• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ewen McKenzie likely new Pumas head coach after resigning from ARU?

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Ewen McKenzie ‘approached to coach Argentinta’ after resigning from Wallabies post

FROM Brisbane to Buenos Aires.
Ewen McKenzie has only just resigned from the Wallabies post, but he has apparently already been lined up for a new Test coaching position â€" by a direct Rugby Championship rival of Australia.
According to*a report in The Australian, just hours after McKenzie stunned the rugby world by announcing his departure from the Wallabies, Argentina was sounding him out about coaching them to next year’s World Cup

The report says that it is unknown whether McKenzie would be interested in coaching Los Pumas, who shocked the Wallabies 21-17 in Mendoza only a fortnight ago.
The Argentina interest provides an interesting twist to the McKenzie saga, given that his shock Saturday night announcement can be traced back in part to an incident that kicked off in South America.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wal.../story-e6frf55l-1227096159095?from=public_rss

Would be a bit of a slap in the face to Hourcade if it is true.

Wouldn't be a bad rebound at all if McKenzie took up the post.

I was going to say that, didn't they just appoint Hourcade and hasn't he just achieved the pumas first RC win. slap in the face/kick in the guts indeed.

I can't really understand were this rumor came from! Hourcade has proved that he can take the Team to a Top Level - The team's cohesion is very strong and results have been delivered with only 8 months on the job! Huevo Hourcade took over a complicated situation in disarray and he managed to put things behind and deliver excellent results! The team has momentum and will come back from the NH Tour with 3 wins and stronger than ever. I believe the new regarding Ewan are a bunch of BS.

Cheika might not have been available to coach the Wallabies if McKenzie had departed after the Spring Tour, and not before. Cheika admitted he'd held talks with the Argentinian Rugby Union about taking over as coach of the Pumas in 2016, and was set to make a decision in coming weeks.

NSW powerbrokers had been sweating bullets this year about Cheika's links to South America, where they said he'd been on a "study tour" as recently as three weeks ago.

"I had spoken to them, I wouldn't lie," Cheika admitted.

"They are good people, very good people and are going to do very well going forward because they have excellent management. They are being run really well. (Argentina rugby icon) Gus Pichot and those guys are doing a really good job, and have really good personalities. They are nice lads."

Ironically McKenzie is now reportedly in talks with the Pumas.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...ng-wallabies-job/story-e6frf55l-1227102220406

Latest posts