• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Rugby - Rescheduled Fixtures

You got dismantled by Toulon. We put 31 pts on their 1st team 2 wks ago.

... Look at the forum you're in buddy... It's not the Top 14 one... That rebuttle is more D standard...

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't a wind up.

I could wind you up like a jack in the box if I wanted to bro.

It's not too hard to get me to expose myself!

Reading comprehension, F... Your grades are slipping kid, buck up your ideas and don't get cocky.

Means nothing to me. Are you learning your alphabet? U just jumped from A to F. Try again.
I can think of a few other words that starts with F.....

Last edited:
Wind up? If so poor, Leinster should have been insulted weeks ago, we know we're the **** again being unbeaten in 7 domestically!

If not I think European club rugby is experiencing a severe World cup hangover, Toulon, Leinster, Munster, Glasgow and Toulouse look seriously weaker than recent years. England's **** World Cup has paid handsomely, Lancaster and Farrell must have been working for BT the whole time. I'm afraid of what's to come for Irish rugby.

In fairness, Leinster had around 20 of their players injured/away at the world cup and had little to no time to reintegrate them before the Wasps game. They went close against Bath, were sound defensively against Toulon away and played very well for 60 mins against Toulon at home.

I'd disagree Luke. If they were like Munster we only had 1 week less than English teams and while Leinster had injuries so did most others its part of game.

Was an excellent piece there recently from BOD on how Irish club rugby is suffering and the fact the AIL is in huge decline will eventually hurt the provincial game. But that in a loop it may benefit the national team in some parts while being very dismantling in other areas.

He stated for his generation it was never tempting enough to go but now it is a serious carrot in guys now and in the future short term that the huge wages abroad linked with the fact the IRFU funding lowering that it may be the norm seeing a majority of national team being based abroad.
I think it returns to the point now that while academies are good here they to not help the players learn great dark arts they once learned in the coal face yard of a competitive AIL game. Especially front row guys. This in return means guys are coming in a bit more ripe and gullible.

In fairness, Leinster had around 20 of their players injured/away at the world cup and had little to no time to reintegrate them before the Wasps game. They went close against Bath, were sound defensively against Toulon away and played very well for 60 mins against Toulon at home.
Leinster were undoubtedly worse in this years comp though. The World Cup took it's toll but I think it was more of a case of taking time to adapt to Cullen and co. rather than injuries. Leinster have improved consistently since after the Bath match to the point where we've just beaten Munster, Connacht and Ospreys on the trot and done it with ease, this is far more reminiscent of the Schmidt era than MOC's and has me very satisfied despite not having European rugby after the six nations. It also puts a certain user whose name begins with F's petty squabble with me into a further realm of pettiness considering Leinster and Toulouse are in almost the exact same position in their respective domestic league!

yeah you're right you wouldn't survive in T14

Now my good man. If you look back on these posts you will see that my Comrade was referring to European performances and as such your delightfully salty responses which reflect an inexplicable inferiority complex are out of place
Yours
- Groundhog

Now my good man. If you look back on these posts you will see that my Comrade was referring to European performances and as such your delightfully salty responses which reflect an inexplicable inferiority complex are out of place
Your comrade brought up the T14, not me. My first post explained further up why Toulouse didn't mount a serious challenge in CCup. And my point makes perfect sense when you look at the team's age profile and current low profile recruitment.

Toulouse will come back in CCup when time is right. We haven't started recruiting for real yet and we're top of the league level with teams with bagloads of SH stars.

Top comment here

Mourad's latest, when asked to compare Quade Cooper to Jonny Wilko: "It's difficult to go from foie gras to pâté"

LOLOLOLOL

One thing I noticed about Cook was that he passed the ball without taking a half step to set himself up. Maybe no coincidence that Ford went slightly better given an extra split second?

Not really sure what his running game is like, but I've liked much of what I've seen from him.

One thing I noticed about Cook was that he passed the ball without taking a half step to set himself up. Maybe no coincidence that Ford went slightly better given an extra split second?

Not really sure what his running game is like, but I've liked much of what I've seen from him.

It's nice to see a 9 who can do useful box kicks too.

He had a couple of running chances he created too. Very close to an interception try from a line out, and made good metres sniping round the breakdown.

Doesn't run from the base a lot (maybe partly down to being mentored by Stringer), but looks pretty pacey to me. Certainly didn't struggle with that 70m run in against Toulouse last year.

Totally agree about the passing, I love a SH who just passes straight from the base, especially to a playmaking ten like Ford.

Takes a bit of the pressure off Ford as tactical kicking is not his greatest strength (although it was good yesterday, not quite as earth-shattering as the commentators made out)

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't run from the base a lot (maybe partly down to being mentored by Stringer), but looks pretty pacey to me. Certainly didn't struggle with that 70m run in against Toulouse last year.

Totally agree about the passing, I love a SH who just passes straight from the base, especially to a playmaking ten like Ford.

Takes a bit of the pressure off Ford as tactical kicking is not his greatest strength (although it was good yesterday, not quite as earth-shattering as the commentators made out)

Latest posts