• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Rugby - Rescheduled Fixtures

Maybe.

Although the Salary cap thing prob meant nothing would have changed in terms of ribbing.

What salary cap thing? Don't know what you're talking about mate. No salary cap issues over here

I'm not a Craig fan, but at least he doesn't run onto pitch as if he's just personally won the game.

And also, yeah there's an element of buying in players which I can appreciate is irritating to other clubs' supporters, but he's also a) invested in training facilities; and b) fought very hard for permission to improve the stadium whilst keeping our home in the city centre. Credit where it's due, even to a smarmy orange pillock!

Just watched this match. Wow, Lobbe wow. He was immense, and unfortunately also injured. Refused to come off, knew he needed to push at scrum time. It looked like he was scrummaging and holding his ribs together at the same time!
ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1452449488.069268.jpg

Did not see the game thanks to the BT having it but

1. Bastereau is long past his sell by date....fact....said it weeks ago.......

2. Clancey is absolute crap........fact............said it years ago.........

3. Games do not need tries to be enjoyable............fact............that is rugby............said it years ago...

4. We do not need 6 points a try......said it this week if somewhat sarcastically.

Good to know you guys are catching up with me!!

Incidentally, have not seen Nonu have a reasonable, never mind good, game since he arrived at Toulon but would certainly be helped by leaving Bastereau on the other side of the touch line.

I LOVE the Pilou Pilou from Toulon............almost as much as the Kiwis like the Haka...........can we have more such club songs from other clubs please and shut all music off for the duration of the time spectators are in the stadium!! That would increase the whole experience.................

How does this season competition feel compared to previous years.

Have seen a few Leinster and Munster fans complaining about it not being poorer all round.

Is that sour grapes or do you agree?

Have seen a few Leinster and Munster fans complaining about it not being poorer all round.

Wind up? If so poor, Leinster should have been insulted weeks ago, we know we're the **** again being unbeaten in 7 domestically!

If not I think European club rugby is experiencing a severe World cup hangover, Toulon, Leinster, Munster, Glasgow and Toulouse look seriously weaker than recent years. England's **** World Cup has paid handsomely, Lancaster and Farrell must have been working for BT the whole time. I'm afraid of what's to come for Irish rugby.

Just speakin about french teams, the timing of top14 made it very hard for big clubs to gain points in both competitons.
Also, i still dont see the point to send so much teams from top14, 7 is way too much.
Too much weak teams, too much games, not very intersting.

1. Bastereau is long past his sell by date....fact....said it weeks ago.......

Agreed. Butchered 2 try opportunities. Has walked himself out of an intl call-up for a good while.
Noves hates Toulon anyway.

No Munsterfan has complained about competition. Every complaint is about internal issues and our own issues and problems.

If not I think European club rugby is experiencing a severe World cup hangover, Toulon, Leinster, Munster, Glasgow and Toulouse look seriously weaker than recent years.

Toulouse are topping the league with a group of youngsters growing in stature. We're on a run of 3 straight wins home and away over Toulon. We put 31 points on them just after Xmas. And all of this with a new staff in and 10 kids in the squad.
We're not chasing Europe this season. Not an excuse just fact. It clearly shows in our recruitment. If we wanted to chase the double this season we'd have to recruit like Toulon and we're not going down that road.
If this is weak, I'd hate to think what will happen when our recruitment starts for real and the youngsters mature. We've just barely made a dent in our 35 M euros budget with Richie Gray' who is the only 'star' recruited so far.

Toulouse are topping the league with a group of youngsters growing in stature. We're on a run of 3 straight wins home and away over Toulon. We put 31 points on them just after Xmas. And all of this with a new staff in and 10 kids in the squad.
We're not chasing Europe this season. Not an excuse just fact. It clearly shows in our recruitment. If we wanted to chase the double this season we'd have to recruit like Toulon and we're not going down that road.
If this is weak, I'd hate to think what will happen when our recruitment starts for real and the youngsters mature. We've just barely made a dent in our 35 M euros budget with Richie Gray' who is the only 'star' recruited so far.
Based on the European cup where they've been ****e, thanks for the essay though! A1.

3. Games do not need tries to be enjoyable............fact............that is rugby............said it years ago....
You're preaching to the choir here some of the best games I've ever watched have been below 15 points a side. Except they make really poor matches for people who don't understand Rugby for purests they are great battles but outside they are a struggle.

That said this wasn't one of those games too many dodgy decisions fo my liking. Clancy at scrum time for example just went with whoever had the put in. So yeah good match but not a belter required a better ref for that.

Latest posts