• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Everybody check your smoke alarms!!!

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Today I had a pair of coveralls that were left too close to a fireplace(which I stupidly assumed was turned off) catch fire. Thankfully the smoke alarms came on quick enough that I was able to get into the room grab the half that wasn't on fire and throw them out the door into the snow. Another minute or so and a fire that caused a few bucks of damage and made the house smelly could have burnt the whole house down and killed my pets.

I honestly have never had anything that scary happen to me ever before the overalls are completely destroyed, and carrying out a flaming article of clothing trying not to catch yourself on fire isn'tsomething I would recommend. Please forum members check the batteries on your alarms, and the rest of your fire safety stuff.

It was a stupid place for me to put them, just one of those brain fart moments, but it was literally just a couple of minutes away from getting totally out of hand. We have a volunteer fire department here so I'm not too sure how good their response time is, could have been at least thousands of dollars of damage if not much much worse.

TL;DR version: Little Guy threw his clothes in the fire, then put them on, ran about the house and then jumped in the snow.

That's one less pair of overalls, good job LG!
Farming in a tuxedo is the way go.

Latest posts