• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ex-Blue Bulls 'went on axe-murdering rampage'

Absolutely dreadful.

Not sure he is an ex-Springbok, as some sources are saying he is an ex-Blue Bulls player (Currie Cup, not Super 12/14)

Sorry - my mistake.
NOT ex-Springbok but Ex Bulls Player.

Cheers Draggs

Someone rapes your flesh and blood infects them with a terminal illness ..you know who did it ..grand take what revenge you want ..rather gruesome story it seems however

I applaud the bloke, I'd be tempted into the same actions if I was in his position.. Is there any reason the people responsible for the gang rape weren't in prison?

Any ******** who did that to my daughter could expect to spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders!!!

Wow. In honesty, and I may live to regret this, if they did in fact give his daughter HIV in a gang rape, then I can't think of a more justifiable reason. In the same situation, I would probably do the same. Scary to think that the Bees Roux was also from the Bulls, what a last couple of months.

On a different note, it kind of puts the Ben Foden incident (which will proabably get more media attention) in perspective.

Former Springbok 'went on axe-murdering rampage'

Pretty harrowing stuff - you have to feel for all involved. The desire for vengeance is so understandable, the method is tragically misguided:

Telegraph Report

Edit - thanks whoever found and merged this into the correct thread! I think the key point many are missing, is that it is not the perpetrators (at least not certainly) who he attacked, these were seemingly random executions.

Last edited:
Frankly, if the guy did attack the actual rapists, then I take my hat off to him

Killing is not a good deed, so don't think I think so, but in this country you are very lucky (especially when it comes to township police) if the police give a rats arse as to what happens to you or your family.

I mean in the area where I used to live, robbers were attacking/robbing a supermarket, the police station was across the f*cking road, and the excuse they gave for not going to help, was that there were no squad cars available (which every witness can attest that there were at least 3-not that it makes much of a difference)

I just hope that this guy got the right guys, and given the age of the former player his daughter is probably less than 16 years old.

Edit: What do you know, this guy is being detained in the station literally at the bottom of the street I live in, I wonder...

Last edited:
I just hope that this guy got the right guys, and given the age of the former player his daughter is probably less than 16 years old...

Yup, I was thinking the same earlier. I can't condone the way in which he took his vengeance, but I certainly won't loose sleep at night if the guys he attacked were the right guys.

Ultimately though, his daughter will most likely spend the toughest part of her life, dealing with HIV, without her father, and that's very sad.

Its all very well to say good on him if he got the right guys (And i share very much the same sentiments as everyone else on that matter), but what if he didn't get the right guys?
Given the mental state he was probably in, its not out of the question that he rushed in and murdered three innocent guys..

Its all very well to say good on him if he got the right guys (And i share very much the same sentiments as everyone else on that matter), but what if he didn't get the right guys?
Given the mental state he was probably in, its not out of the question that he rushed in and murdered three innocent guys..

I think thats the biggest concern

Yeah, and that's the big one isn't it. It changes the situation completely.

This is a tough one. If this happened in Australia i'd probably say the guy has crossed the line, he should have just contained himself and let our legal process do its work.

But in SA it seems the whole system is a joke. Maybe he has done the community a favor, 'id like to know why he needed to do it with an axe though.

Is he a danger to society? Or just people who rape his daughter?

(before the murder) If he couldn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that his targets were the actual rapists, i'd possibly answer yes to the former.

This is a tough one. If this happened in Australia i'd probably say the guy has crossed the line, he should have just contained himself and let our legal process do its work.

But in SA it seems the whole system is a joke. Maybe he has done the community a favor, 'id like to know why he needed to do it with an axe though.

Is he a danger to society? Or just people who rape his daughter?

(before the murder) If he couldn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that his targets were the actual rapists, i'd possibly answer yes to the former.

Sharper than a spade, lower profile than a broadsword...

My first thought when i saw the word broadsword was "Awesome". Does that make me a bad person

Personally I think the justice system as it is doesn't work. Countries have finite resources and a lot of money is spent on so-called rehabilitation of seriously bad people. If you can for 100% sure remove the right people who actually committed the most heinous crimes, then why the heck not? They'll never do it again.

There's a reason why crime was never as bad as it is right now world-wide and the guilty party is excess of liberty and envy of what you haven't strived for. Society had it's bad times decades ago, but it was never this bad, partly because many people now aren't brought up right, covet what they have never earned and have access to things like bad stimulants, bad social environments and un-righteous anger.

Latest posts