiff starting to crumble, which will surprise no one.

TBF though Olyy... The reason Ford tackles high is to disrupt the ball.
He genuinely needs to rethink that, then, cause it doesn't. Think that's the first time I can remember it happening, and then Basta is hardly known for his hands.
He should follow the O'Gara model of slowing them down until someone else can tackle, cause all Ford does is get bounced.

Roko has to be in.

Thats exactly what he does do Olyy - tries to stop the ball until someone else stops the man.

He genuinely needs to rethink that, then, cause it doesn't. Think that's the first time I can remember it happening, and then Basta is hardly known for his hands.
He should follow the O'Gara model of slowing them down until someone else can tackle, cause all Ford does is get bounced.

I swear last season Ford went low and was much better. Going high is to prevent offloads but if you are getting bounced all the time, it doesn't work. Ford should just go for the legs.

Toulon getting away with so much at the breakdown, it's a joke.

Last edited:
It's nice to see Bath playing like Bath for once. I think Cooper is helping though, but Cook is clearly the guy that should be starting. Ford's kicking to the wings has been effective so far.

That breakdown was a joke. Toulon not releasing the player, lying all over the ball and we get penalised for holding on...

WTF!? Penalty against Bath at the scrum!?

I feel like we've had the arse end of the ref a bit so far, although I guess it might be my intrinsic bias.

I swear last season Ford went low and was much better. Going high is to prevent offloads but if you are getting bounced all the time, it doesn't work. Ford should just go for the legs.
Aye, it's gotta be a coaching thing.
Ever since his first day in training (especially as his Dad was a pro/was a defence coach) a guy the size of Ford will have been told to tackle as low as he can.
If there's an offload then the rest of the defence has to cover, but it's better than just letting the strike runners break the gainline every time.

How in the hell is that not a penalty?!?!!
Cook is trying to pull the ball out of the ruck and Habana(?) had both hands holding it in, while lying at the bottom of the ruck. Referee is watching this happen, waits, tells him to release, waits, tells him again and then he does.
It should have been a penalty the moment Habana went off his feet.

Reffing only 1 side in the breakdown, it's a ****ing joke.

Watson and Roko playing very well.

Oh for ****'s sake Bath

Didn't even see what happened but the camera seemed to pick out Day afterwards, did he do something after the whistle?

Bastareaud attempting to pass a rugby ball is one of my favourite things about Toulon.

Bastareaud is massive. Why does he try to run around people rather than direct lines?

Don't think Cooper is the answer at 10 for Toulon. They're beatable at the moment. They miss Giteau and look unsettled. Laporte is on his way out and he doesn't have same influence. Tuisova is dynamite.

Toulon for the taking, they look very beatable. Cooper is a liability. Hope they play him more in T14...

Last edited:

Latest posts