English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Released a few days ago, but the squad has been named:

Exiles: Anthony Laffranchi, Francis Meli, Lance Hohaia, Tony Puletua, Sia Soliola (all St Helens), Antonio Kaufusi, Michael Robertson (both London Broncos), Brett Delaney (Leeds), Brett Finch, George Carmont, Thomas Leuluai, Jeff Lima, Pat Richards (all Wigan), Brett Hodgson (capt), Trent Waterhouse, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan (all Warrington), Clint Greenshields, Lopini Paea, Louis Anderson, Darryl Millard, Scott Dureau, Setaimata Sa (all Catalan Dragons), David Fa'aologo, Jason Chan, Luke O'Donnell (all Huddersfield), Heath L'Estrange (Bradford), Jake Webster (Hull KR), Joel Moon (Salford), Willie Manu (Hull).

It's a good looking side, and great to see six Catalans players in there :D Dureau is outstanding, so will be good to see him take the stage. Shame that Menzies didn't make the cut though, he's still tearing it up - gutted he had to miss last years through injury.

Weirdly I think I'll be supporting Exiles over England in this match :lol:

Here's a bit of trivia...

That Elixes squad has a combined total of approx. 250 international caps and 30 State of Origin matches.

It certainly seems so!

Are these games heavily supported in England or is it an after thought? Are they run on a standalone weekend instead of regular games or are they played in the middle of the week similar to Stage of Origin?

I haven't really shown any interest in the past so don't know a bloody thing about them!

I don't really live in a League hotbed, so I'm not too sure how well supported they are to be honest!
I do know a lot of people think they're a bit of a mickey mouse period, with nothing really at stake etc.

They're played on bye weeks, which I think annoys some people as it takes away a weekend of rest so increases the risk of injuries etc.
Wales and France have a game against each other on the weekend of the first match, so any players from those two teams not selected for Exiles is also away on international duty.