• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Evans bros extend contracts

A

An Tarbh

Both Evans brothers have signed contract extensions with Glasgow which will see them staying at the club until the next world cup.

BBC Sport

Glasgow seem to be making some strides. Their results are improving, they're holding onto their top players and adding quality like Chris Cusiter to their ranks. The next step is getting fans through the gate.

Well they have probably exactly the right size stadium and according to what I've heard from some of my Sarries mates who went up there last season they got a grand welcome.

You can add Rob Dewey to the list of players they've re-signed/recruited:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
http://sport.scotsman.com/rugby/Rugby-new-...nsor.5074382.jp

The signing of international centre Rob Dewey by Glasgow, from Ulster, helped offset the Warriors disappointment that jersey sponsor FloGas has opted to end its three year relationship with the team.

Dewey, who gained the first of 13 caps at Edinburgh, has been out in the cold since the 2007 world cup quarter final against Argentina and sees the move as helping his Test prospects:

"I (also) believe in the importance of being in Scotland, in front of the national coach, for getting myself back into contention for future Scotland honours" said the former Heriot's star.

Glasgow officials have pledged to step up the hunt for a new jersey sponsor.[/b]

Latest posts